Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

the luxury hotels of Napa and Sonoma counties | California Wine Country

the luxury hotels of Napa and Sonoma counties | California Wine Country

Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Las Alcobas is now closed during July which obviously doesn't work for our late-July stay. Looks like we'll probably move over to Auberge du Soleil which is offering 3rd night free, or to Solage which has a 4th night free deal and half the price of Auberge. If this trip even happens at all.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Las Alcobas is now closed during July which obviously doesn't work for our late-July stay. Looks like we'll probably move over to Auberge du Soleil which is offering 3rd night free, or to Solage which has a 4th night free deal and half the price of Auberge. If this trip even happens at all.
The challenge for us is not so much "which place is open?" but rather, what is likely to be the experience at the destination we are visiting? If things are too onerous, it's probably just not worth going to us, no matter which property is open.

I suspect a return to wine country is a ways out for us...

Regards
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by scubadu
The challenge for us is not so much "which place is open?" but rather, what is likely to be the experience at the destination we are visiting? If things are too onerous, it's probably just not worth going to us, no matter which property is open.

I suspect a return to wine country is a ways out for us...

Regards
FWIW, Napa is just about the most aggressive part of California in pushing to re-open (other than the rural areas that never really closed). Outdoor dining and tastings have been open since Memorial Day. Indoor dining is coming soon. They realize they need to get as close to normal as possible to survive and are trying to figure it out. Now what "close to normal" looks like in terms of service and experience, jury is still out. But whatever the answer, Napa will be at the forefront.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by boolean64
FWIW, Napa is just about the most aggressive part of California in pushing to re-open (other than the rural areas that never really closed). Outdoor dining and tastings have been open since Memorial Day. Indoor dining is coming soon. They realize they need to get as close to normal as possible to survive and are trying to figure it out. Now what "close to normal" looks like in terms of service and experience, jury is still out. But whatever the answer, Napa will be at the forefront.
I’m not sure how accurate that read is for the current status of Napa dining. That isn’t my understanding, surely. Either way, all that can change the moment everyone realizes the second spike or next wave has already begun and more people are being infected because of these reopenings. California will be the first or among the first to close back up if the data indicate that to be the only prudent approach, and no one knows if and when that might happen. So planning for Napa seems just as risky as ever to me.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by boolean64
Several vineyards have already notified me that they've opened their indoor tasting rooms for appointments, so I'm assuming those have been made legal as well.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent., Relais & Chateaux, LHW, SLH
I'm curious, for those highly-desired Michelin restaurants in Napa, what happen to those reservations that were booked between March-May?
I'm sure a lot of the reservations were booked long ago, will those people have first priority to re-book once the restaurants re-open? Does anyone know?
Old May 10, 2021, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by callmedtop
What’s the best way for booking at these or other Sonoma / napa places? Just direct on their website or via a OTA? I only have Hilton / WOH points; no other loyalty programs.
Old May 11, 2021, 4:32 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by gaobest
What’s the best way for booking at these or other Sonoma / napa places? Just direct on their website or via a OTA? I only have Hilton / WOH points; no other loyalty programs.
Through their website or your travel advisor. There may be multiple promos in different channels (e.g. hotel directly, Virtuoso, etc).
Old May 11, 2021, 4:42 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by gaobest
You can book any of the Virtuoso hotels among this group (and get amenities) on Virtuoso.com. You'll just have to sign up with a Virtuoso travel advisor while on site, and there are any number on this forum who'd be happy to work with you.

While Auberge du Soleil is not Virtuoso, the sales mananger will work with your travel advisor, often upgrading at booking if available and providing an enhanced welcome amenity (a pretty nice bottle of wine and cheese). Breakfast is already included here.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:33 pm
Original Member

Solange re-design

https://www.hospitalitynet.org/annou...ollection.html
Old Jan 17, 2022, 10:03 pm
Original Member

Poetry Inn in Yountville gets high-design re-do
https://www.7x7.com/napa-luxury-hote...e-s-poetry-inn
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:49 pm
Original Member

Good news for Wine country: Introducing The renovated, relaunched The Madrona in Healdsburg:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/win...t-17057030.php

This goes on list for a May/June stay.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was having dinner with a friend from the area who said that Calistoga Ranch is never going to be rebuilt because the insurance is just too expensive. Anything hear something similar? Could be why Auberge is pumping money into Solage, especially with the rates they can charge these days. Just unfortunate since in my opinion the two were not even comparable. FD - I got married at Calistoga
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:41 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Doesn't Calistoga have a bunch of fractionals as well? I wonder how they were compensated?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
They do / did. I asked about that frankly cannot remember the answer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.