The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I stayed at Ko’olina just after the soft opening and the gym was still not finished and the spa was limited. We had a terrible experience dining at the higher end venue. We invited some local friends to join us for dinner there and it was embarrassing.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by United747
Just got an email about an FS in Minneapolis - opening this summer.

Definitely news to me - I’ll have to give it a try this summer.
They're saying it will open in June, but I'm not convinced based on when I last drove past the building. It's a new high rise building on the edge of downtown (across from the public library, so that I don't think it will be connected to the skyway), at roughly Nicollet Mall and Washington Avenue. Room rates will start at $525 according to local media. The building will also have Four Seasons condos.

The hotel (and condos) will supposedly have the largest pool in the city. It will be on the top level with at least a bar and fire pit. The plan is to heat it and cover it in winter, but whether this means a retractable glass roof isn't clear to me.

Otherwise, the best hotel in Minneapolis would probably be Hotel Ivy (legacy Starwood LC, now Bonvoy and not quite five star) at the other end of downtown and connected to the convention center and not much else by skyways.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 4, 2022 at 10:41 am Reason: added last paragraph
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:07 am

FS heading to Rome?
Livetotell likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Thanks for sharing..

They've been talking about it for years -- very happy that finally it seems to be coming along! Might be a good alternative to Hotel Eden at some point.
offerendum and luxefarer like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by scented
Thanks for sharing..

They've been talking about it for years -- very happy that finally it seems to be coming along! Might be a good alternative to Hotel Eden at some point.
More details:

Four Seasons Hotels to open in Rome, Italy – CPP-LUXURY

"After Milan and Taormina, Four Seasons Hotels is gearing up for the opening of their third property in Italy in the capital city of Rome. The new hotel which will feature 210 keys will occupy the heritage building formerly the Royal Mint."
offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Definitively good news, Some additions are more than welcome.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Definitively good news, Some additions are more than welcome.
I believe that Rosewood was originally slated for this building.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Jerkstore
FS dynamic pricing is going to give me a heart attack. Planning my honeymoon at FS Hualalai. Found a good rate I can live with for 10 nights. Had to move some credit around so I can put it all on my card. Prices have stayed the same for weeks. I go to book this morning, prices increase 36% (to a point I just can't justify)--and this is true for pretty much every date for the rest of the year. Just leaves me with bad vibes.

Edit - I spoke with them and they honored the rate. Very happy now ha.
same issue yesterday with the FS Cap ferrat. We spoke with them and they refused to honor the few hours old rate. Guess YCMV
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:00 am

FS Cap Ferrat charged my credit card for « an hydra mask from the mini bar » euro 150 after the stay.
this is the reason they gave me when I asked as I found out on my CC statement

I don’t believe I have seen cosmetics for sale in any hotel room. (Including the FS cap ferrat)
is that possible ?

they’re currently checking but they still didn’t come back to me.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CGRA
FS Cap Ferrat charged my credit card for « an hydra mask from the mini bar » euro 150 after the stay.
this is the reason they gave me when I asked as I found out on my CC statement

I don’t believe I have seen cosmetics for sale in any hotel room. (Including the FS cap ferrat)
is that possible ?

they’re currently checking but they still didn’t come back to me.
That seems unlikely to me? I've made seen toothbrushes and shavers for sale but never at an FS. They always give them for free. Must be an erroneous charge
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
That seems unlikely to me? I've made seen toothbrushes and shavers for sale but never at an FS. They always give them for free. Must be an erroneous charge
of course the charge is wrong which is not really the problem : the issue is the ridiculous and stupid reason they provided for this charge. This is the twilight zone.

I asked for a photo of the « hydra mask » out of curiosity and they just advised that they’ll refund and it was a mistake.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

of course the charge is wrong which is not really the problem : the issue is the ridiculous and stupid reason they provided for this charge. This is the twilight zone.

I asked for a photo of the « hydra mask » out of curiosity and they just advised that they’ll refund and it was a mistake.
I would hate to think they do it intentionally. Glad you caught them out and got it removed.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 12, 2022 at 6:39 am
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I would hate to think they do it intentionally. Glad you caught them out and got it removed.
i don't believe it was (as they'd require to have some brain which clearly didn't have this out of this world reply.
I love the chat function of the FS app, would be better if they could always indicate their name which they rarely do

Also in case there is a charge after check out not listed on the check out invoice, is it not normal to provide a new or revised invoice ?
In France it's a legal requirement to provide an invoice over XX euros (can't remember the amount but it's not high)
Regardless of the legal requirement, it's part of a basic service / logics to inform someone that you're charging his credit card (and not me to find out by chance checking my CC statement)
offerendum and Nizar like this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 8:05 am

same issue yesterday with the FS Cap ferrat. We spoke with them and they refused to honor the few hours old rate. Guess YCMV
Edit : I chat with the hotel and they honor the rate but without the FHR benefits but with free breakfast. I badly need the late check out that they can't garantee so I pass (first time it was Amex FHR who called / spoke with them)
Jerkstore likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Edit : I chat with the hotel and they honor the rate but without the FHR benefits but with free breakfast. I badly need the late check out that they can't garantee so I pass (first time it was Amex FHR who called / spoke with them)
Just have a travel advisor add the preferred partner perks and you’re back in business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.