Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Mayakoba

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:36 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Rosewood Mayakoba

Rosewood Mayakoba

Map| 5 Reviews | 80% Recommended

Rosewood Mayakoba

Carr Federal Chetumal Playa del Carmen, MX 77710

Rosewood Mayakoba (0 Photo)

Rosewood Mayakoba

First, a word about the Mayakoba complex of resorts. This is a massive development of resorts owned by a single Spanish owner who contracted with four outside hotel management companies — Rosewood, Fairmont, Banyan Tree, and Viceroy — to design and run four resorts within the complex. The centerpiece of Mayakoba is an 18-hole championship golf course designed by Greg Norman; the course hosts the annual Mayakoba Classic, a PGA event. Guests at any of the Mayakoba resorts have charge privileges at all of the others, so that you can take advantage of those hotels’ restaurants, spa facilities, and shops. Each hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service that will take you to the other resorts upon request. However, all share a common weakness — only 10% of the complex is beachfront, meaning that most guests are staying at least half a mile from the beach. Although the resorts provide golf carts that constantly run to and from the beach, I don’t understand the attraction of going to a tropical beach destination, not being able to see the ocean from your room, and being a 15-minute walk (or more) from the beach under the hot tropical sun. This being said, here are my impressions of the resorts that I inspected.

Room

We spent three nights in a Deluxe Overwater Lagoon Suite, an extremely spacious 1 BR Suite. To the right of the entry area is the bedroom and a large bathroom beyond it. To the left of the entrance is a large living room that opens onto an outdoor deck equipped with two chairs, a lounger, and small plunge pool. The suite has two flat screen TVs, and the large bathroom has two separate vanities, a large soaking tub, step-in shower, and a separate outdoor shower. (All rooms at the Rosewood have dual vanities and separate tub and step-in shower).

The Deluxe Lagoon Suite is a spacious and more economical option. Though smaller in terms of square footage (it is an Executive Suite rather than a full 1 BR Suite), it is quite spacious with a very good room layout. Additionally, there is a lounge area with private plunge pool on the roof of the suite. This being said, my recommendation is to book a room by the beach. The Beachfront Suite (with the same guestroom configuration as the lead-in Lagoon Room) is an attractive guestroom from which you can step right onto the beach. Across the cart path from the Beachfront Suites are the Beachside Lagoon View Suites (ground floor) and Beachside Ocean View Suites (second floor). These room categories have floorplans similar to the Deluxe Lagoon Suites (executive suites).

Service

I was impressed with the level of service during my stay. If you leave your eyeglasses or sunglasses on a table in the room, housekeeping will place a packet with an eyeglass cleaning towelette by them. I once left the paperback book I was reading on the sofa, and housekeeping inserted a bookmark at the open page. Complimentary snorkeling excursions are offered, and complimentary bottled water was also provided everywhere upon request.

Dining

The food was excellent at the Rosewood, with a creative breakfast menu and buffet that is complimentary with Virtuoso bookings. We also enjoyed the casual Mexican dining options for lunch and dinner at the Beach Club; you can have a good and economical meal by ordering three tapas per person.

Rosewood Mayakoba

Would you like to write a review on the Rosewood Mayakoba?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.