the luxury hotels of Napa and Sonoma counties | California Wine Country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Napa and Sonoma counties | California Wine Country

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We had lunch at the Montage a few weeks ago. It is quite close to Healdsburg but on a nice piece of land a few miles out. Cant comment on the rooms but I am sure they are top notch.
instyleprincess likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:06 pm
Original Member

Seeking suggestions of luxe or near-luxe venues in Sonoma town or very nearby. Not Sonoma County as a whole. Need to be near the town. Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 7:06 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by KatW
Seeking suggestions of luxe or near-luxe venues in Sonoma town or very nearby. Not Sonoma County as a whole. Need to be near the town. Thanks!
Carneros Resort is only 10 minutes from Sonoma town square I believe
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:59 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Valveking
Carneros Resort is only 10 minutes from Sonoma town square I believe
Thank you.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:15 am
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by KatW
Thank you.
MacArthur Place is right in town. Have not stayed there, only opened in 2019 I think, but looks pretty good for being in town and is a part of FHR.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 11:48 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by A4K
MacArthur Place is right in town. Have not stayed there, only opened in 2019 I think, but looks pretty good for being in town and is a part of FHR.
I was motivated by the oricing. Carneros wanted $1150 for a basic room. I will be hanging with friends most if the time so MacArthur ‘s much lower rate made more sense. MacArthur may have been renovated in 2019 but has been in town for ages.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Avis Chairman, Four Seasons Elite, HA Pualani Gold
I wouldn’t put Carneros resort in lux category anyway with the steady drone of traffic in the background and very mediocre food. MacArthur’s is at least closer to town.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Moot now … friends Thanksgiving gathering cancelled as covid once again screws everything up.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:07 pm

We stayed at MacArthur Place last weekend. It was a brief stay (arrived around 6PM and departed the following morning) and was quite the rainstorm so we didn't really get to experience the property as a whole. But what we did experience was mostly outstanding. It reminded me A LOT of the Bernardus lodge in terms of high quality hard product and large property (and my willingness to pay cash despite being located very close to an acceptable hyatt or marriott)

The hard product has been completely redone prior to the 2019 re-opening. They had a suite sale going so i booked a standard suite for only slightly more than base room. Nice, bright room. Great bed, outstanding shower and bathroom, wood burning fireplace with duraflame ready to go and easy to get more on request. At first was annoyed with duraflame but upon reflection was great to set it and forget it and let it burn for 90 minutes after dinner and in the morning. Coffee in room was a tea kettle and coffee in a tea bag. Complimentary snacks.

Service throughout was friendly and attentive. Lots of staff ready to help (and to help keep us dry). The only service misfire was the bar was PACKED at 7 and they were short staffed...took us almost half an hour before they even took our order. Once we got our drinks, they were delicious. Coffee bar in the morning was good, although could have had a broader pastry selection.

The property is sprawling. Less than 100 rooms but in lots of small cottages and buildings. There are lots of outdoor spaces to lounge with fire pits (when it's not setting new records for 24 hour rainfall).

Note that the pool, gym, and spa are the last things to be renovated and will be closed until i believe early summer. Spa services are currently offered in a set of hotel rooms. No temporary gym.

We rarely visit downtown sonoma, but will be looking for more excuses now...
Old Jan 3, 2023, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by instyleprincess
Any recent stay/review on Montage Healdsburg?
I'm planning a quick trip getaway to the area (I've never been to Sonoma/Napa before!) because I got a reservation at SingleThread.

I was planning on staying at SingleThread but the room doesn't appeal to me and the rate seems much higher than Montage and Les Mars.

Any recent review/suggestion highly appreciated. I thought about maybe just staying in Napa but not sure I want to drive an hour back after a 3 hour dinner.
You don't want to go much further than broader healdsburg after that dinner...and certainly not across back to anywhere on the nape side (even Auberge) I'm sure Montage or Les Mars will do just fine. Frankly if the main event is single thread Hotel Healdsburg would do as well. I know heresy to say it in this forum, but the Hotel Trio is perfectly serviceable so long as you can overlook the very Residence Inn bathroom and are willing to go across the street to Plank for your morning coffee and breakfast.

If you are up for another great meal, check out Valette across the street from ST.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Six Senses coming to Napa.
https://www.sfgate.com/local/article...l-17741990.php
offerendum likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 10:16 am

BUMP:

Thinking of Napa for a December trip. Was looking at Bardessono as well as Hotel Yountville. All thoughts appreciated.
Old May 5, 2023, 2:48 pm
Original Member

I’ve roamed all over this area. (Live in the SF Bay Area.) Have seen/stayed at many of the ostensible high end options. There is nothing better than Auberge du Soleil.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.