The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond

Map| 5 Reviews | 40% Recommended

181 Wellington St W Toronto, ON CA ON M5V 3G7

The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto (0 Photo)

I recently completed at 2 night stay at the property and was very impressed. We arrived via airport sedan and upon arrival provided my last name and was immediately ushered to the 20th floor to complete check-in in the club lounge. Check-in was quick and efficient and club concierge provided detailed information on club presentations and offered his assistance throughout our stay. In a short while we were assigned to a clubroom with a view of Lake Ontario and the CN Tower. Our luggage arrived shortly thereafter. Bellman offered to show how everything works in the room and asked if we had any questions.

Club Room

The room was very well laid out and had a large marble bathroom equipped with a double vanity, separate soaking tub and shower, and lavatory. The integrated TV in mirror was a nice touch and enjoyed watching while shaving and getting ready for the evening. I found the shower to be a bit on the small side but the pressure was good. Bulgari bathroom amenitities were in my room so perhaps somethings have changed sinceluxury stayed.

Nespresso machine and assorted teas were provided which was a very nice touch. It seems Ritz Carlton is transitioning to providing Nespresso in their newer properties. Bose Wave radio w/ iPod dock, 42" LCD TV and Bluray player were provided. Desk was very nice and had ample electrical outlets and an ethernet connection.

Fitness Center, Pool, and Spa

Fully equipped fitness center on the 5th floor with Precor cardio equipment, Tecnogym strength, free weights, jump ropes, and exercise balls. I used the fitness center everyday and must say it never seemed to be overly crowded in the typical late AM or early PM rush.

Swimming pool and jacuzzi overlook Lake Ontario and CN tower. Overall nice size pool with fine white marble detailing. Jacuzzi was a bit on the small side. Ample pool area seating with towels and bottled water provided.

I did not use the spa but an assortment of treatments are offered and spa access can be purchased for CAD $50 to use the "experience showers", hyrdobath, and relaxation lounges.

Club Lounge

Fairly large with ample seating and overlooks CN Tower and Lake Ontario. Computers with internet access and printing capability provided free of charge along with small TV sitting area, assorted magazines, and newspapers.

Food presentation focused on locally sourced ingredients and were always fresh and well presented. Morning breakfast had the usual spread of fresh fruit, smoked salmon, turkey, cheeses, bagels, pastries, and homemade oatmeal. On my two days the hotel items were rotated and one day egg fritata was featured and scrambled eggs were featured on the other. Mid-day service had assorted sandwiches (turkey) and wraps (grilled vegetable), soup, and Terra Chips served with homemade guacamole and pico de gallo. Evening hor'dourves always contained one vegetarian, one beef, and one seafood based item to provide variety and accommodate guest preferences. Dessert was the usual spread with fondue, tarts, and petit fours.

Beverages were always available and featured US, international and local canadian beers. Wine selection was alright but must say I was underwhelmed. Espresso machine, assorted juices, Pepsi products, and local sodas were also available.

Club Lounge Staff

Club staff really made our stay memorable as they took interest in getting to us and provided the utmost professional service. It was clear to me that they really took pride in their jobs and enjoyed spending time at the property.

Food & Beverage

We did not dine at TOCA or DEQ but did review their menu offerings and they looked impressive. During my stay on the weekend I did not see much of a crowd at TOCA but given the nice weather DEQ was hoping both nights with what appeared to be non-hotel guests. With so much great food and liquor in the club lounge we saw little reason dine at DEQ.

Overall I was very impressed with the property and will definitely return next time I am in the Toronto area. It seems the hotel has gotten some of its kinks together since its opening and seems to be very well received in the community. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away or PM. I also have the email address for the GM and lead Club Concierge if anyone would like to reach out to them.

Would you like to write a review on the The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.