Four Seasons Resort Langkawi

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Jalan Tanjung Rhu Mukim Ayer Langkawi, MY 07000

Four Seasons Resort Langkawi (0 Photo)

Short Review

We stayed at the FS many years ago and back then, the food was very good, especially the Ikan Ikan restaurant and also the lunch options and pizzas in the restaurant close to the family pool. The Italian restaurant was good as well, but nothing extremely special. Same goes for snacks at the Rhu Bar. Great with so many options anyway. We left the FS to have dinners outside a couple of times. Gulai House was very good and had a nice atmosphere. We combined this dinner with some looking around and a drink at the Datai plus a walk at the beach. It was around 45 minutes to get there as far as I remember. Since you travel with kids, you might consider visiting the crocodille park on the way if it is still there. Not a must visit, but can be exciting for the kids. We also went to Bon Ton to have a meal which was nice and authentic with simple, tasty food. Finally we went twice to the Wonderland restaurant in the main town. No idea if it is still there, but we loved it. Extremely simple (plastic chairs and bring your own wine if you want), but very good food and a fun outing. This place was recommended by the concierge at FS who told us back then that some FS guests love it so much that they have food from there delivered to the FS several times during a stay. I have read that other FT-ers hate it, so it might not be for us. I remember the concierge had pictures from there so that we would be prepared for the simple place, so you might ask him/her.

Enjoy anyway - and if you enjoy like we did, you will not even think about a cement factory in the distance.

Would you like to write a review on the Four Seasons Resort Langkawi?

No, thank you.
Yes
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:28 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Musken
Short Review Enjoy anyway - and if you enjoy like we did, you will not even think about a cement factory in the distance.We stayed at the FS many years ago and back then, the food was very good, especially the Ikan Ikan restaurant and also the lunch options and pizzas in the restaurant close to the family pool. The Italian restaurant was good as well, but nothing extremely special. Same goes for snacks at the Rhu Bar. Great with so many options anyway. We left the FS to have dinners outside a couple of times. Gulai House was very good and had a nice atmosphere. We combined this dinner with some looking around and a drink at the Datai plus a walk at the beach. It was around 45 minutes to get there as far as I remember. Since you travel with kids, you might consider visiting the crocodille park on the way if it is still there. Not a must visit, but can be exciting for the kids. We also went to Bon Ton to have a meal which was nice and authentic with simple, tasty food. Finally we went twice to the Wonderland restaurant in the main town. No idea if it is still there, but we loved it. Extremely simple (plastic chairs and bring your own wine if you want), but very good food and a fun outing. This place was recommended by the concierge at FS who told us back then that some FS guests love it so much that they have food from there delivered to the FS several times during a stay. I have read that other FT-ers hate it, so it might not be for us. I remember the concierge had pictures from there so that we would be prepared for the simple place, so you might ask him/her.
Booking a client there for the 1st time and have never been myself, so much appreciate the feedback!!! Cheers.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:58 am

The new and rather beautiful FS Kuala Lumpur is an excellent addition to Langkawi as well. Thought about this combo for a while now, so thank you for these thoughts, Musken!
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:49 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by scented
The new and rather beautiful FS Kuala Lumpur is an excellent addition to Langkawi as well. Thought about this combo for a while now, so thank you for these thoughts, Musken!
I'm going to copy your itinerary, hope you don't mind
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Musken was there feb/mar 2008, at least for first time, if not back in past few years

won gallivanters top award jan 2008, GM royal rowe left apr 2007, well regarded here

im guessing this thread was test of review system near launch, rather than conversion

Originally Posted by Musken
Feb 3, 15 ... We stayed at the FS many years ago and back then
Wonderland restaurant in the main town. No idea if it is still there

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 28, 2018 at 7:43 pm
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:01 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

My review is sooo old. I did not even know I made these comments as a review so many years after. I guess it has been converted to a review format without me knowing it.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my mistake, was conversion from Jul 11, 2014 post >
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post23181745
when i looked before i just looked for report thread

btw thanks for that original detailed post Musken

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 15, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.