LHW leaders club updates and comments

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHW leaders club updates and comments

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by DUflyer
New rules will apply as soon as the new program is in place, also for existing bookings. Your stay credits will be converted to points depending on how much you paid for these stays. So basically a complete devaluation. I agree, they should reimburse. I renewed Unlimited just a few weeks ago.
Yes I’m sure they will refund membership fees if anyone requests it.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
I still can´t believe it. Maybe we can hope for promotions, double points or triple points e.g. We the LC members must have been bad customers if they treat us the way they announce to do.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Looks like the new program will start officially on September 26th.

One very interesting tidbit from their website:

The number of points you receive will depend, in part, on the room rate you paid when you earned the stay credit, with a minimum of 1,250 points being awarded.
But I think this only applies to existing stay credits being converted into points, not to future stays.

Also, it says "No blackout dates on free night redemptions" - if that also applies to existing free night certificates, they would be really valuable...

Edit: Of course not...
Will blackout dates apply to my free night certificates?Any free night certificates you have earned prior to September 26, 2018 will still be subject to hotel blackout dates, room type, and reward night availability with Member Hotels.
Edit: Airport transfers for Unlimited also going away. Priority Pass - gone. Customized 100 USD benefit - gone. They must give a refund for people who recently renewed Unlimited!

Last edited by Football Fan; Sep 5, 2018 at 4:52 am
Old Sep 5, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Football Fan
Looks like the new program will start officially on September 26th.

One very interesting tidbit from their website:

But I think this only applies to existing stay credits being converted into points, not to future stays.

Also, it says "No blackout dates on free night redemptions" - if that also applies to existing free night certificates, they would be really valuable...
Will blackout dates apply to my free night certificates?
Any free night certificates you have earned prior to September 26, 2018 will still be subject to hotel blackout dates, room type, and reward night availability with Member Hotels.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
If I read it correctly, literally the only difference between Unlimited and regular status is that Unlimited gets "priority for a one-category upgrade" over regular status members. Why not just do away with it completely? The price difference is not justified in any way, shape or form anymore - and the fact they have not gotten in touch proactively yet about giving a refund is an insult in itself.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:18 am
Original Poster

If I read it correctly, literally the only difference between Unlimited and regular status is that Unlimited gets "priority for a one-category upgrade" over regular status members. Why not just do away with it completely? The price difference is not justified in any way, shape or form anymore - and the fact they have not gotten in touch proactively yet about giving a refund is an insult in itself.
What is the price of a Leaders Club membership?The annual membership fee will be USD 175 starting on September 26, 2018. If your membership is up for renewal before launch, be sure to renew now at the current USD 150 annual fee to receive more of what you love in the new program.Why did the price increase?We increased the annual membership fee to USD 175 in order to deliver an enhanced program featuring benefits that Leaders Club members have told us you value most.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:41 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by r281
What is the price of a Leaders Club membership?The annual membership fee will be USD 175 starting on September 26, 2018. If your membership is up for renewal before launch, be sure to renew now at the current USD 150 annual fee to receive more of what you love in the new program.Why did the price increase?We increased the annual membership fee to USD 175 in order to deliver an enhanced program featuring benefits that Leaders Club members have told us you value most.
Hahaha amazing
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:15 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
I am reluctant to greet every change to a loyalty program with "it's a huge devaluation", but I think LHW has made a mess of it. Most LC members are going to have access to one or more of (i) hotel/chain status or (ii) Amex FHR/Virtuoso - neither of which require further out of pocket expenditure from the guest. LHW properties are rarely the only premium properties in most locations (in North America or Asia they are really not even the top of market in most cases).

The free night per 5 stays (for entry level) feature would have been generous if the program was free, but it is not. I do not believe that the new program will offer guaranteed upgrades without some sort of copay and the revenue/points scheme is not terribly compelling. The fee increase is just a joke on top of that.

I don't understand why hotels even bother with bad loyalty programs - they just leave a bad taste in consumers' mouths. They are better off not using them and recognizing their best customers in other ways.

I'm not renewing and I am using all my stay certificates now. Given that there are better properties in almost every market I visit and which have other FHR type benefits, not sure there is any reason to run to a LHW property.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:11 am

-- --

Last edited by QPRfan; Nov 6, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

I recently paid 1.200USD to renew my unlimited membership and now I see that my membership is not worth anything anymore. My 3 stay credits will be converted to 1600points and Airport transfer will be discontinued. I can't think of any company who have devalued anything to this extend before.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScandicViking
I recently paid 1.200USD to renew my unlimited membership and now I see that my membership is not worth anything anymore. My 3 stay credits will be converted to 1600points and Airport transfer will be discontinued. I can't think of any company who have devalued anything to this extend before.
Have you tried complaining?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: AA Exp, UA PP, IC Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Centurion
Edit: Airport transfers for Unlimited also going away. Priority Pass - gone. Customized 100 USD benefit - gone. They must give a refund for people who recently renewed Unlimited!
I agree, no benefits left for Unlimited members, as far as I can see?
But also no reason to book with LHW anymore over FHR or Virtuoso, or even SLH/Hyatt. What were they thinking???
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Two nights in Vienna this week, for the reasons we are discussing here I booked no more Grand Hotel Vienna/lhw.com but Ritz-Carlton/marriott.com (a very good breakfast rate). Very nice and good guests, excellent staff and luxury hotel, no screaming families in the lobby who believe they own the hotel (they do?).

Back to the topic. If the program will be as it seems, I will not continue, not regular and for sure not Unlimited if there will be such a level still. If I want to stay at any of the Leading Hotels, I will try to find other ways to book, most probably directly with the hotels. It is such a shame what LHW does. Maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the hotels think they do not need a loyalty program. With me they made no loss, I booked a lot of expensive rates and also could not use my free night certs one or two times as they expired as the hotels I wanted to book had blackout dates whenever I tried (many of them).
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by submonte
Back to the topic. If the program will be as it seems, I will not continue, not regular and for sure not Unlimited if there will be such a level still. If I want to stay at any of the Leading Hotels, I will try to find other ways to book, most probably directly with the hotels. It is such a shame what LHW does. Maybe it is not their fault. Maybe the hotels think they do not need a loyalty program.
The new program allows you to book directly through the member hotel's website. Not just via LHW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.