Wiki Posts
Search

Limited data breach confirmed by MO

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:55 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Limited data breach confirmed by MO

A data breach has been confirmed by Mandarin Oriental in a "isolated amount" of their hotels in Europe and the US. Guess it never hurts to keep an extra eye on that credit card statement if you have stayed with them. The report surfaced yesterday, but has now been confirmed.

Official statement: https://www.mandarinoriental.com/med...rd-breach.aspx
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:38 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Huh - just got a message from my CC company that my card has been compromised and there is the possibility it may be hacked. I've had to disable it.

Wondering if it has to do with this as I stayed at the MO SF in November 2014?
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:29 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deathscar
Huh - just got a message from my CC company that my card has been compromised and there is the possibility it may be hacked. I've had to disable it.

Wondering if it has to do with this as I stayed at the MO SF in November 2014?
From Krebs, who were the first to report on the breach:

Mandarin isn't saying yet how many of the company’s two-dozen or so locations worldwide may be impacted, but banking industry sources say the breach almost certainly impacted most if not all Mandarin hotels in the United States, including locations in Boston, Florida, Las Vegas, Miami, New York, and Washington, D.C. Sources also say the compromise likely dates back to just before Christmas 2014.
Source: http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/03/c...rian-oriental/
Old Mar 14, 2015, 12:30 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great catch, thanks for the info! That hotel list doesn't sound so "limited" to me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.