Reload this Page >

Trip report India: Amanbagh, Aman i Khas and Rambagh Palace

Old Mar 25, 15, 4:02 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Amanbagh

Stayed 6 nights in a pool villa. Full board including house wine and sprits, laundry, some activities and transportation included.

Pre arrival
2,5 months before our planned arrival, the team at Amanbagh went on strike. I was extensively in tough with the GM during this time, and was extremely happy with his efforts to keep me updated about progress as much as possible and to assist me in making an alternative plan, including bookings in other hotels, for the case that the strike would not have ended before our holidays. Luckily, I got a happy email around two weeks before arrival informing me that the strike was over meaning we could continue planning our stay the way we had wanted. All activities, special meals, spa treatments and other requests were confirmed before arrival, still leaving last minute changes possible as they are very flexible with regards to everything.

Arrival
We arrived with the Etihad flight direct from Abu Dhabi to Jaipur in the middle of the night. The Amanbagh driver was waiting for us with a comfortable car full of pillows and blankets plus drinks and snacks to ensure that we would be able to enjoy some more rest on the way to the resort. The wonderful GM Harish and other members of the team were ready to greet us when we got to Amanbagh. The beautiful welcome ceremony made us feel very welcome and in our pool villa they had put fresh juices and pastries for us to enjoy before we jumped into the comfortable beds to get some more sleep. Paperwork was taken care of in the villa almost without us noticing it – all done to ensure that we would have a smooth arrival.

Accommodation
We were in pool villa 22 which was a corner villa with a huge garden, I think the largest of all gardens was the one around our villa. Very quiet and private, the only visitors we had there were groups of friendly monkeys who passed by now and then plus a number of beautiful birds. The villa is very comfortable and no matter how many pictures I had studied before arrival, the size and beauty of it impressed us. It was heated, included floor heating, to a very comfortable temperature during the relatively cold nights and cooled down with good air condition during the heat of the day. Bathroom was beautiful and very large with separate rooms for two wardrobes, shower and toilet plus two wash basins and a large marble bath tub in the middle. Lots of storage space. Great pressure in the shower, but the bath tub took some time to fill, mainly because of its size. Very comfortable bed – we had requested a mattress topper. The day bed had been converted into a bed for our son. Exits to pool and private garden from hall, living/bedroom and bathroom. Heated private pool and comfortable loungers and Japanese dining table outside.
Wifi complimentary and available in villa and everywhere at the resort was not stable all the time, but good enough for us.

Service
Service was the warmest, friendliest and most personal we have ever experienced at an Amanresort (and we have been to 17). We really got to know the team, including the GM, our waiter, our guide and driver, the chef and all the other wonderful people working there. Since we were also visiting during Holi, we got the chance to celebrate and play with them as well, meaning we really got to know them and felt sad to leave. They prepared so many little wonderful surprises for us (will not tell, rather let it be surprises for you as well if you go), they just knew what we wanted (hot water bottles in the beds after a cold evening, masala tea during excursions and so many other little touches that made us feel taken care of all the time). Great housekeeping as well, always making sure our villa was made up or turned down when we were out or having meals plus freshened up if we would leave it in between these two main housekeeping visits. – leaving everything clean and fresh for us to return. Nice little surprises like a flower bath with lots of candles and turn down gift for all three of us every night. Turn down gifts were, however, rather quantity instead of quality at Amanbagh, more souvenir like small things, but still nice memories to take home. Excellent laundry as well, delivered back several times a day. We came home with suitcases full of clean clothes instead of the normal pile of dirty laundry.

Food
We loved the food at Amanbagh and the menu was so varied that we did not get through it even after 6 days! My husband really enjoys very spicy food and they managed to prepare dishes that made him sweat or almost cry (out of happiness and satisfaction, I mean). Equally they were able to adjust spice levels for our son when he ate Indian food or to prepare his favourites from home when he felt like something more familiar. We loved their naan and other breads, the fresh vegetables from their organic garden, the special dessert they prepared for Holi (still dreaming of that dessert – the best ever), the donuts with vanilla sauce for breakfast etc. etc. The wonderful chef would always come around at dinner time to check if there was something special we would like him to prepare and also showed us lots of tricks on how to prepare Indian food at home during our cooking class (see below), let our son visit the kitchen and just chatted with us. I must also mention that we really enjoyed one of the Indian white wines included in the full board package – I was sceptical at first but it was really tasty with the spicy Indian food.

Pool and spa
Pool is just beautiful, but we actually only used our own private pool since this is just so nice and private. I enjoyed one massage at the spa which was good, but not like the best ever. I also received very good service at the spa after HOLI when parts of my hair was still coloured pink (colour faded away eventually, but it took a bit longer than I expected – at first I was shocked about this, but afterwards I just laughed about it and it was definitely worthwhile for the Holi experience).

Activities
In addition to enjoying just doing nothing at the resorts, the activities were a big highlight.

We did:

- Cow dust tour: Driving around to see surroundings and village life in an open jeep. All the time being greeted by local children and people working with animals or at the fields. Beautiful nature, a fort, several temples and a surprise visit to the home of our Amanbagh waiter where we met his family, got to see his house and were served masala tea. A must.

- Neelkanth temple town. Driving around 45 minutes to get there, including a steep and bumpy road at the end to get up to the mountain plateau where the temple town is located. Rewarded with a great view of the surroundings and thereafter seeing the ruins of all the temples. On the way back a stop at a lake with lots of birdlife. Go if you stay for a longer time, otherwise Bhangarh is more recommended.

- The ghost city of Bhangarh: A short drive from Amanbagh. Very impressive ruins visited mostly only by locals and inhabited by lots of monkeys. Picnic breakfast in a stunning location (no monkeys there). Must do!

- Trek so Somsagar lake: Early morning walk from Amanbagh along a lake and up in the mountains through a gorge. Beautiful lake with lots of bird life. Very peaceful and quiet. Also beautiful picnic breakfast location.

- HOLI: If you ever have a chance to visit Amanbagh during HOLI – just do it. A wonderful and fun celebration, starting evening before with Holika Dahan including a ceremony with burning of a fire and then on the day of HOLI, playing with the colours together with the other guests and the Amanbagh team while being served street-food and local, Indian cocktails. So much fun, such a great experience. A life-time memory.

- Camel ride: Only our son did this while we relaxed at the resort. They took him on a 45 minutes ride which was very memorable.

- Cooking class in a traditional Guwaadi (hut): We have been chopping and cooking ourselves at several Amanresorts in the past. This class was more of a cooking demonstration with less work done by us. We were met at the reception by the Amanbagh chef, who showed us everything starting with the Amanbagh organic gardens, then looking at, smelling and tasting some of the many spices whereafter the chef showed us the preparations of several dishes, including telling us about lots of possible variations for at home. After the cooking the delicious food was served to us in the Guwaadi. Very tasty – very special.

- Special dinner in off site chhatri: A beautifully decorated chhatri, not far from Amabagh. A waiter, two cooks and a traditional flute player. Delicious food with recipies that were previously only served to the maharajas. A memorable outside dinner. Quite windy this evening so the candles decorating the chhatri were not burning all the time, but very very special.

Overall:
For us one of the best Aman experiences we have ever had. New friends and memories for life in a part of India where very few tourists are coming - making it possible to experience local rural life while enjoying the beautiful Amanbagh garden oasis.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 26, 15 at 2:51 am
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:03 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Aman-i-Khas

Stayed 3 nights. Full board including house wine and sprits, laundry, some activities and transportation included.

Pre arrival
All pre arrival communication was answered very quickly and the GM or hotel manager took very good care of arranging everything according to our wishes. Again everything was very flexible and they really made us feel that our stay would be just as we were hoping for.

Arrival
We arrived early afternoon after a smooth 3 hours drive from Amanbagh. Upon arrival we were served delicious cold drinks, brought cold towels and the executive assistant manager Amit, our batman (butler) and several other members of staff were there to welcome us. The GM came along to say hello before leaving the resort for the rest of our stay which we appreciated. No problem at all that he was not there during the stay as the rest of the team really worked very well together to ensure a smooth stay for us.

Accommodation
The tents are just huge and very beautiful. Not really possible to capture the inside of the tents on a picture, has to be experienced. There are loungers and a sitting area outside the tent. Inside there is again a sitting area and a dining area just inside and then onwards to the main area with a daybed in the middle and semi separate areas for wash basins and wardrobe, bedroom and the beautiful sunken bath tub/shower/toilet areas, all separated by canvas and all as comfortable as any luxury hotel rooms. No insects (or lizards ;-) ) inside the tent. Temperature was regulated very well by the housekeeping team, heating at night and cooling during the day. The bed was very comfortable, our son’s bed was made up on top of the day bed during turn down service every day and removed next morning every day so that we could use the daybed as well. No phone in the tent, but instead a little button to call the batman when needed. Great for the morning coffee – we just agreed with him that pressing the button in the morning meant that he should bring coffee directly.
THIS was my kind of camping!!

Very good complimentary Wifi available in tent and everywhere at the resort .

Service
Everything was taken care of and coordinated by our private batman which made service very smooth and personal. The batman served all meal, joined us at excursions (except safaris), assisted with all little things that we need during the stay and came around regularly to the tent or the pool or wherever we were to check if there was something we would like. He also surprised us a number of times, having understood (before we did) what we might want or need, or by suddenly showing up without us knowing it having brought us something to eat or drink or prepared a surprise for us.
In addition to being in close contact with the batman all the times, the hotel manager would come around to chat with us several times each day. Also the chef would be there to discuss menu and always be prepared to make something special for us.
Housekeeping was in our tent every time we left it to make sure everything was fine at all times. Nothing at all to complain about. Again laundry was brilliant and included.

Food
The food was again very very good, but slightly less fantastic as at Amanbagh. Breakfast is ala carte with a wide selection, including excellent croissants (better than Amanbagh), pancakes and French toast with cream and syrup to die for, all kinds of egg dishes and Indian food. Excellent. If we would go for an early safari, we would be served coffee, juices and a light bite in the tent before going and then a full breakfast once back again. There is a menu (different every day) for lunch and dinner where we could choose between international or Indian food – or mix whichever way we wanted. One night we were surprised with a special dinner in the forest with traditional cooking and naan bread making over an open fire. Very special. Normal days food could be had in the dining tent or outside.
Every day before dinner we would meet around the fireplace to have pre dinner drinks and some little appetizers while listening to the live music and maybe chat with hotel staff or other guests about tiger sightings or others. Very nice.

Pool and spa
The pool is a traditional step well and it is not heated. During our stay it was still quite cold at night, meaning the pool was too cold to be used except in the middle of the day. Instead we just enjoyed lounging there, having our lunches or drinks, reading and just relaxing while the peacocks wandered around in the forest behind us.
The massage I had in the spa tent was divine. For the first time in my life I actually thought that the massage had lasted 90 minutes instead of the 60 minutes that I had booked. Wish I had gone back for another…

Activities
We were in Ranthambore 14 years ago and did not see tigers back then, so for sure this was our biggest dream. And it came through!! We had booked two private safaris (one morning, one afternoon) and the Aman-i-Khas team had made sure to fix that one of the best rangers in the park was assigned to us. He delivered already during the first game drive. As we really wanted to see a tiger, he spent less time showing us and talking about other animals and nature in the park, just made sure we were driving around quickly searching for the tigers. It was freezing cold, and I almost felt like asking him to stop so that we could just enjoy the beautiful park, but then – suddenly – the tiger was there and I forgot all about being cold. A beautiful male tiger that was first asleep 25 meters from the jeep but then woke up and we followed him and saw him again three other places, once only 5 meters from the jeep. Breathtaking and something I will never forget. Lots of pictures taken, videos and almost a tiger selfie (just kidding). Just great. The rest of the safari that morning and the afternoon safari next day, were spent in a more quiet way, being able to just enjoy the rest of the wildlife, birds and nature in the park, knowing that our dream had already come true. And – as a bonus – we even spotted three or four other tigers far away on our 2nd safari. Who can ask for more?

In addition to the two safaris, we went to see the old city and a village near Aman-i-Khas and visited the impressive Ranthambore fort. Indian village and city life is amazing, colours, people, animals in the streets, local shops and temples side by side. Our batman had noticed that my husband tried smoking one of the local cigarettes and took us the the factory to see how they were being made. He also showed us local street life and was able to explain everything to us. Very memorable! We also visited a local school for handicapped children which Aman-i-Khas is supporting in order to teach our son a bit more about real life outside Europe and to give something back to the local community. Very very sad to see, but still glad we did that.
The Ranthambore local fort is, as said, very impressive. It is actually Indias 2nd largest fort, but still not visited by many western tourists. The fort walls, several beautiful and very holy temples, living quarters of the people back then and the fantastic view of the national park. We really enjoyed the visit, especially since our guide was a great and knowledgeable gentleman being able to capture us with the stories of the past and present life there but also since our batmat surprised us with drinks and snacks at a perfect viewpoint inside the fort after our sightseeing. Highly recommended.

All in all
Another great Aman stay with extraordinary accommodation and flawless service and a number of extiting opportunities to see wildlife or experience memorable activities.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 26, 15 at 8:22 am
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:03 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Rambagh Palace, Jaipur

Stayed 4 nights in a historical suite. Breakfast included.

Pre arrival
I booked the stay directly. It was not possible for them to guarantee a specific room number for me, but everything had been done according to our wishes upon arrival. Quick and helpful answers and recommendations from reservation team and concierge to all my questions.

Arrival
We arrived early afternoon after a smooth 3 hours drive from Aman-i-Khas. Upon arrival we were greeted with flower petals and a cute little ceremony outside the hotel. We were photographed and received the picture when we departed. Inside the impressive reception we were met by a number of senior staff members and received a pink drink and cold towels while the check in paperwork was quickly taken care of. A member of staff showed us the different parts of the enormous palace before taking us to our suite. We had asked for the historical suite number 305 but asked during check in to see one of the alternative suites as well since they are all very different. When seeing no 305, we were very happy immediately as it was beautiful (especially the bed) and very large and had more or less decided to take it anyway. However, we went with them to see the alternative (no 322 if I remember correctly). This suite turned out to be even better (see below), so we decided to take this one. A complimentary bottle of wine was there for us and the Rambagh Palace team put a Sony Playstation in the room for our son as well. Not a lot left to dream of with other words.

Accommodation
At first we thought that we had been upgraded to a larger suite than what we had booked, but I actually think this was not the case. The historical suites are just so large and beautiful that there is no need for a better suite in my view – except if you need separate bedroom and living room. Our suite had a combined living/bedroom. There were two queen beds instead of one king as we would have preferred, in addition to a sitting area with sofa and chairs in front of a fireplace and TV. Behind a curtain there was a huge daybed from which one could look out through beautiful windows to the garden. There was also a small balcony with two chairs and a table plus a fantastic bathroom over two floors (!) including a huge whirlpool in the 2nd floor reached by marble steps with two sinks, separate toilet room and shower room downstairs. A dream bathroom with other words

Very good complimentary Wifi available in suite and everywhere at the resort .

Service
We were taken really well care of during this stay and somehow I got the impression that they considered us to be VIPs based on how they treated us. Maybe Musken is getting famous and they want to ensure that she becomes a Taj-junkie for the future ;-). There were always someone from senior management checking on us after excursions and during meals, we were invited to a GM cocktail reception one evening, got special surprises in room at different moments, got the special hotel taxi for sightseeing and shopping instead of taking a normal taxi (meaning English speaking driver who could act as a guide) etc.
Housekeeping was Aman-like, always immediately there when we left the suite all taken care of by a very sweet man who were just so extremely happy when we tipped him one day. He had found a tip on the bed (3 or 4 euros I think), but – I guess – their policy was that no money was to be taken from the rooms. He therefore waited several hours for us to return to the suite, introduced himself and told us politely that he had found some money at the bed. When my husband said it was for him, he gave us a huge smile and thanked us a lot. This was definitely not normal for him, I think.
Concierge was very helpful during all of our stay as well, always asking us how we had enjoyed excursions and making sure we had everything planned for the next day.
Good service in restaurants as well, though sometimes a bit too formal and at one stage we were told that there was a minimum charge to sit down and have a drink at a terrace, as an employee was thinking we were not hotel guests. However, once the misunderstanding was cleared, the amount of excuses was almost embarrassing.
All in all extremely good service for such a large city hotel. Still – obviously – given the hotel size, the personal Aman service is not possible. Compared, however, to a FS, MO or similar in a city, we were more than happy and will definitely want to stay at at Taj hotel again.

Food
There are four dining venues at the Rambagh Palace. A formal fine dining Indian restaurant, the Rajput room where breakfast was served and where a multi cusine menu was offered for lunch and dinner, an Italian restaurant called Steam and the outside terrace/lawn for tea or drinks/dinner in addition to the Polo bar plus light snacks and the pool and in room dining. No need to leave the hotel with other words. We tried the first three and found the food to be very good, though I must admit that we were getting a bit tired of eating by the time we were there after all the great food we had already enjoyed. The fine dining restaurant is really beautiful and the service quite formal. We did some mistakes when ordering, far too much meat, which they maybe should have made us aware of by the time we ordered, but they suggested to leave out a dish or two later during the meal when we realised the mistake ourselves. Very tasty food all served at “gold” plates etc. The bottle of wine that we were not able to finish was kept for us to be enjoyed another evening. The Rajput restaurant had very good breakfasts (partly buffet, party ala carte) and for lunch/dinner Indian food as well as International, Chinese and Thai food were served. We ordered lunch for there in room a couple of times and enjoyed our last dinner there – all really good. Also the pizzas at Steam were definitely tasty, much better than I would normally expect to get outside Italy and great with some Italian food for a change after all the Indian. Room service very quick and always delicious and an enormous choice. We enjoyed a couple of drinks from the Polo bar but were not allowed to sit there with our son. OK that’s the government rules. Instead we sat at the terrace which was nice as well with live music and traditional dances every evening.

Pool and spa
The Rambagh Palace is huge and the pool is a little walk from the main building. I would have preferred the two to be closer together so that one could enjoy the view of the palace from the pool, but this was not the case. Instead the pool had the view of the spa building, where another huge indoor pool plus a well equipped gym was located as well. Around the pool were comfortable loungers and we were served refreshing drinks by the very friendly pool personnel who were also getting water toys for our son to play with and would take orders for food, help moving umbrellas if we needed more shadow etc. Did not try the spa here.

Activities
The first day we went with the hotel taxi and very friendly driver to see the Palace of the winds, some other central sights and to visit the local bazaars. As we had been to Jaipur before, we did not do a proper sightseeing here, so having a local, English speaking driver was more than appropriate. The driver took us to have tea and a light bite within the bazaars – a great experience and no belly problems afterwards ;-). It was amazing to see how the city had changed from 14 years ago when we last visited, but the old town was still very exotic, though more tourists there now obviously meaning more souvenir shops etc.

On our 2nd day the same driver plus a guide that Harish from Amanbagh had helped us book took us to see Amber fort. We had been there before as well, but we wanted our son to see the fort and of course to let him enjoy the elephant ride up there. Quite a wait for the elephants but worth it. Our guide managed very well to show us only the highlights and he was a great photographer meaning lots of nice and creative pics to take home. After seeing the fort, he took us to visit the home of some elephants which was great for our son.

Last day we went shopping with the hotel taxi again, this time to some of the better shops to avoid the haggling and rather shop almost like home – but with a complete different selection, of course, and prices 10 times lower than home for beautiful beach wear, tunics etc. I also liked the small shops at the Rambagh Palace with friendly shopkeepers, a nice selection and good prices, at least for us.

Departure
Rambagh Palace took care of organising a car for our departure, again in the middle of the night. We had to leave the hotel at 2 am for our 4:45 am flight. Tried to ask for a late check out of a half day rate for this last day, but this was not possible, which is understandable given the hours, so we paid for the last night as well to make sure we could enjoy the full last day. The airport is very close by, but can be very chaotic also in the middle of the night which was the reason why we left the hotel so early. They woke us up with coffee and a beautiful goodbye gift, picked up the suitcases and left. We had been told that there was a lounge at the airport, but I would not really call it a lounge. It was a cafeteria like open area outside security line where we could get coffee and tea and a limited selection of non-familiar soft drinks. No internet or anything else that I would think about when hearing the word lounge. Just so that you know. We ended up leaving it after 10 minutes, rather making sure that we get through security (3 or 4 check points showing passport and boarding passes over and over again), passport departure control etc. and then waiting in the normal waiting area for our Etihad flight back to Abu Dhabi and further to Berlin and back home.

All in all
A beautiful and very impressive palace where we received very good service, food and excellent accommodation. Highly recommended. The Taj chain has a number of such hotels across India and we will most definitely go to more of them next time we decide to return to amazing India.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 26, 15 at 11:34 am
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:04 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Not sure how quickly I will manage to write up the rest, but feel free to ask any questions you might have in the meantime.
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Nice start! My wife declared India as a "no go country"....
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:28 pm
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum View Post
Nice start! My wife declared India as a "no go country"....
What a pity! For us it is definitely the most amazing country in the world. This was our 2nd visit and we will return!
Old Mar 25, 15, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So glad you loved Amanbagh Musken. I want to go back!
Old Mar 25, 15, 5:31 pm

Great trip report!
Amanbagh is one of our best memory. At the same time I am a bit worried by the following comments

Originally Posted by Musken View Post
Service
Service was the warmest, friendliest and most personal we have ever experienced at an Amanresort (and we have been to 17).

Overall:
For us one of the best Aman experiences we have ever had.
We stayed in 4 Amans so far and I am afraid the best is behind us
Old Mar 25, 15, 6:39 pm
Community Director

You write superb reports. You make me want to go. I had negative feelings about the property due to the strike, and you have been a wonderful ambassador for the property.

How long was the drive from the airport?

Had you been to India before?

As an aside, I love being able to book Emirates with my AA points. Long make that relationship last with its relatively easy access to F.
Old Mar 25, 15, 7:11 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
So many wonderful memories!!!!!!!! It's like being there all over again. I can't wait for the rest of your report.

I am having a medical issue at the moment which keeps me from eating food with any flavor whatsoever and your report is killing me. I want Indian food.
Old Mar 25, 15, 7:48 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Wow great report... makes me want to go.. my wife too has declared India a no go country but maybe I can convince her otherwise. I didn't realize Etihad flew to Jaipur; makes getting there easier.. Nice to see full board including laundry... so annoying to see the laundry prices sometime.... I would pay a reasonable amount per kg; but the per piece gets me... I just can't see paying $8 to launder my boxer shorts...

FDW
Old Mar 26, 15, 12:46 am
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Musken View Post
What a pity!
It is!
Old Mar 26, 15, 2:38 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric View Post
Great trip report!
Amanbagh is one of our best memory. At the same time I am a bit worried by the following comments

We stayed in 4 Amans so far and I am afraid the best is behind us
Don`t you worry. The Amanresorts are just all so different and they all offer something that is unique and best ever, at least for us. Amanbagh was the best ever warm and personal service, as said, but others have best beach (Amanpulo), best afternoon tea (Amanoi), best special meals (Amankila), best boat trips (Amantaka and Amansara), best nearby sights (Amansara), best accommodation (Amanjiwo), best butler service (villa Amanpulo and Aman-i-khas), best beach bales (Amankila and Amanusa), best outside picnic (Amanpulo), best cultural experiences (Amankila), best cultural experience without even leaving the resort (Amanfayun), best views (Amangiri) and of course the new category best lizards ;-) (Amanpulo) etc. etc.

Last edited by Musken; Mar 26, 15 at 3:02 am
Old Mar 26, 15, 2:43 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
You write superb reports. You make me want to go. I had negative feelings about the property due to the strike, and you have been a wonderful ambassador for the property.

How long was the drive from the airport?

Had you been to India before?

As an aside, I love being able to book Emirates with my AA points. Long make that relationship last with its relatively easy access to F.
Thank you so much. I was worried as well before getting there - a lot, but from the moment we were met by the Amanbagh driver at the airport, I just knew that this would be a great stay as well.

The drive from the airport to Amanbagh was 1 hour and 45 minutes. Amanbagh to Aman-i-Khas 3 hours and Aman-i-Khas to Jaipur a bit less than 3 hours.

My husband has been to India several times for business and we were there on holidays once before, 14 years ago visiting Delhi, Agra, Jaipur and Ranthambore. Amazing to see the changes from back then and great to be back. This time it was a priority for us to have holidays and rest as well as seeing and experiencing something we did not see last time (plus seeing tigers - and we did!!!). We really felt that Amanbagh gave us the relaxing and new experiences that we had been looking for so for us it was a great combination. Next time we will go to Udaipur and Jodphur - or venture south which is really very different.
Old Mar 26, 15, 2:46 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu View Post
Wow great report... makes me want to go.. my wife too has declared India a no go country but maybe I can convince her otherwise. I didn't realize Etihad flew to Jaipur; makes getting there easier.. Nice to see full board including laundry... so annoying to see the laundry prices sometime.... I would pay a reasonable amount per kg; but the per piece gets me... I just can't see paying $8 to launder my boxer shorts...

FDW
The Etihad flight is relatively new and certainly makes travel easier. Delhi is just so chaotic! The arrival and departure times are very odd, though, so hopefully they will be able to change that in the future. I also heard that they are working on improving the Jaipur international airport meaning we might see other airlines flying there directly as well in the future.

Totally agree with you about normal laundry costs. We use to bring the dirty laundry back home instead of paying those costs. While it is nice to have underwear and socks washed, ironed and folded as if they were new, the costs are just ridiculous. Having laundry included is a dream.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: