Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:39 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Agreed that the few FS lounges are worth the extra $...And the FS lounge in Seoul is esp. of good value/cheap vs. the club premium in other markets.

We had a wonderful stay at the FS Hong Kong a couple months ago in a Harbour Suite with Club access...The entire team in general was wonderful but the club staff, just on another level and extremely proactive.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Agreed that the few FS lounges are worth the extra $...And the FS lounge in Seoul is esp. of good value/cheap vs. the club premium in other markets.

We had a wonderful stay at the FS Hong Kong a couple months ago in a Harbour Suite with Club access...The entire team in general was wonderful but the club staff, just on another level and extremely proactive.
I can definitely vouch for FS Hong Kong in that regard! Had one of the best iced cappuccinos in my life there.
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

https://press.fourseasons.com/seoul/.../korean-sauna/

More information on the private Korean baths at FS Seoul.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
https://press.fourseasons.com/seoul/.../korean-sauna/

More information on the private Korean baths at FS Seoul.
By the way, have you heard anything as to who follows in Lubosh Barta's footsteps at FS Seoul?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scented
By the way, have you heard anything as to who follows in Lubosh Barta's footsteps at FS Seoul?
I was going to ask you! Lol

@Kagehitokiri have you seen anything on the Interwebs? LinkedIn has Barta at the FS Bangkok hotel and residences GM.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:31 pm

I was going to ask you! Lol

@Kagehitokiri have you seen anything on the Interwebs? LinkedIn has Barta at the FS Bangkok hotel and residences GM.
Will check my sources! Yes Lubosh Barta is already very hands-on with the construction works, as he has been in Seoul.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Stayed here in September. The rooms were OK, not amazing. Breakfast pretty good. Gym/Spa was fine, there's a "speakeasy" cocktail bar in the basement. The problem for me was the location. Not very convenient, for that reason, probably wouldn't return.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Stayed here in September. The rooms were OK, not amazing. Breakfast pretty good. Gym/Spa was fine, there's a "speakeasy" cocktail bar in the basement. The problem for me was the location. Not very convenient, for that reason, probably wouldn't return.

Then you would hate to see the other Seoul luxury hotels if these FS rooms are just OK. The base rooms have seen a lot of wear and tear from Korean OTA bookings but the Executive suites and specialty ones are exquisite.
I actually don't want to like this hotel but came to realize its the best luxury option for the disconcerning travelers here.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 14, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:22 am

Then you would hate to see the other Seoul luxury hotels if these FS rooms are just OK. The base rooms have seen a lot of wear and tear from Korean OTA bookings but the Executive suites and specialty ones are exquisite.
I actually don't want to like this hotel but came to realize its the best luxury option for the disconcerting travelers here.
I stayed in the ambassador suite when I was at the 4S Seoul and found it to be quite nice. Although it could use some more attention to detail. I was very unimpressed with the fact that although I communicated a shrimp allergy to them, they served me shrimp at their Japanese restaurant. Also, the staff in the club lounge do not have the best discretion.

I think hardware-wise the 4s is one of the best in Seoul. Although Korea is very, very weak in the luxury hotel department when compared with, say, Tokyo...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kimchi278
I stayed in the ambassador suite when I was at the 4S Seoul and found it to be quite nice. Although it could use some more attention to detail. I was very unimpressed with the fact that although I communicated a shrimp allergy to them, they served me shrimp at their Japanese restaurant. Also, the staff in the club lounge do not have the best discretion.

I think hardware-wise the 4s is one of the best in Seoul. Although Korea is very, very weak in the luxury hotel department when compared with, say, Tokyo...
That's a pretty big fail. Did you mention it to Esther or management?

What happened in the Club Lounge?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:33 am

That's a pretty big fail. Did you mention it to Esther or management?

What happened in the Club Lounge?
Lubosh was the manager when I stayed there. I mentioned the shrimp incident to him and only after contacting corporate did he take the complaint seriously. However, when he invited me a complimentary stay of course I declined. However my friends who were coincidentally staying there when he and I were conversing were upgraded to a palace view suite from a studio suite so that was very much appreciated.

A staff member of the club lounge was telling his friend about me (I guess that it was weird that I was staying alone and staying in the ambassador suite) but didn't know that friend was an acquaintance of mine. I found out through small talk and was unimpressed because I always imagined 4s staff having the utmost discretion.

I forget the manager's name of the club lounge (Sukyung?) but I remember her being extremely helpful and proactive.

I really love the service at the Shilla but the location is not great and I wish the windows were floor to ceiling. I've stayed in their third to highest suite and it just seemed so basic.

I tell all my friends who visit Korea, you have to compromise ONE thing when deciding on a hotel in Seoul: location, room condition or view.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Lubosh was the manager when I stayed there. I mentioned the shrimp incident to him and only after contacting corporate did he take the complaint seriously. However, when he invited me a complimentary stay of course I declined. However my friends who were coincidentally staying there when he and I were conversing were upgraded to a palace view suite from a studio suite so that was very much appreciated.

A staff member of the club lounge was telling his friend about me (I guess that it was weird that I was staying alone and staying in the ambassador suite) but didn't know that friend was an acquaintance of mine. I found out through small talk and was unimpressed because I always imagined 4s staff having the utmost discretion.

I really love the service at the Shilla but the location is not great and I wish the windows were floor to ceiling. I've stayed in their third to highest suite and it just seemed so basic.

I tell all my friends who visit Korea, you have to compromise ONE thing when deciding on a hotel in Seoul: location, room condition or view.
Pretty big failure in both cases! I would be extremely unhappy to be gossiped on too. The allergy should have been taken more seriously and shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Usually, FS properties are very vigilant with allergies and proactive to make substitutions.

The Club Manager at FS Seoul is great. Friendly, attentive and helpful.

You're pretty much right about Seoul luxury hotels. Views are pretty pathetic though compared to other world class cities. Either Namsan, Han river, Signiel 100 storey high apartments or city view.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:49 am
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:48 am

Pretty big failure in both cases! I would be extremely unhappy to be gossiped on too. The Club Manager at FS Seoul is great. Friendly, attentive and helpful.

You're pretty much right about Seoul luxury hotels. Views are pretty pathetic though compared to other world class cities. Either Namsan, Han river, Signiel 100 storey high apartments or city view.
I've stayed at PH Seoul & Busan, Conrad, 4S Seoul and Shilla. They are all nice unless you've stayed at an Aman anywhere or an Oberoi in India. Then they just cant compare. How is the Signiel? I went there for a drink one night and was not impressed with the Decor. They told us you need to order a bottle if you want a window seat despite being COMPLETELY empty at 4pm. Robotic much?

The PH Busan does have nice views though...
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've stayed at PH Seoul & Busan, Conrad, 4S Seoul and Shilla. They are all nice unless you've stayed at an Aman anywhere or an Oberoi in India. Then they just cant compare. How is the Signiel? I went there for a drink one night and was not impressed with the Decor. They told us you need to order a bottle if you want a window seat despite being COMPLETELY empty at 4pm. Robotic much?

The PH Busan does have nice views though...
PH Busan does have REALLY nice bridge and ocean views. The food seems to be going downhill though.

Signiel is a horror show. From the GM to the bottom. Service levels are abysmal and the rooms just hideous! They charged me a few dollars for being a few mins late driving out of their parking lot. Laughable that the Yannick Alleno restaurant got 1 Michelin star when Yannick Alleno has probably just been there for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
We hated the location of PH Busan. Nice hotel, but a pain to get anywhere.

We loved FS Seoul. One of our favorites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.