Chateau de Bagnols

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:30 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Chateau de Bagnols

Chateau de Bagnols

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Chateau de Bagnols

LE BOURG Bagnols, FR 69620

Chateau de Bagnols (0 Photo)

Chateau de Bagnols

Formerly Virtuoso, and soon to rejoin the network (and informally offering amenities already), Chateau de Bagnols offers an opportunity to stay in a real 13th Century castle in the Beaujolais region of France. Located about 45 minutes north of Lyon, Chateau de Bagnols is a good place to stop en route from Paris to Provence. Plan to spend two or three nights while exploring the Beaujolais and Burgundy wine regions and experiencing the gastronomy of Lyon.

Room

This is a property with a genuine sense of history and place with its thick stone walls, stone floors (with radiant heat), and huge rooms. Everything feels very authentic, from the antique wood paneling, red silk brocaded wall paper, antique furniture, canopy bed, and the ornate wall mirror in a gilded frame. In short, Chateau de Bangles offers the experience of staying in a real castle and living like a noble family. However, be aware that “authentic” and “up-to-date” don’t always come together in one package. While the hotel offered free fast internet, my room lacked a desk with nearby power plugs. My room was enormous, had a huge step-in closet, a large bathroom with two vanities on opposite sides of the room, a huge marble soaking tub, a bidet, and a unique toilet (which really rather resembled a wooden throne). Only one room in the entire property has a step-in shower, although the hotel is creating several new rooms in a spa building which will have quite contemporary styling.

Tips

Most important tip: request a room with an outside view onto the beautiful gardens, vineyards, and landscape surrounding the castle.

Dining

Our dinner was superb, and the main course of Pigeon was perhaps the best entree I had our entire time in France (and I had nothing but superb meals).

Chateau de Bagnols

Would you like to write a review on the Chateau de Bagnols?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.