Shangri-La Chiang Mai

Old Jan 20, 15, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Ag, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Spire, Hyatt Glob, Shangri-La
Shangri-La Chiang Mai

Shangri-La Hotel Chiang Mai

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

89/8 Chang Klan Road Chiang Mai, TH 50100

Shangri-La Chiang Mai (0 Photo)

Service

Shangri-La Chiang Mai

Short Review

I stayed there a couple of months ago and was not too impressed. It was a basic business city hotel -- solid service, decent bar, attractive rooms, but not a luxurious experience like other Shangri-Las. The hotel is a bit dated; the new Le Meridien down the street looks nicer, though I haven't stayed there.

I know that you consider a discussion of the value of this hotel to be off-topic, but I will add my opinion. Given the cost (I paid around $120 per night), the fact that there are other spectacular properties in Chiang Mai (namely, the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental, which are both among my favorite hotels in the world) which are reasonably priced, or downright cheap, compared to resorts of the same calibre in other locations (to echo henrikfromdenmark's point), and the plethora of other Shangri-Las not too far away, I would probably choose a different option if I had nights that I could use at any Shangri-La.

Shangri-La Chiang Mai

Would you like to write a review on the Shangri-La Hotel Chiang Mai?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Mar 12, 15, 11:26 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Both the Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental Chiang Mai rates hover around $500-600++ per night - a handsome sum that I wouldn't call downright cheap! Maybe reasonably priced compared to resorts of the same caliber elsewhere.

The location of this property is kinda off the main attractions of the night market and the walled city and its ancient temples.

Search this Thread