Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are luxury hotels for everyone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I never demand a GM come make an appearance or stopby our table at breakfast, etc. However, I would like a GM to respond if I personally email them with a stay issue or write a follow up letter after a stay. It's only common courtesy to take the time to answer someone who took the time to write you.

The more stars a hotel has doesn't necessarily mean a better or personalized response either. As Aman Tokyo has clearly shown me.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:59 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Aventine
I never demand a GM come make an appearance or stopby our table at breakfast, etc. However, I would like a GM to respond if I personally email them with a stay issue or write a follow up letter after a stay. It's only common courtesy to take the time to answer someone who took the time to write you.

The more stars a hotel has doesn't necessarily mean a better or personalized response either. As Aman Tokyo has clearly shown me.
Ditto
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I wonder how can you guys got GM personal email ?
usually i can only see butlers departments email and reservation/front desk email
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by kaizen7
usually i can only see butlers departments email and reservation/front desk email
Often you find e-mail online, find GM at Xing, Facebook etc. or got a business card during former stay.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:46 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by offerendum

Often you find e-mail online, find GM at Xing, Facebook etc. or got a business card during former stay.
Or someone here may have it and be willing to share.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
It's usually easy enough to figure out if you know their name and the email formation style used by their brand.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Yes KatW, of course you are right! Forgot the most obvious :-(
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:06 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Are luxury hotels for everyone?

Sure, for everyone or anyone who wants to stay at them and obviously decides it’s worth the cost. And probably no, for everyone else!

For those who think that only staying in luxury hotels is somehow unfortunate, they can enjoy staying elsewhere whenever they choose. I don’t disagree, but I freely share that almost all of my own many world travels have been while staying at luxury hotels. Feel free to judge as you wish!

For those of us fortunate enough to more easily afford luxury hotels, I find them to be a much more enjoyable and comfortable manner of travel.

For those who have to splurge to less commonly afford a luxury hotel, I recall such a splurge often making the experience feel more special. Whether or not the value proposition measures up, of course, will always be in the eye of the beholder.

Whether or not the hotel may be the most expensive option or not isn’t the question for me; rather, I want to find the option that affords me the best possible experience but that costs me the least. Others have their own value proposition. To each, their own.

Last edited by bhrubin; Mar 4, 2018 at 8:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.