surfside, alexandria, sharm, HK - residences
LA, NY
geneva, budapest
casablanca, damascus, riyadh
regent singapore, sydney, tianjin

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 11, 2017 at 11:30 am
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
I'm interesting in what you all might think is the better "value" package from the FS Serengeti and FS Seychelles. On the one hand, we could book the Essential Serengeti package, and have airport transfers, and more importantly, two half-day game drives included in the rate.

On the other hand, we had been planning on booking the "Safari Unplugged" package which has a 300 Euro credit and daily breakfast for two in the Seychelles. Without knowing the exact prices, I'm guessing that the value of the first package is better, but I'd be interested in your thoughts. Thanks!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how much per night for game drives? vs separately?

are you not interested in other safari properties?

FS seychelles has been very well regarded here
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:10 pm

I can't find any information about the cost of individual game drives. I was hoping someone on the board might know. I'm guessing at hotel transfers of $100 pp and game drives at $150 pp, but I could be dead wrong. That would be $750 vs the 300 EUR credit plus a guess at breakfast at the Seychelles of 35 pp, for a total of $580. I'm hoping that someone with actual experience can correct those numbers.

Am I interested in other safari properties? Sure if you can find me another one that combines a luxury experience with a safe family one. I have a 10-year old with me, and the FS Serengeti offers a pool, a kids club and the security of pretty much knowing what we will get by staying there. But I'm open to other suggestions.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:00 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by askias
I can't find any information about the cost of individual game drives. I was hoping someone on the board might know. I'm guessing at hotel transfers of $100 pp and game drives at $150 pp, but I could be dead wrong. That would be $750 vs the 300 EUR credit plus a guess at breakfast at the Seychelles of 35 pp, for a total of $580. I'm hoping that someone with actual experience can correct those numbers.

Am I interested in other safari properties? Sure if you can find me another one that combines a luxury experience with a safe family one. I have a 10-year old with me, and the FS Serengeti offers a pool, a kids club and the security of pretty much knowing what we will get by staying there. But I'm open to other suggestions.
For our family safari next summer (with 6 year old), we were recommend Tswalu and Morukuru by this forum. Both in South Africa. No need for antimalarials and no tsetse flies. Private drives and you set your own schedule. We can't wait!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 5:36 am

Both of those places look amazing Ericka. I can't wait to read your trip report! For us, we are going from the safari to the Seychelles (thank you for your trip report), and then on to Dubai.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:51 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
I'm interesting in what you all might think is the better "value" package from the FS Serengeti and FS Seychelles. On the one hand, we could book the Essential Serengeti package, and have airport transfers, and more importantly, two half-day game drives included in the rate.

On the other hand, we had been planning on booking the "Safari Unplugged" package which has a 300 Euro credit and daily breakfast for two in the Seychelles. Without knowing the exact prices, I'm guessing that the value of the first package is better, but I'd be interested in your thoughts. Thanks!
You guys going to the new FS Seychelles Desroches Island or the older one?
Also, if you're booking via a FSPP you'd get daily breakfast for two and some hotel credits already. My clients no longer consider any packages that has breakfasts or a modest credit of much value as they already get breakfasts for two or (sometimes 3) + the typical $100 credit as standard. I'd imagine other TAs have the same feedback from their clients.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:09 am
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

I think that there are probably 20-30 better choices in the Mara/Serengeti area that offer this combo, save a kids club. We did our first trip to Seychelles/Mara by starting it with Qasr al Sarab before heading to Fregate with Tassia and the Serian Lodges, and our son was barely five at the time. There were no kids clubs per se, but we had a great time together and the staff there were superb.

If I'm lucky enough to do it again, I'd look at Kichaka Ruaha + Serian Tanzania.

Regardless of where you end up, you'll have a great time.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:13 am
DSI

Originally Posted by Ericka
For our family safari next summer (with 6 year old), we were recommend Tswalu and Morukuru by this forum. Both in South Africa. No need for antimalarials and no tsetse flies. Private drives and you set your own schedule. We can't wait!
FWIW, we saw zero mosquitos or flies this July in Sabi Sands.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:18 am

Thanks all, especially Besvisor for the tip about booking via FSPP. All meals are included in the Serengeti, but that will be very helpful in the Seychelles. We looked at the new Desroches Island, but with this being our first time to the Seychelles, we wanted the option to explore the island in full. Plus my daughter wants to do the kids spa, and I'm not sure that will be an option on the island.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:51 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Btw, Singita Explore in Tanzania is child friendly (private camp, private game drives, etc.)
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:09 pm

Thanks Ericka. As I've looked at some of these other suggestions, I've noted that there is a distinction between many of the tented camps and the Four Seasons. FS has really dropped a hotel in the park, complete with kids club, pool and all of the usual amenities that you would find at a Four Seasons. The other options that I've looked at, while very nice, are really offering a different kind of experience.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

morukuru and top singita/etc are not tented
singita charges a lot for it, child is 3rd adult >
4500 > 6135 sasakwa (+ 875 / 950 private vehicle)
5126 / 5802 south africa (+ 985 / 1089 private vehicle)
although there are some free night etc offers

if doing FS, hiring 3rd party guides probably recommended

DSI, did you see any safaris with great hard product?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 20, 2017 at 12:29 pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:25 pm
DSI

Kids clubs at four seasons aren’t good, nor is the service for the kids. Kids “clubs” are better in the luxury places we’ve been on safari... just saying. And most places have pools.

Also, why the Serengeti? If it’s to save a few $ on a combo or thinking that you’ll get a more seamless expierence, you may be in for an unfortunate surprise.

My guess is that the fs Serengeti would be the best option for anyone with mobility issues or particular medical issues, and in those cases the large facility may have some benefit, but otherwise I cant see the benefit
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:38 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
It's good to know, as Four Seasons expands further:

Four Seasons to open new hotel in Dalian, China

Luneng Group, one of the major real estate developers in China, and Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, the world’s leading luxury hospitality company, today jointly announced plans to open a luxury Four Seasons hotel in Dalian, located in the Liaodong Peninsula in northeastern China.

Situated within the Donggang (East Harbour), Four Seasons Hotel Dalian will open in the redeveloped financial and commercial hub of the city. A growing and diverse urban centre, Dalian is home to leading industry, port activities and commerce, and is a popular destination for domestic and foreign travellers. Dalian is known for its cosmopolitan culture, showcasing traditional and modern architecture with global influences reflecting its long history as an important seaport.

The new mixed-use tower in the Donggang will feature office space along with the Hotel, and is ideally located to offer views of both the historic port and downtown core. Business and leisure travellers alike will have easy access to industrial and commercial centres; restaurants, bars and shopping; as well as other popular tourist destinations, including swimmable beaches and theme parks.
Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/four-seaso...-dalian-china/

Cheers & Safe Travels. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.