Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Siem Reap luxury hotels

Siem Reap luxury hotels

Old Apr 26, 2019, 6:52 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by tmr10001
So is the Park Hyatt a better option than the Belmond?
I have stayed at both, and I think it is a toss up. The Belmond has more of a "sense of place" with the general architecture and the pool area is very nice. The PH is beautifully designed but I also think that it feels more like it could be "in any other city" hotel in many ways.

I had great service at both and both are in great locations with PH being on a busier road, while the Belmond is in a slightly quieter part of town across the river.

Can't comment on food other than both have good breakfast as I have always taken advantage of the ever growing list of great restaurants now in town.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with either.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's one of the cheapest PHs in the system and don't expect big city PH hardware or service. Their presidential suite was spacious (huge) but the bathroom was a joke. It has a very nice location though.
Lock up your valuables in Cambodia. Extra locks or use the hotel staff. We had a staff related theft and the hotel did nothing about it.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:28 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
If only the Anantara were in a good location it would be a clear winner after Aman for within town.

I can't say I particularly liked either (Belmond or Park Hyatt) very much - if I had to go back and pick, I'd probably go Park Hyatt; but I always feel like a good pool is essential for a Siem Reap trip, and Park Hyatt has the opposite of a good pool.

Either way, be prepared for bus loads of tourists as both hotels take on huge bookings.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Aventine
It's one of the cheapest PHs in the system and don't expect big city PH hardware or service. Their presidential suite was spacious (huge) but the bathroom was a joke. It has a very nice location though.
Lock up your valuables in Cambodia. Extra locks or use the hotel staff. We had a staff related theft and the hotel did nothing about it.
It is very cheap compared to Sydney. I have booked the Rooftop Garden Suite in SR. I'd be interested to know about the theft story.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:58 pm

I’ll give a shout here again, and whilst not a true luxury hotel for most people, it is worth considering. Viroths Hotel.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 2:31 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
I’ll give a shout here again, and whilst not a true luxury hotel for most people, it is worth considering. Viroths Hotel.
When you say not "true luxury" what is it missing?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by flyerwma
This thread got a little Aman-hijacked, so it was hard to get the current thinking. Views on which property to stay as a couple and two older teens? Belmond? Aman? PH? Other?

Many thanks,
Phum Baitang (Siem Reap, Cambodia)

FWIW: Phum Baitang was the first Zannier property I have visited. Since then, we also went to 1898 the Post and Omaanda. Zannier is doing an excellent job and their properties truly belong in this subforum.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by A4K
When you say not "true luxury" what is it missing?
Quite honestly no real reason but this sub forum has become so snobby in the last few years when it comes to hotels; it is a great hotel, but small pool and gym, service excellent. Some would argue grounds too small but it is a ‘city’ hotel. When adjusted for the $600 delta to Aman i simply don’t understand how anyone can make that bridge in their head.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:28 am

Right at the front of this thread I and a few others made the (worth-repeating) point that Amansara's all-inclusive plan (inc. food, drinks and excursions) makes it less expensive than it appears. In fact, Amansara's way of personalising your Angkor experience and the quietude and intimacy of the resort makes it a bit of a bargain.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
Right at the front of this thread I and a few others made the (worth-repeating) point that Amansara's all-inclusive plan (inc. food, drinks and excursions) makes it less expensive than it appears. In fact, Amansara's way of personalising your Angkor experience and the quietude and intimacy of the resort makes it a bit of a bargain.
Very true and who would want to miss Astrid’s hospitality?

Also good to see Zannier’s resorts mentioned here as I think they do deserve it. Adrian Zecha gave the family quite a bit of advice and I think it shows!
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Can 2nd that. Extremely good value and outstanding service/food/design. On my top 10 of hotel experiences.
dodgeflyer and Revolution like this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I'd be interested to know about the theft story.
Me too
Old May 4, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Will be trying the Bensley Collection in September. Looks like a good addition for Siem Reap - more reasonable than the Aman and quite central. Will report back.
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 9:05 am

Just wondering if anybody had been to Phum Baitang this year/recently. I am considering it for a couple of nights in November. I have been to Siem Reap about 15 years ago and stayed at the old Foreign Correspondents Club now the modernised FCC. We have seen the majority of noted temples before so won’t perhaps be out all day as we would be on a first visit. Would prefer something with more of a traditional/colonial feel. The PH seemed to be the no.1 choice after Aman (too expensive and don’t like the architecture) but that also looks quite modern. Would appreciate any advice.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by price123

Will be trying the Bensley Collection in September. Looks like a good addition for Siem Reap - more reasonable than the Aman and quite central. Will report back.
Wondering if you've returned from your trip to Bensley Collection. I have tentatively reserved a room for NYE, but can't decide if the rooms are too trendy and claustrophobic.
Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.