LHW leaders club updates and comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHW leaders club updates and comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
We have enough points for a night at a hotel next year (that we wanted to stay at again anyway), so I guess we come out even(ish).

So as of now, the plan is to keep our membership in LHW Leaders Club in 2019 in order to use up the points for the night. Meantime, we will check out Virtuoso and possibly IC Ambassador (I think that's what it is called), and see which one works best for us.

My suspicion, given our travel patterns and interests (not to mention our, well, age), is that Virtuoso will be our best bet. But we'll see.

This is very disappointing. Very disappointing.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:59 pm

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by QPRfan
I stayed at a LHW property last weekend, and had booked a junior suite. There was upgrade, no note from the manager (not that I cared about this), no fruit or other gift (which I did care about) the only inclusion was breakfast which was disappointing.

I am also interested to hear that someone say they have Sterling status, I am on classic though my spend for the year is over $5000 (according to the LHW dashboard), so it seems this isn't automated, which is odd
there was or wasn’t an upgrade?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:39 pm

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 1:39 pm
Old Nov 1, 2018, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
As a Leaders Club member (not unlimited), my recent data points:

- Hotel Kamp, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- The Merrion, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- The Lanesborough, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- Gran Melia Fenix, upgraded from entry level room to a slightly less crappy but still very small and lousy room.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
As a Leaders Club member (not unlimited), my recent data points:

- Hotel Kamp, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- The Merrion, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- The Lanesborough, upgraded from entry level room to Junior Suite
- Gran Melia Fenix, upgraded from entry level room to a slightly less crappy but still very small and lousy room.
Is this using the pre arrival upgrades?
I assume you haven’t got any welcome gifts as that is not listed in the benefits anymore.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by r281

Is this using the pre arrival upgrades?
I assume you haven’t got any welcome gifts as that is not listed in the benefits anymore.
These were not using the pre-arrival upgrades as I didn't have any at the time, just asked at check-in.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
[QUOTE=GetSetJetSet;30452866]These were not using the pre-arrival upgrades as I didn't have any at the time, just asked at check-in.[/QUOT
One observation - the pre arrival upgrade regime will mean that you will not go to a suite in most properties under the rules. But individual properties used to LHW may do it anyway, especially if repeat guest. Of course, if you are FHR/Virtuoso you may get that upgrade.

One more reason to abandon LC.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
[QUOTE=grumbler;30453671]
These were not using the pre-arrival upgrades as I didn't have any at the time, just asked at check-in.[/QUOT
One observation - the pre arrival upgrade regime will mean that you will not go to a suite in most properties under the rules. But individual properties used to LHW may do it anyway, especially if repeat guest. Of course, if you are FHR/Virtuoso you may get that upgrade.

One more reason to abandon LC.
It really doesn't look like these hotels want us to remain in LC, does it?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

These were not using the pre-arrival upgrades as I didn't have any at the time, just asked at check-in.
Did you need to ask or was it already sorted before you arrived?
i wonder if the pre arrival upgrade which is one category will indeed mean people get worse upgrades as it’s so regimented in advance.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Did you need to ask or was it already sorted before you arrived?
i wonder if the pre arrival upgrade which is one category will indeed mean people get worse upgrades as it’s so regimented in advance.
All of them were sorted except the Lanesborough, where they claimed I was upgraded on arrival but the "upgraded" room was the smallest I've ever seen at that hotel. Took a chat with the asst. GM to get moved to the Jr. Suite.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Another thing to note with the redeeming the points under the new system is that taxes and fees are not included unlike the old system.
So you will still need to pay that at check in based upon the normal taxes and fees for BAR.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Are people planning on renewing their Aurelian level membership now that it is 1500USD per year?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond
Angry

Are people planning on renewing their Aurelian level membership now that it is 1500USD per year?
No, not really. Am very disappointed with the programme. Was “invited” to become Aurelian as one of their top 1% clients in 3Q18. Incremental benefits are minimal. Now in Jan 2019 am asked to pay USD 1500 to retain membership. Ridiculous. They should be grateful that I am giving them my business. A complete scam.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:44 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Ridiculous. They should be grateful that I am giving them my business. A complete scam.
where will you take your business then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.