A Trip to Tennessee: The Hutton Hotel and Blackberry Farm

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub

My trip to Tennessee got off to a snowy start in Boston, but we only experienced a short delay. I had planned this getaway purposefully as an extra long weekend escape from the winter weather and a cure for my cabin fever. Thankfully, the weather in Tennessee did not disappoint. Not a flake of snow to be seen, and weekend highs in the low 60’s.

The first three nights of my stay in Nashville were spent at the Hutton Hotel. I chose this property because it best aligned with type of hotel my clients enjoy. It has a good location, an updated modern decor, and it is the only Virtuoso property in the city.

It is a little further from the action than the other luxury hotel in town, but they do offer complimentary car service within a three mile radius, and there is always Uber.

I received one of my all-time favorite welcome amenities. I loved that it reflected the place, and that it offered a little something for every palate.

My Deluxe King was well-appointed, but a little on the small side. If I was traveling with someone else I would opt for a larger room. The Penthouses are especially gorgeous!

The staff here were excellent. I liked the weeknight wine reception, and the small coffee shop that had take-away breakfast items for those not wanting a full meal.

After three wonderful nights at the Hutton, and lots of fun in Nashville, I headed out with a friend to Blackberry Farm.

he first sign that you have arrived at Blackberry Farm is the beautiful white fence. There is not an abundance of signage, so it is best to take it slow once you exit the highway.

Our room was not ready when we arrived, so we headed out in a golf cart to explore the property and hit the gift shops. The property is expansive and gorgeous, with beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains. There is a pond for canoeing, streams for fishing, trails for hiking, and plenty of rocking chairs for doing absolutely nothing.

Our room was in the Holly Glade Cottages. This is a nice location if you want to be central to the Main House, reception, and the spa. Please note that all of the rooms in this category are being renovated so look at the overall space in the photos, not the decor.

We also toured Farmstead Cottage, which is in the Singing Brook Cottage area, and the Garden House. These are located across the street from reception and are near the garden and The Barn. They are both exquisite!

The attention to detail on the hard product at Blackberry Farm will blow you away. The design and decor is purposeful and elegant. You can sense the thought that went into every aspect of the guest experience.

There is a gorgeous new spa with a heated outdoor pool and fitness area. A new family pool is in the works, and will hopefully be open for the July 4th weekend. Other changes are a new more casual dining experience for dinner in the Main House.

Yes, the food is every bit as good as you would expect from a Relais & Chateaux property. Be advised that you may even fall in love with the southern spreadable staple, Pimento Cheese. Made homemade at Blackberry Farm, of course.

The Virtuoso amenities for each hotel are as follows:

Hutton Hotel
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
A complimentary lunch for up to two people (once during stay, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities)
Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability

Blackberry Farm
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
$100 USD Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
Welcome Amenity
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability

Check out my full trip report with more photos here.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Blackberry Farm looks incredible. I love the South.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks!

Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Other changes are a new more casual dining experience for dinner in the Main House
another casual option seems to be "Simply Supper"

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 18, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Old Feb 19, 2015, 4:00 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Always love Blackberry Farm. Of course, they've changed so much since we were there. So many more activities, dining options, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.