Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Next Christmas, warm-ish, North America-ish

Next Christmas, warm-ish, North America-ish

Old Jan 14, 15, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle View Post
San Antonio has decent weather at Christmas? For the past 2 years they have had ice storms! It's COLD.
False.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/san...nyr=12/01/2014
Old Jan 14, 15, 1:40 pm

Programs: Virtuoso
If you wanted to go to Florida, I recently stayed at Acqualina and really enjoyed it. I don't know if they have minimums over Christmas, but one place I am interested in trying is the Sunset Key Guest Cottages in Key West. But - that is probably too far for your timeline.

What about Cabo? Originally, you said North America and all suggestions have been in the US so far. Cabo would be really nice and warm in December and easy to get to for you.

Austin, TX is a fantastic place to visit. It could get cold. I have family in the area and they are often in tshirts while I am bundled up in snow clothes.
Old Jan 14, 15, 3:09 pm
Original Member

Most of the luxe resorts in Cabo were temporarily closed after the hurricane. Some are coming reopening end of this month, e.g., Pedregal. All will be back on offer long before Xmas 2015. Can recommend, Esperanza, Ventanas al Paraiso. But, you will need to reserve very early AND pay through the nose. Worth it, too.
Old Jan 15, 15, 1:36 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Wailea Maui?

How about Wailea Maui? You can fly direct and I love the Wailea resort - Try the Hotel Wailea or Four Seasons (although had a bit of a nightmare on my last F/S stay- i would return in a heartbeat - but living nr London its abit of a trip!)
Old Jan 15, 15, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2 View Post
I was not looking at acuweather, I was talking to a close relative who lives in San Antonio. For the past two years, they have had ice storms in December - the worst one Dec 2013, but even in 2014 it was cold.
Old Jan 15, 15, 11:02 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not luxury but it's as good as it gets in a national park: Furnace Creek Inn in Death Valley. They have two suites that are not shown on the reservations page online, you have to call to book them. The dining room is pretty darn good all things considered and there is a lot to explore in Death Valley if you haven't spent time there before.
Old Jan 15, 15, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs View Post
How about Wailea Maui?
We're going there next week
Old Jan 21, 15, 8:05 pm

Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas. They generally have a three for two deal around Christmas.
Old Jan 24, 15, 8:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Florida weather, even in Miami/Key West area, is a crapshoot over the holidays. It can be 80, or 55. Very different experiences...and you never know which you'll get at that time of year.
Old Jan 29, 15, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, RC Gold
I second The Boulders Resort in Carefree, AZ. My husband and I stayed there in November and we had a wonderful time. You get your own casita with a wood burning fireplace and desert views. Very peaceful and relaxing. Good spa, too.

K
Old Jan 31, 15, 1:47 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Banyan Tree Marques in Puerta Vallarta, La Case Que Canta/Viceroy in Zihautanejo, resorts in nearby Ixtapa, Mukul in Nicaragua, a city hotel in Panama City, all might have decent deals. Even Cayo Espanto in Belize.

You might also consider going before/just after the holiday season to avoid the minimum night stays and higher rates. :-)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: