Community
Wiki Posts
Search

L\'Agapa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:25 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
L\'Agapa

L' Agapa Hôtel Spa Nuxe

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

L' Agapa Hôtel Spa Nuxe

12 Rue Des Bons-Enfants Perros-Guirec, FR 22700

L'Agapa (0 Photo)

L' Agapa Hôtel Spa Nuxe

Located in Perros-Guirec, a small beach town on the Brittany Coast, L’Agapa is a boutique resort with just 45 rooms and a commanding view of the beach(see attached satellite image). The hotel, originally built in the 1930’s, was thoroughly renovated in 2005 and has the look and feel of a new, contemporary hotel.

The high season is July 14-August 31. Accordingly, the month of June, the first half of July, and September are good times to visit.

Room

I stayed in a room 60 in Villa Desirade. This is a corner room with floor to ceiling windows providing a great panoramic view of the sea. It’s a spacious room (I would guess 480 square feet) with a large outdoor patio (perhaps 250 square feet) equipped with two chaise loungers. A lot of modern electronics are provided in the room: a 42 inch flat screen TV above the desk (with AV, PC, HDMI, and USB connectors) as well as a projection TV with a screen that comes down from the ceiling so you can watch DVD’s from bed. Although the room is spacious, it does not make the best use of available space. A wall of built-ins along the right wall take up floor space (although guests staying for a week ... or a month ... would appreciate the storage). A corner cabinet that contains the (free!) minibar likewise occupies useful space, and there is small round table with two chairs in front of the glass patio door to the patio that makes access to the patio difficult. (I’m told the table and chairs are provided solely because French law requires them in order for a hotel to have a 5* rating). The room had an extremely large white tile bathroom with soaking tub, large green glass dual vanities, a step-in shower, with the WC across the entry hall from the bathroom. A critique of the lighting — the bathroom lights had only two brightness levels: super-bright or off. A light dimmer would be appreciated. Some minor service glitches: An espresso machine is provided in the room, but there were only two creamers and two packets of sugar available; the cup I used in the afternoon was replaced, but neither cream nor sugar was replaced at turndown. I used three towels before dinner (drying laundry), but only one towel was replaced at turndown.

L'Agapa

Would you like to write a review on the L' Agapa Hôtel Spa Nuxe?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.