The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:07 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

A bit of nerdery, but did anyone else notice the revision to the Four Seasons logo? Noticed it first in the app, then also on the website. I do not like the new font.

Yes, I'm a font and logo nerd.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:31 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Kyoto is for sure opening this year, aiming to open in November 15th. They already hired all the executive team.
There is no opening date on the books right now for 2016. At least not according to head office. declinespecificinformation should probably not count on FS being open, but if it is hopefully with a great opening rate!

Last edited by ABG; Feb 12, 2016 at 8:11 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:39 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Thanks! As luck would have it, if it opened on Nov 15 we'd miss it by days. Still a little ambivalent about Kyoto since we have a flight departing NRT at 11:00 AM. That's an early wake-up!
Old Feb 19, 2016, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by hannisen
A bit of nerdery, but did anyone else notice the revision to the Four Seasons logo? Noticed it first in the app, then also on the website. I do not like the new font.

Yes, I'm a font and logo nerd.
I first thought the new logo was simply a rendering error on the website.
The new font looks way more traditional, to avoid the term old. I prefer the previous logo. What is interesting though is the fact that they now sometimes put "Hotels and Resorts" under the actual logo, in a very sleek font (something like Helvetica Neue). Sort of what Bulgari has been trying to do. Would not have seen this approach coming from Four Seasons.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I got op-upped from a basic city view king room to a premier one-bedroom suite at the 4S in Miami. I have no idea why I got this lucky. This room is twice the size, if not more, of my apartment in Manhattan.

Wow!!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by scented
I first thought the new logo was simply a rendering error on the website.
The new font looks way more traditional, to avoid the term old. I prefer the previous logo. What is interesting though is the fact that they now sometimes put "Hotels and Resorts" under the actual logo, in a very sleek font (something like Helvetica Neue). Sort of what Bulgari has been trying to do. Would not have seen this approach coming from Four Seasons.
I like the new serif face used for the logo and for the names of the hotels. Interestingly, they use a sans serif for FIND A HOTEL OR RESORT.

This new design consciousness is down to President, Chris Norton, who is very much the new broom at Four Seasons. He is also using a raft of new interior designers, such as Jean-Michel Gathy.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I like the new serif face used for the logo and for the names of the hotels. Interestingly, they use a sans serif for FIND A HOTEL OR RESORT.

This new design consciousness is down to President, Chris Norton, who is very much the new broom at Four Seasons. He is also using a raft of new interior designers, such as Jean-Michel Gathy.
I've been waiting for FS to team up with Jean-Michel for a long time. I cannot wait for Bangkok to open so we can have a good look.

I still think the logo on the website looks odd. However, since I've seen it on paper and in various other publications now many times, it is growing on me. The main problem is: the website logo is very bad quality and these new generation Retina displays are merciless.

The new approach is definitely lifestyle oriented, but why not? ^
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
New Four Seasons proposed for Minneapolis

A developer has announced plans for a mixed use new high-rise building in downtown Minneapolis, at about Nicollet Avenue and Third Street (in a block that's currently a surface parking lot, near the iconic modern former Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis building) that will include a Four Seasons hotel, private residences, a parking garage, and a top restaurant.

The location looks to me like it will not be connected to the skyway. It would be about two blocks from the light rail line.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Four Seasons is also coming to Cabo.

Lots of movement in the Four Seasons realm lately.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:26 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Four Seasons is trying to secure space in Bhutan. Same loop as Aman and Six Senses (which I saw, and is still under lots of development in most places).
Old Apr 9, 2016, 12:24 am

It seems the decision that Four Seasons will manage the Hotel du Palais in Biarritz has just been confirmed. It's a great news! It would be their 3rd property in France.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A developer has announced plans for a mixed use new high-rise building in downtown Minneapolis, at about Nicollet Avenue and Third Street (in a block that's currently a surface parking lot, near the iconic modern former Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis building) that will include a Four Seasons hotel, private residences, a parking garage, and a top restaurant.
With high-end real estate starting to collapse again in major metro markets around the country, I wonder if this will even get funded, let alone built.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
With high-end real estate starting to collapse again in major metro markets around the country, I wonder if this will even get funded, let alone built.
Minneapolis-St.Paul is pretty stable, and has quite a few Fortune 1000 companies based there.

I'm hoping that FS will find ways to get into the tough Caribbean market.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:04 am

FS will manage hotel du palais in biarritz france. Third hotel in france
Old May 3, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: No program whatsoever
FS Tented Camp online reservation seems to show no availability for months (admittedly I picked a few sample days).
Does anyone know why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.