Wiki Posts
Search

Trisara, Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Trisara, Phuket, Thailand

Any updates on Trisara? Last thread was from 2011...it's been quite some time, obviously.

Kind of playing around w/ my Thai trip. Still keeping the Siam for the first three nights, FS Tented for the next three...and now considering going to Trisara (or Amanpuri) for the next 3.

Thoughts on Trisara?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:49 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Any updates on Trisara? Last thread was from 2011...it's been quite some time, obviously.

Kind of playing around w/ my Thai trip. Still keeping the Siam for the first three nights, FS Tented for the next three...and now considering going to Trisara (or Amanpuri) for the next 3.

Thoughts on Trisara?
Only did a site visit last June. Impressive property. Rooms are gorgeous, but also felt a little 'cold', but can see why many would like them - great blend of modern and traditional, and all come with a pool. Didn't get a chance to sample the spa or restaurants. Beach is not bad, the restaurant/bar above the area is a great place to hang out.

Personally refer Amanpuri.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:36 am

LOVED it. Really, thought the 1 BR Pool Villas (or Suites, or whatever they are called) were fantastically designed - beautiful hard product.

Liked the little touches, and enjoyed the food (we only ordered Thai).

Caveats: we only left the villa for spa treatments, and the Jazz Brunch. That's it. The rest of the time we thoroughly veg'ed, ate, drank, looked out at the water.

Bliss.

(note: have not stayed at Amanpuri; find it hard to believe the hard product could top Trisara, though perhaps the service eclipses it)
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I will be at Trisara in a couple of weeks, so will report back.

Amanpuri has a beautiful beach and public areas, but rooms are small and dated and staff can be a little cold in my experience.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I will be at Trisara in a couple of weeks, so will report back.

Amanpuri has a beautiful beach and public areas, but rooms are small and dated and staff can be a little cold in my experience.
Also it´s nearly double price for equal rooms
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:11 am
Aman Contributor Badge

For me the Amanpuri rooms are not dated but timeless, beautiful and very Thai - or how you would like to think that Thai houses look like while the architecture at Trisara is more classical and could be anywhere. Amanpuri rooms are smaller than the Trisara room, though, and with no private pool (unless you pay a fortune). Agree about the "colder" staff as well, but love beach, spa and gym at Puri. Also food was best at Puri when we were there. This does, however, not mean that food, spa and beach are bad in any way at Trisara. It is a wonderful resort, just I do not manage to choose, so I would always prefer to split my stay between the two.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:43 am

Interestingly, Antony Lark is currently filling in as GM, since Antoine Melon left, and he is obviously enjoying himself! Good time to go!
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Interestingly, Antony Lark is currently filling in as GM, since Antoine Melon left, and he is obviously enjoying himself! Good time to go!
Just amended my trip. Going to Trisara for 3 nights beginning of April.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Originally Posted by Musken
For me the Amanpuri rooms are not dated but timeless, beautiful and very Thai - or how you would like to think that Thai houses look like while the architecture at Trisara is more classical and could be anywhere. Amanpuri rooms are smaller than the Trisara room, though, and with no private pool (unless you pay a fortune). Agree about the "colder" staff as well, but love beach, spa and gym at Puri. Also food was best at Puri when we were there. This does, however, not mean that food, spa and beach are bad in any way at Trisara. It is a wonderful resort, just I do not manage to choose, so I would always prefer to split my stay between the two.
Yes
Always look forward to seeing their airport greeter , J , who seems thrilled to see us EVEN when we are staying at Amanpuri & not splitting our stay with Trisara
Agree with Musken . Puri ' s new pool pavilions are great though .
Trisara ' s beach is poor compared with Amanpuri ' s unless they have just brought in sand . The ' reef ' just below tideline is a nuisance , please wear water booties .
Enjoy your stay otherwise
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:27 am

The beach at Trisara is rather second-rate in my view, especially for Phuket. However, while the beach at Amanpuri is spectacularly good, it does share it with another, much larger hotel. And those steps down to the beach (and back up again) are killers.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Pausanias
The beach at Trisara is rather second-rate in my view, especially for Phuket. However, while the beach at Amanpuri is spectacularly good, it does share it with another, much larger hotel. And those steps down to the beach (and back up again) are killers.
+1
Thanks for your honesty !

I often use the buggies to / from the beach these days , often have ' injuries ' ..
The beach has been extended closer to Naoki , because of new Thai regulations , this is where they can now place the loungers as it is Puri property and not ' public ' beach area But no more grass patch .
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by aa213bb
(note: have not stayed at Amanpuri; find it hard to believe the hard product could top Trisara, though perhaps the service eclipses it)
At the entry level it isn't - unless you're paying a fortune at Amanpuri for the pool pavilions and private villas. Trisara's hard product is fantastic - something about it just feels cold though (ref. the hard product at Andara, which is also fantastic but has a much more warm, welcoming atmosphere to it).
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I didn't want to start a new thread so reviving this one.

I have a business trip to Singapore next month and have tacked on a solo trip to Trisara at the end. It will be my second visit - but only 48 hours this time. Any reason to leave the property when I really only have one full day there?

I did a boat tour of the islands last time.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I didn't want to start a new thread so reviving this one.

I have a business trip to Singapore next month and have tacked on a solo trip to Trisara at the end. It will be my second visit - but only 48 hours this time. Any reason to leave the property when I really only have one full day there?

I did a boat tour of the islands last time.
In short, no.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Have had some wonderful times at Trisara. Have stayed a number of times - always after a less relaxing trip - e.g. Bhutan, Burma, etc. great place to chill out for a few days. Love the rooms ( private with pool), like the food ( eat only Thai), beach not great, but felt like never needed to leave the room as pool and view great, room service great ( eat all breakfast in room and some lunches) but go to dinner at the restaurant!��No, you don't need to leave the property.
Yahtzee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.