Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ivy, Baltimore

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:39 pm

Has anyone stayed at The Ivy recently?

We are passing thru Baltimore next month and I thought about staying there.

The rates are high for the location but the inclusions are appealing and we would likely spend most of our time relaxing at the hotel.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 3:31 pm

Was there in April of 2022. The stay was very nice. Lots of extra's with the room and a great restaurant downstairs. The Mount Vernon neighborhood is walkable and safe. Book your spa appointments ahead of time. Breakfast is amazing and many choices. If you have nice weather the terrace adds a lot to your enjoyment. The staff are very pleasant and housekeeping does a great job.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:44 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

The Ivy

The Ivy

1 Review | 100% Recommended

The Ivy

Baltimore, MD 21202

The Ivy (26 Photos)

The Ivy

Planning

I think I started this thread what 7 years ago? I’ve stayed at the Four Seasons multiple times for quick staycations but every time we thought about the Ivy, we just couldn’t get past that it really was in quite the uninteresting neighborhood (not that it’s not interesting, it’s just now where we wanted to be). However, bolstered with a recent favorable review from a friend of ours and a sudden overnight baby sitter we decided to go and thus booked on Tuesday night for a Saturday arrival. At the time of booking there were a total of 2 suites and 1 room available (out of 15) and after weighing it carefully and considering the kitchen renovation that I had just finished, decided to book the room. Interestingly enough, the hotel website had it at $750, but on FHR it was only $690. So FHR got our booking… as breakfast is already including, the perks included $100 spa credit, upgrade if available, and late checkout…. After booking, I did reach out and ask for a room service menu which was promptly sent; however my followup question about ordering from their restaurant for dinner went unanswered… 

Arrival

It’s a quick scoot from our house to the Ivy. And it’s literally walking distance to where I work… we were met by a door man who took our bags and our car and then brought us upstairs to the main public spaces. James, maybe the concierge, poured us a glass of champagne and then took us on a tour of the first floor. After the tour it was quick checkin where the FHR benefits were thoroughly explained- including the late check out (I was wondering how they handled this given the small property size). Also they noted that in lieu of using the spa credit (which was only available for treatments), we could have afternoon tea on the day of departure. 

IMG_3476.jpeg

Room

Much to my surprise, we entered our room to discover it was a 2 room suite. Later, the manager said she forgot to mention that we were upgraded but it was most definitely a pleasant surprise as I had checked before arrival and they were sold out. The room was very comfortable with all the amenities you would expect… Bathroom with a very deep soaking tub. Bed was super comfy. The only negative (and what had turned me off when booking) was that the fireplaces were merely decorative. Some in the house are gas powered but this rooms was not. Nonetheless, the upgrade was quite nice . In the room waiting for us was a bottle of wine and a welcome amenity. Of note, the minibar was complementary and the bathroom had a cornucopia of offerings if you forgot anything

1_IMG_3419.jpeg

IMG_3411.jpegIMG_3413.jpegIMG_3414.jpegIMG_3416.jpegIMG_3418.jpegIMG_3448.jpegIMG_3449.jpegIMG_3469.jpeg

Public Spaces

Being a renovated mansion house, the spaces were quite interesting. Billards room, game room, sitting room. Some of it interestingly decorated… Overall, the public spaces got lots of use by guests as everyone was encouraged to enjoy the house. Of note when I say public I mean for hotel guests as the actual public cannot walk in off the street… I heard that there was a fitness room somewhere but that didn’t interest me much. There is also a small spa but we didn’t use any treatments either

IMG_3422.jpegIMG_3437.jpegIMG_3442.jpegIMG_3447.jpegIMG_3459.jpegIMG_3471.jpeg

Dining

Room rates include afternoon tea and breakfast. Afternoon tea was a delight, though we had it too close to an enthusiastic fire. We were able to order from the in house restaurant, Magdalena for dinner, which was tasty.. though the Elk osso buco honestly was not my taste. Breakfast in the morning ticked all the boxes. My eggs benedict was cooked perfectly.. However, the real star is the beverage… which is inclusive of the room rate. The mansion bar had a well curated offering of alcohols which you’re encouraged to create your own libation. In addition, there was always a bottle of champagne available

IMG_3430.jpegIMG_3439.jpegIMG_3438.jpegIMG_3440.jpegIMG_3454.jpegIMG_3455.jpegIMG_3456.jpegIMG_3457.jpegIMG_3460.jpegIMG_3465.jpegRoom r

Amenities

In addition to the mansion bar, the hotel is designed as an inclusive experience. No tipping, no charge for valet, in the directory they even mention that laundry and pressing is included. Furthermore, two movies are included if you chose. The value is tremendous: afternoon tea, breakfast, parking, minibar, mansion bar, etc etc….

Service

It was good; very very good. Best service I’ve seen in the USA, and better than many Amans. Incredibly gracious as well. After tea had ended, we asked if they had any scones left. Unfortunately they did not but the server promised that he would arrange for us to have some in the morning with breakfast. Low and behold, they did indeed appear at breakfast for us. MAybe I have low expectations but for someone to promise something and follow through like that really impressed me (note he was not working the next morning). Everyone we interacted with took pride in their job, and pride in the hotel. They clearly did an excellent job in training their staff

Overall

Extremely pleased with the hotel experience. The perfect one night staycation and we will without a doubt return. Truly a gem of a hotel…

The Ivy

Would you like to write a review on the The Ivy?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 20, 2023, 5:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Wow, looks like a great stay. That bar is especially well-stocked for a complimentary offering.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Real cheese with the welcome wine amenity is pretty nice too.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
We used our FHR credit to stay at the Ivy last March. Very, very pleased-and our fireplace worked!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.