Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St Barths - Best option

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

St Barths - Best option

Having trouble with availability at Eden Rock or Cheval Blanc over xmas.
Any thoughts on next best option? Going with two 18 year olds so Le Toiny is probably too quiet.

Thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:54 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Have you thought of Le Sereno? My clients have often preferred this to Eden Rock.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:54 am

Just got back from a stay at Le Toiny. They have some big renovation plans about to start. (new villas, new pool decking setup, beach build out...) there was no construction that we heard during our stay but our villa already had a remodeled bathroom. I agree le toniy might be too quiet for a couple 18yr olds, but it really depends on them..

I would look for a villa rental if there isn't availability at eden roc.

Le Serano was mentioned, I only saw it at night but it looked pretty nice. It's the slow season obviously, but I did find it a little odd that we were the only ones eating at the restaurant there the night we went.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:37 am

I understand that Eden Rock holds rooms for clients, but might open things up if you push them. There is a 14-day minimum stay over the festive season, which again, they might be flexible on. Suites run $7,500 Euros a night, plus 5% taxes. Their booking requires 120 days notice for cancellations, so by mid/late August all will be finalized.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: Virtuoso
How long are you looking to stay? I hear great things about Hotel Taiwana, but they do have a 12 night minimum over the Christmas/New Years holiday.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
I thought the Hotel Christopher was good and I would recommend it. They have some good top end suites which are located at the end of the hotel facing directly onto the ocean, which is also the most secluded part of the hotel. The swimming pool area there is nice, and they have a good restaurant and bar area. It is in a quiet area of the island, but not "le toiny" quiet, which is in relatively wild and secluded part of the island. It would be fine for teenagers.

Eden Roc looks great, and I love the Sand Bar. The concern with Eden Roc is that it is on the busiest part of the island, next to quite a busy round-about. I could imagine street noise being an issue for some of the rooms at this hotel. The suites on the rock facing the water would be the quietest. Rooms facing Nicki Beach restaurant could also be an issue, because Nicki Beach certainly does rock and has music to match, however I don't believe Nicki Beach is open late most of the year.

Le Toiny probably would be my pick out of all the hotels. I am surprised that the hotel is undergoing renovation, because it looked absolutely smashing as it is. It is quiet though. I had heard a story long ago about Princess Diana's office seeking to book her into Le Toiny during a visit to St Barts during the 1990s, and I could understand why Diana's office would choose this hotel for her because it is super-luxurious, and very private and secluded.

There are some really fantastic villas on St Barts, so if the right hotel doesn't work out getting a villa shouldn't be a problem. If I had a choose of all the areas of St Barts for a villa I would go for beachfront at Flamands, which I thought was the most beautiful beach. There is also a nice looking hotel at Flamands however I did not visit it (Cheval Blanc I think).

The only other thing I can suggest is to call the hotels and speak with them about availability (you are probably doing this anyway). St Barts at this time is probably a bit like St Tropez during August where you need to call or email and some hotels don't allow you to book online citing non-availability for some reason.

You are wanting to go over the Christmas New Year period which is peak peak peak time in St Barts, and the hotels would have their regular clients who book in year after year so it doesn't surprise me that you are having some trouble booking into hotels then.

Last edited by QF Lad; Jul 22, 2015 at 8:17 am
Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by QF Lad

Le Toiny probably would be my pick out of all the hotels. I am surprised that the hotel is undergoing renovation, because it looked absolutely smashing as it is. It is quiet though. I had heard a story long ago about Princess Diana's office seeking to book hear into Le Toiny during a visit to St Barts during the 1990s, and I could understand why Diana's office would choose this hotel for her because it is super-luxurious, and very private and secluded.
here's some info about the le toiny reno:

http://www.newjetsetters.com/newsent...oiny-for-2016/
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by geoffk
here's some info about the le toiny reno:

http://www.newjetsetters.com/newsent...oiny-for-2016/

Thanks. What was St Barts like during July? Were many restaurants closed? Were many places in Gustavia open? Did it rain much?
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by QF Lad
Thanks. What was St Barts like during July? Were many restaurants closed? Were many places in Gustavia open? Did it rain much?
we were there last week in june > july 4th. No rain during the day but a few showers at night. It was a bit windy at times though.

It was certainly slow, as mentioned the night we ate at le serano, we were the only table table there, at Le Toiny, there were maybe 6 tables filled (it's a pretty small restaurant though). On the rock at eden rock was a bit more busy.

Nikki beach had a good deal going everyday but sunday where you got a daybed, 2 drinks, bottle of water and 2 sushi platters for $100.. (that's what the daybed by itself usually costs), but was pretty dead on the friday we went.

there were a few closures of restaurants, but i a lot more are closed at the end of july. The Hermes store was closed for 2 weeks but that might have saved me some $$
Old Jan 2, 2016, 1:23 am
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Just bumping this.

Has anyone stayed at Cheval Blanc? Looking at a three-night stay in April for my birthday. They've got a good three-night package including a couple of dinners, car hire, transfers, etc.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:33 pm

Anybody have tips on rooms for NYs? Going Dec 27-Jan 2 and the only hotel I can find is Le Village (or Christopher 2900 EUR/night with a 10n min)
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some were invitation only similar to some swiss destinations

having reduced inventory in pretty good economy wont help

rates and min stay get super high in huge number of places

edit - very interesting re such a short minimum over holiday

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 31, 2018 at 10:25 am
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:55 am

Looking for help if anybody knows an agent that has pull at the Sereno to help with stubborn min stay over holiday period

Last edited by HumbleBee; Dec 22, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:24 am

Staying now in the Le Sereno Grand Suite Plage.
Room is large & directly above the water with a fully private balcony. The service is quite satisfactory. Black Amber toiletries are impressive.

Overall the Cheval Blanc seems to have more charchater.

The Sereno is definitely better for water sports being on a bay.

Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone have any experience with the Eden Rock Villa program? looks like it includes a lot of stuff that makes a villa more attractive...

FDW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.