Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai- New Four Seasons

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 6:57 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scented
I was of the opinion it has 377 keys...
Ah, right you are. I was looking at the wrong St Regis. Didn't know there were two in Abu Dhabi!

Now 377 vs 237 are numbers that I would consider monstrous vs more intimate.

Thanks for the information!
Old May 11, 2016, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by xracer
Ah, right you are. I was looking at the wrong St Regis. Didn't know there were two in Abu Dhabi!

Now 377 vs 237 are numbers that I would consider monstrous vs more intimate.

Thanks for the information!
Most welcome.

This is a fate many hotels on Saadiyat suffer from. I have a review on the Park Hyatt there somewhere -- it is an owner-related problem. Most developers wanted the higher-end brands represented on the island and some hospitality corporations obliged and were willing to beat their own brand standards to death for it, in terms of size and design. Park Hyatt has 306 rooms, more than any other Park Hyatt and the result is comical.

I would stay away from Saadiyat altogether because it is not appropriate at all for this forum. Abu Dhabi needs to fill these rooms throughout the year and are willing to lower standards and rates in order to get it done. The companies they are managed by have not much influence, but give the brand name to match the alleged 'luxury' image of Abu Dhabi.

The Rosewood is a better choice in Abu Dhabi, and FS just opened. This might bring some change for the better.
Old May 11, 2016, 7:57 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Most welcome.

This is a fate many hotels on Saadiyat suffer from. I have a review on the Park Hyatt there somewhere -- it is an owner-related problem. Most developers wanted the higher-end brands represented on the island and some hospitality corporations obliged and were willing to beat their own brand standards to death for it, in terms of size and design. Park Hyatt has 306 rooms, more than any other Park Hyatt and the result is comical.

I would stay away from Saadiyat altogether because it is not appropriate at all for this forum. Abu Dhabi needs to fill these rooms throughout the year and are willing to lower standards and rates in order to get it done. The companies they are managed by have not much influence, but give the brand name to match the alleged 'luxury' image of Abu Dhabi.

The Rosewood is a better choice in Abu Dhabi, and FS just opened. This might bring some change for the better.
Thanks. Actually was considering a stay at the Park Hyatt resort. But after your comments, will probably look to the FS Dubai resort instead.
Old May 12, 2016, 4:39 am

This is a fate many hotels on Saadiyat suffer from.
There are currently only two hotels on Saadiyat, unless more have opened without anyone finding out?
Saadiyat attracts a hefty premium just for the pristine beach which is one of the nicest in the entire UAE. The admittedly lovely pool at the Rosewood is just not going to compare, and therefore if someone is considering StR/PH Saadiyat, the Rosewood is simply not a reasonable substitute. Same for the FS - it is located on the same man-made island as the Rosewood.
Old May 13, 2016, 10:09 am

You are right, it is a very different experience.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:06 am

I've stayed at the St. Regis Saadiyat, had an Ocean Suite for a week. I disagree with others here, I really enjoyed the hotel and service, as well as the food.

I didn't care for the beach however, so I found it odd that others here and on TA rave about it. There are lots of little rocks on the sand and shoreline, and there are also rocks in the water. There is a lot of seaweed in th water as well. I prefer the beach and water at the LRM Mina Seyahi in Dubai as well as at the Madinat Jumeirah, but that isn't saying much as they don't hold a candle to the beach and water in the Bahamas or Turks.

I've also stayed at the other St. Regis in Abu Dhabi. I prefer the location of it to the Saadiyat since there is more to see and do nearby, but it's a city hotel and not a resort.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spideysense
I've stayed at the St. Regis Saadiyat, had an Ocean Suite for a week. I disagree with others here, I really enjoyed the hotel and service, as well as the food.

I didn't care for the beach however, so I found it odd that others here and on TA rave about it. There are lots of little rocks on the sand and shoreline, and there are also rocks in the water. There is a lot of seaweed in th water as well. I prefer the beach and water at the LRM Mina Seyahi in Dubai as well as at the Madinat Jumeirah, but that isn't saying much as they don't hold a candle to the beach and water in the Bahamas or Turks.

I've also stayed at the other St. Regis in Abu Dhabi. I prefer the location of it to the Saadiyat since there is more to see and do nearby, but it's a city hotel and not a resort.
If you are really a "beach" person, then you know there is no such thing as a nice beach in Dubai. They are all man made. If you want to find a nice beach in the Gulf, go to Oman.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there a fee for guests at the DIFC property to use the beach and pools at the Jumeirah property?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:44 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is there a fee for guests at the DIFC property to use the beach and pools at the Jumeirah property?
I was under the impression it was free
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by speedbird001
If you are really a "beach" person, then you know there is no such thing as a nice beach in Dubai. They are all man made. If you want to find a nice beach in the Gulf, go to Oman.
I am amazed that nobody has mentioned The Oberoi Al Zorah, which is only 30 minute's drive from Dubai airport. It has an incredibly long, natural, white sand beach and is a superbly run resort.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I am amazed that nobody has mentioned The Oberoi Al Zorah, which is only 30 minute's drive from Dubai airport. It has an incredibly long, natural, white sand beach and is a superbly run resort.
I have seen that advertised and looks very appealing. Any reviews?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a year ago >
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxu...l#post29021325

vuittonsofstyle was first to mention it, a year prior to that
then posted about good stay a few months ago
vuittonsofstyle likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 2, 2018 at 7:34 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 2:49 pm

Leaving aside the merits of the property itself (which looks nice), I would only stay in Al Zorah if I wanted a beach resort, and did not actually want/need to be in Dubai.

That stretch of road from Dubai to Ajman, which passes through Sharjah, is some of the worst traffic you'll ever see in the UAE. During peak times, it will frequently take an hour and sometimes two between, say, DIFC and Al Zorah.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stargold
Leaving aside the merits of the property itself (which looks nice), I would only stay in Al Zorah if I wanted a beach resort, and did not actually want/need to be in Dubai.

That stretch of road from Dubai to Ajman, which passes through Sharjah, is some of the worst traffic you'll ever see in the UAE. During peak times, it will frequently take an hour and sometimes two between, say, DIFC and Al Zorah.
Just stay at FSDJB and never have to go anywhere else!
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by stargold

I think the point is that some people just want a good beach and do not necessarily require to be city bound. I like to split my stay between, say Four Seasons Jumeirah or DIFC and The Oberoi Al Zorah, which works extremely well.

Equally, if you avoid rush hour, the journey from Ajman to Dubai is very easy, in my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.