Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

The Ultimate Guide to Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts

Old Jul 9, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
Originally Posted by jashah
Has anyone noticed that the prices at the 4S Maui have gone way up? I had a trip booked in March 2021 that was canceled due to COVID and had booked an ocean view room for about $1300 USD/night with a $50 daily resort credit. I’m looking at March 2022 dates and the same room is $1650 USD/night without any credit.
I may be mistaken but it appears the FS website uses surge pricing that fluctuates depending on how many people are checking prices and or booking. I’ve been checking a few properties and the prices change every time I look.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:08 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ERtraveler
I may be mistaken but it appears the FS website uses surge pricing that fluctuates depending on how many people are checking prices and or booking. I’ve been checking a few properties and the prices change every time I look.
Thats just the floating rate of the day which is indeed dynamic based on forecast occupancy.
ERtraveler likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:08 pm

https://cpp-luxury.com/four-seasons-...public-spaces/

FS Milan seems to have partially completed its renovations... I am a bit surprised by the CPP Luxury article (unusually critical). I thought they would now commence on the rooms product. We shall see if that's still the case or not. I would think so!

While I can see the commitment of various ("celebrity"?) designers, I am keen on seeing the renovations myself. The pictures hopefully don't do justice.

A friend of mine dined recently at the newly-branded Zelo restaurant and was enamoured of the cuisine but found the new staff uniforms to be awful, as well as the lighting at Zelo.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
List of properties in the pipeline?

Hello, I’ve found a few articles which mention 47 new Four Seasons hotels in the pipeline, but they don’t have a list of those projects.

Does anyone know of a list?

Are Vienna, Rome, or Venice on the radar?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
Hello, I’ve found a few articles which mention 47 new Four Seasons hotels in the pipeline, but they don’t have a list of those projects.

Does anyone know of a list?

Are Vienna, Rome, or Venice on the radar?
Yes, it seems many projects are under wraps for now. Not all discussions lead to fruitful openings and I suspect some may be cancelled.

Take Bodrum for example, which is far progressed in construction but not officially listed anywhere, although it’s Astay/Tay Group - same owner as both Istanbul properties.

There has been a discussion about FS Rome for almost a decade now. I’m not sure if this will happen.

What will happen with almost certainty:

Bodrum
Okinawa
Mallorca
Osaka
Puglia
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Jacksonville, FL (pending authority approvals)
Old Jul 13, 2021, 2:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Thank you!

Puglia looks particularly special.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 6:34 am
Community Director Emerita

Puglia looks particularly special.
https://travelsort.com/four-seasons-puglia-italy/

It is being built in Ostuni.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 12:51 pm

Just like many have suggested... https://nypost.com/2021/07/15/four-s...-babies-owner/
WasKnown likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 7:24 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scented
Not sure if this is public info:

The FS Midtown (and Santa Barbara) won't be open until spring 2022. They claim they will be undergoing renovations (despite having done renovations costing 9 digits a few years ago).

I smell a deflag.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Not sure if this is public info:

The FS Midtown (and Santa Barbara) won't be open until spring 2022. They claim they will be undergoing renovations (despite having done renovations costing 9 digits a few years ago).

I smell a deflag.
So sad, but it has been clear for several years that the owner was not willing to invest in his properties to keep them competitive. The primary reason people stayed here was the Four Seasons service.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:40 am

So sad, but it has been clear for several years that the owner was not willing to invest in his properties to keep them competitive. The primary reason people stayed here was the Four Seasons service.
Indeed... several years ago I posted here that I was worried about owners like Ty Warner, who likes to spend millions on a penthouse but cares little about the guest experience... otherwise FS NY would have an option to have dinner in the hotel, which after the closure of Robuchon was no longer the case. It is always difficult to have an owner this involved.

Allegedly, the Biltmore contract expires mid 2022 and it seems absolutely clear now that Warner wants out. Plenty of options for other management groups. It's a pity though as the service was so caring and most employees had been working for ages there.

We shall see if FS finds common ground regarding FS NY... I hope so. I can't think of better management for this property and I don't know which group Warner has in mind to take over, most brands already have a NYC presence. New York is no doubt a difficult market to run a hotel and a restaurant within a hotel (unions...), so I wonder how Aman will do..
Old Aug 25, 2021, 7:05 am

FS Nam Hai is now officially closed until mid January 2022... awful for the team and everyone in Vietnam for that matter. Owners (HPL + Albwardy) are exceptionally supportive though.

My only hope is that vaccinations help lowering cases and Vietnam can reopen next year. Fingers crossed...
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:40 am
Community Director Emerita

FS Nam Hai is now officially closed until mid January 2022... awful for the team and everyone in Vietnam for that matter. Owners (HPL + Albwardy) are exceptionally supportive though.

My only hope is that vaccinations help lowering cases and Vietnam can reopen next year. Fingers crossed...
Sad. I know that Azerai Can Tho is closed though I think they hope to reopen to Vietnamese soon. I wonder what the story is at Amanoi.
scented likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Sad. I know that Azerai Can Tho is closed though I think they hope to reopen to Vietnamese soon. I wonder what the story is at Amanoi.
I have just emailed Joy, so will update here once I hear back.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
There vaccination quote is quite low. 16,69% first and 2,18% complete. So my hope is not too big.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.