The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

baltimore - hotel restaurant is now (jan 1) rooftop restaurant, including breakfast

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 23, 2019 at 8:54 am
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Member

Four Seasons Athens opens in March
Astir Palace Hotel
https://www.fourseasons.com/athens/
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KatW
Astir Palace Hotel
Nice, thanks for sharing!
Regards
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KatW
Astir Palace Hotel
As I said bevore it´s bookable for a while. So far I´m not convinced I should try it on my most propably Greece-trip.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:23 am

I realize that there’s probably no hard and fast rule on this but how far in advance of a property’s opening does Four Seasons typically begin taking reservations? I’m somewhat interested in a stay this summer at One Dalton, the new/second location in Boston that’s supposed to be opening in ‘early 2019’ per the hotel’s website.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 330West
I realize that there’s probably no hard and fast rule on this but how far in advance of a property’s opening does Four Seasons typically begin taking reservations? I’m somewhat interested in a stay this summer at One Dalton, the new/second location in Boston that’s supposed to be opening in ‘early 2019’ per the hotel’s website.
I can guarantee with almost 100% certainly that hotels do not open on time. I would make other plans.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I can guarantee with almost 100% certainly that hotels do not open on time. I would make other plans.
I assumed they were significantly behind schedule from what I saw of the construction progress on one of my last visits to Boston. For the dates that I know of now that I’ll be there I do have reservations at another hotel but if the opportunity came up to try One Dalton on one of those visits or another not-yet-planned visit I’d like to do so.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:14 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by 330West
I assumed they were significantly behind schedule from what I saw of the construction progress on one of my last visits to Boston. For the dates that I know of now that I’ll be there I do have reservations at another hotel but if the opportunity came up to try One Dalton on one of those visits or another not-yet-planned visit I’d like to do so.
It is suppose to be open by Q2. Once they announce a date for reservations, in the case of Four Seasons, that is usually pretty bang on. They would have already built in a few days/weeks of soft openings / dry runs. My issue would be more about what's going on above the hotel in the 160 residences, which are not sold out yet and probably are in various states of completion. But with the Taj and the Langham both dropping out soon for renovations it will make Boston's market that much more cut throat.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

will philadelphia have any corner jr-suite-style rooms?
(2 corner suites below top suite are corner in bedroom)

does not match >
fourseasons.com/philadelphia/accommodations
fourseasons.com/philadelphia/accommodations/suites/cityscape-suite

fourseasons.com/alt/img-opt/~80.930/publish/content/dam/fourseasons/artwork/PHL/guest_rooms/PHL-FP-11-CTYSTE-KG-1.jpg

fourseasons.com/philadelphia/accommodations/room_comparison
4 cityscape suite

36 corners on 9 floors?
15 corner suite, 1 floor has 3, none on 48th
2 corners in presidential
10 minimum to 19 maximum remaining

5th floor ballroom floorplan may give idea re corner suites

anyone heard how many interviews any recent FS opening did?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 23, 2019 at 8:55 am
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fourseasons.com/loscabos/accommodations
63m2 room - better size than entry suite
79m2 > 150m2 suite - include residences personal assistant
oceanfront / sunrise oceanfront ; some plunge pools
residences not listed yet

fourseasons.com/napavalley/accommodations
booking from nov 1, one pool villa
residences not listed yet (one has pool)

bengaluru / bangalore india from may 1

montreal from jun 1

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2019 at 6:39 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:06 pm

Anybody comment on the Four Seasons in Johannesburg.
Looking at it for a few days between flights next year.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by LillianJ
Anybody comment on the Four Seasons in Johannesburg.
Looking at it for a few days between flights next year.
Too many issues and I usually like FS. I would look at the Saxon, which is a much better choice!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I love the FS Florence and FS Hong Kong. Paris a beautiful hotel but Lots of other hotels in Paris some of which I prefer. I recently stayed at the FS Toronto and was very disappointed despite an upgrade to a very large suite. I found the hotel too large with very poor service. Waited in line fir 30 min to check in after a hotel organized car pick up at the airport. Also really did not care for FS Jo’burg - just all around poor service and when you have the Saxon as an alternative no comparison as Saxon terrific. . I have had mixed reactions at FS in general. Many very good, some fair, some not so good so I don’t think it’s as consistent. Or maybe they just have more competition in certain markets so don’t always stand out everywhere. I like FS Seychelles but far prefer North Island - to me no comparison. I really like the FS Mexico City as I love the inner courtyard. Some of their hotels I really like but they are room dependent. Lots of their older hotels still have combo tub/ showers unless you get a largish suite like FS Houston. I am a fan of some, but certainly not of all.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:58 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Larkin
I recently stayed at the FS Toronto and was very disappointed despite an upgrade to a very large suite. I found the hotel too large with very poor service. Waited in line fir 30 min to check in after a hotel organized car pick up at the airport.
Did you complain about this to the property? A luxury hotel really should have someone waiting for you at the door when you arrive via one of their cars
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10

Did you complain about this to the property? A luxury hotel really should have someone waiting for you at the door when you arrive via one of their cars
This doesn't surprise me about FS Toronto. It's almost as if they're allergic to service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.