Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 1:14 pm
No longer at Internet Brands
Original Poster

Programs: America Advantage
Four Seasons Hualalai - Report

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu

72-100 Ka'upulehu Drive Kailua-Kona, HI US 96740

Four Seasons Hualalai - Report (0 Photo)

Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu

My family and I went to the 4S on the big island in June 2012. We were looking for a beach resort that had nice dinning, diving and kid friendly. Received severalrecommendations from friends and this boardto try the Hualalai so we did and this is my report.

Check In

A van from the hotel met us at the airport. Traveling with a 2 year old can be difficult so it was really nice to have the driver help with the luggage. the reception area was very dramatic open air room with high ceilings and sweeping ocean view. They has some cold fruit juice beverages waiting for us while we checked in. Not a 4S exclusive idea but always fun.

Room was ready when we got their and we were given a property tour via golf cart.

Room

Our 2 room suit was very nice over looking their snorkling lagoon. It felt nice but not over the top which worked for us in a family setting. Luxury hotels can seem a bit much when you have a 2 year old.

Im not a robe guy but they did have them availible, as well as slippers and thongs. We were on the second story so the room was quiet with gourgous views form the deck.

Dining

The restaurants were fantastic. I pretty much hate buffets but their BBQ seafood version was awesome and a lot of fun. Friendly casual environment with an old school Hawaiian feel. I tend to be picky about sushi but it was all very good.

We had lunchat the Beach Tree Bar and Lounge. It is a covered outdoor location looking out at thebeach. Fun drinks and the food was surprisingly good.

Pricing was what Iexpected. There aren't many off property choicenear by so I think you really need to like the food at the resort or it could dampen the trip.

Service

As usual for Four Seasons the service was awesome. I found myself sayingAloha to everyone.Staff always friendly and polite. Attendants at the pool were amazing and we felt comfortable the entire stay.

The only weirdness was on the golf course. Not sure if the 4S operates the course but it was a group who really didn't seem to care. Usually gardeners stop the machines when you hit but not there. Even the club house guys were dismissive. Given every other group was amazing I was a little taken a back by the experience at the golf course.

Pool

After reading more than one poor review of the beach I had my expectations set pretty low. I think for the most part other reviewers have been a little to harsh on this point. Its clearly not the white sand beaches of Maldives but there is a sandy beach with some ok snorkeling. There are umbrellas and beach chairs provided by the property and the service on the beach by the FS staff is phenomenal.

We spent most of our relaxationtime at the pool but I thought the beach was fine.If the onlyfeature someone wasconsideringwhenchoosing a resort is the beach I could understand an argument that they might not like this FS. But our group had no complaints.

Four Seasons Hualalai - Report

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.