Reload this Page >

LHW leaders club updates and comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHW leaders club updates and comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2018, 2:01 am

FYI: I will be filing a complaint on behalf of 4 LC account holders (until now) later this week, because of unilateleral changes without mutual consent. Consumers rights are one thing, unlitareral changes to a contract are another.
If anybody would like to join, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]. As I am already acting on behalf of 3 others (+ for my own account), more than happy to involve others at no cost.

Details to be discussed but my main request would be to reinstate contracted benefits for the contracted time frame for all account holders (basic level + unlimited).
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:03 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 1:42 pm
Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:57 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I'm going to test how it goes at the Landmark...always got a Marylebone Suite before.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:58 am

There is no way they will refund our unlimited membership even the program is totally devalued. I have been complaining my best. Now I will just use social media’s to make sure no one else will be cheated like this in the future.
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by ScandicViking
There is no way they will refund our unlimited membership even the program is totally devalued. I have been complaining my best. Now I will just use social media’s to make sure no one else will be cheated like this in the future.
Confirms my opinion about the program.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I just can't be bothered to fight for a refund. But I will definitely not renew.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Football Fan
But I will definitely not renew.
Can't imagine anyone will do
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
FYI: I will be filing a complaint on behalf of 4 LC account holders (until now) later this week, because of unilateleral changes without mutual consent. Consumers rights are one thing, unlitareral changes to a contract are another.
If anybody would like to join, please send me an e-mail at [email protected]. As I am already acting on behalf of 3 others (+ for my own account), more than happy to involve others at no cost.

Details to be discussed but my main request would be to reinstate contracted benefits for the contracted time frame for all account holders (basic level + unlimited).
Up! Especially with the last posts in this thread: please join!

A few FT'ers already contacted me but I was out for a few days because of the flu. So I still have some time to process any extra complaints. We should really join our forces on this one, me thinks.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:01 pm

We could use #lhwdowngraded on every post we see from them. I have paid 1.200$ for literally nothing so I feel that I need to complain.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:48 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I've always avoided this program for my clients as the original idea behind it, much like FAN of MO, is A) ID clients better and market the full line-up of LHW to them B) to try and drive more business directly thru their booking channels and less and less thru places like booking.com, expedia etc. While it is "travel advisor" friendly, it really was suppose to help LHW build a relationship/loyalty with what they hoped were clients that were floating out their on the internet booking thru all kinds of sites and chains.

So if you aren't going to be refunded anything and you are still going to want to stay at a LHW - why not direct your business now to a professional travel advisor?
OR
If you are a frequent guest at a LHW with a big spend, express to them how you feel.

Might be a lot easier than a drawn out back and forth battle... even though I do admire Epicura's willingness to lead the charge on behalf of the community
offerendum likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ScandicViking
We could use #lhwdowngraded on every post we see from them. I have paid 1.200$ for literally nothing so I feel that I need to complain.
To say the truth it wasn't even much you paid for before.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
I think what would be more effective than hashtags is to:

1) cancel all LHW reservations

2) email the hotels and tell them you canceled your reservation in protest of how LHW treats its members and that you will only stay with them again once LHW changes its policies and treats their members fairly.

3) do the same with hotels you frequently stayed at in the past

4) email LHW and tell them what you did
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by QPRfan
I spent a night in Amsterdam and used a free night (before the changes) to stay at Hotel de L'Europe. I was given a junior suite, so it looks as though the upgrades are still being continued. I have my first booking post the changes in just under a fortnight, so can post whether or not I receive an upgrade for that
We had made a reservation at the Sacher before the changes. Our stay was after the changes. We were upgraded from the highest level of Junior Suite to a Suite upon check-in. I finally checked our account tonight, and it's now something called "Sterling". Rolling my eyes quite a bit, but whatever.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by r281

It’s unbelievable that the price is now 1500usd which is higher than before when upgrades were guaranteed even.
Also they have removed welcome gift, GroundLink, 100usd benefit, 3 gift memberships, priority pass and obviously the free night certificates (as well as partner benefits like sending luggage ahead for free).

will they give a refund?
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait . . . No little cakes and goodies waiting for you when you check in? No bottle of water when you get home at the end of the day? No offense, but it's the little things. And this would make LHW virtually indistinguishable from the other buy-in programs, or something like Virtuoso, which, for people like my husband and me, sounds a heck of a lot easier. Why are we bothering with LHW again?
ABG and offerendum like this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

vs complicated variable (not fixed) point awards, why doesnt LHW just go with cashback like mrandmrssmith (3% and no longer tiered)

while i personally do not see value in anything other than free nights, it does not seem to make sense for one-category upgrades to be limited (vs encouraging higher spend) nor for agency etc amenity to be $100 even when one's final hotel bill is in the tens of thousands of dollars. best value will always be for business travelers staying 1 night in less expensive properties, which again does not seem to make sense.

if virtuoso is about service they should get rid of benefits. same for LHW etc if theyre about profile. there are countless reports here of problems/not receiving benefits and or recognition.

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
credit staying at 9-bedroom villa ... for 10 nights is the same as staying in the entry level pavilion for ... 1 night
edit - i personally would only use agent/program for a very high value upgrade. but my time is not valuable, so that is not a factor, while i can imagine it is very valuable to many here.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 27, 2018 at 3:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.