Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Four Seasons London at Ten Trinity Square

This just came in this morning:

Announcing Plans for Ten Trinity Square, London

We are pleased to announce that in partnership with Reignwood Group, Four Seasons has plans to breathe new life into Ten Trinity Square, one of London’s most iconic buildings, transforming it into a luxury hotel and residential development. Ten Trinity Square will be an excellent complement to our two existing hotels at Park Lane and Canary Wharf, and expand our presence in this critically important market.

Following a meticulous restoration, the former Port of London Authority building is being redeveloped as part of a vision to establish one of the most exclusive addresses in London. With 98 guestrooms and suites, the site of Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square will also include 41 private residences – Ten Trinity Square, The Residences at Four Seasons – as well as a private members' club.

Set in a heritage property originally designed in 1922, Four Seasons Hotel London at Ten Trinity Square will deliver the highest standard in modern day luxury as well as feature two gourmet restaurants and a spa. Guests will enjoy breathtaking views of the Thames and the Square Mile’s most prominent landmarks.

Ten Trinity Square lies within a thirty-minute drive of London City Airport, and is just twenty minutes from both the West End and London's second financial district of Canary Wharf.

Click here for more details about this exciting new hotel. Projected opening date to follow.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

small! will be interesting to watch
spa - including pool? any residences in hotel inventory?
presumably no access to club, some hotels do offer that

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...y_Square_Hotel
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1428321
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Interesting indeed. No sure if I will stay compared to PL as PL Location seems to be more conveniant for sightseeing and dining
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I quite like the location and was wondering what would be done with this building- quite an interesting choice.

http://www.hotelowner.co.uk/2228-fou...-luxury-hotel/

I don't know much about Reignwood except they seem to have quite a strong Chinese portfolio and Thai background if I am not misunderstanding or confusing things?
Old Feb 28, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
First Impressions Four Seasons Ten Trinity Square

I just came back from a one night stay at Ten Trinity Square, and had a very good experience.

Le Dame de Pic: Their signature restaurant is superb, and amongst the best meals I've ever had. Each course was innovative, surprising, and of course delicious. I cannot more highly recommend you make a reservation.

The hotel: The structure of the hotel is stunning, both the exterior and interior. The lounge under the rotunda is absolutely gorgeous, displaying sculpted walls representing different elements. The piano reputedly cost a several hundred thousand pounds, and fills the room with delightful music. The staff was very well trained and solicitous of our wants.

The Rooms:
The size is excellent for London, far better than the FS Park Lane. I also particularly liked the white marble, no expense spared bathrooms, though you will need to request a separate shower if that is a priority, as our Deluxe room had a combination shower and tub (so elegant I didn't give it a second thought). This isn't a view hotel but it is so close to the Thames and the Tower of London that is really joyful to walk straight from the hotel onto a boat to any part of London you'd like to visit.

The Spa: It isn't open yet, the drawings of the pool and rooms look stunning.

Location: I found that the location was very good for sightseeing, with easy access to all parts of the city. This would be a particularly good property for business men who want to also see the city during a business trip.

Conclusion: The large sized rooms, the pool, and the exceptional restaurant make this a property to seriously consider on your next stay to London.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
a combination shower and tub (so elegant I didn't give it a second thought).
Elegant is impossible in this context if you ask me One of t´he things that let me drive long ways or pay high amounts to avoid.

Without joking I´m glad they do well and I´m sure combos won´t be found in the higher categories. Same problem at Park Lane, not to talk about other London properties.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 11:42 am

I agree that 10 Trinity is a fantastic hotel. You need an executive room, though, as entry level are a bit small. Exec rooms are very large and with great bathrooms. La Dame de Pic - totally agree - amazing food.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

fourseasons.com/tentrinity/accommodations/room_comparison/
12 entry level - some combo, some shower only (rest separate)
MacMyDay also posted photo report in london hotels thread

fourseasons.com/london/accommodations/room_comparison/
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
shower combination - 08 29 (2 x 7 = 14 total?)
plus same 2 as jr conservatory on 2nd floor ?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 1, 2017 at 1:14 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Stayed 3 nights in February, booked 2 superior rooms via FSPP:

- one room upgraded to Deluxe, another to Premier room. Both had showers and bathtub, so combo. I heard some rooms have only showers stalls
- underfloor heating throughout the whole bathroom is very pleasant touch
- the rooms are not bright enough to not use artificial lighting or perhaps it was a typical British weather, which made it look like that. Anyway the window in the room is too small to fill the room with natural light. There is a big window in the bathroom with electric blinds.
- there was an error on the welcome letter with benefits stating "complementary internet" instead of "complimentary". The internet was indeed complimentary.
- I heard some construction going on from my room, I guess they were working on the suites.
- I heard the sound of passing subway, which I didn't expect to hear
- the hairdryer in the rooms is absolutely terrible for self drying, I know it is what top hair salons are using these days but it is not meant to be for self drying due to location of the buttons. They should go for GDH.
- except for gym the spa is not opened yet
- excellent breakfast which is a la carte, some confusion around it, as they say different timings over the phone than it is for real, e.g. i was told you can have breakfast at the restaurant until 10:30 but when I came down at 10:00 I was told it is no longer possible but I can have breakfast at the lobby (included anyway). I am sure they will sort it out.
- they try to remember you well or what you had on breakfast asking if you would like to have the same as yesterday just to get you something different. I had royal eggs Benedict with salmon and the lady asked me next day if I want the same for breakfast as yesterday, just to serve the eggs with turkey ham (where I don't eat meat), they fixed it promptly though. Great quality breakfast overall, nice tea selection and fantastic jams.
- I tried La Dame de Pic restaurant and it was fantastic, top class pre-dinner cocktails, excellent amuse bouche, great french fusion food with asian influences, very good service
- concierge was very helpful, they fixed late night restaurant booking at Nobu and arranged tickets for Arsenal game despite tickets being sold out

Worth noting is that breakfasts are a la carte and they are taken off the bill upon checkout. You can have it until 10am at the restaurant, at the lobby from 10am or in the room. FSPP benefit is also $100 (hotel made it GBP 75) food and beverage credit per stay, so I had this deducted upon checkout against La Dame de Pic bill.

Overall it will be a great hotel (once the on going works are finished for the suites, asian restaurant and the spa), with great looking facade and impressive lobby. Would definitely come back but not before May, when they are supposed to be fully operational.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:49 pm

It is interesting that some recent FS developments include either showers only or tub/shower combos in both new builds/developments (FS DIFC) and restorations (FS Trinity). Both properties are somewhat business hotels (DIFC more than Trinity). This problem can be avoided by booking top end rooms or suites. In a way it is understandable that the blueprint is streamlined and geared towards the modern traveler, who - in reality - makes mostly use of the shower. Lately FS tries to perfect the product and seems willing to compromise, although this can be rather dangerous, taking the 'luxury hotel' aspect into perspective. Only FS with their highly personalized service and flawless (well-earned) reputation can afford to 'cut corners' like this, without risking to be seen as somewhat of a lesser group. Isn't a tub one of the hallmarks of Forbes' 5* rating?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah, descriptions have become a problem/complexity

combination >
seems 16 total - park lane
maybe (or not) less than 12 - trinity

unknown - DIFC - because without tub can still be described as "full"

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 3, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
ah, descriptions have become a problem/complexity

seems 16 total - park lane
maybe (or not) less than 12 - trinity
unknown - DIFC - because without tub can still be described as "full"
Also, the Junior Conservatories at Park Lane are considered suites but nevertheless feature showers only. Reason enough to avoid. But most guests booking this category are upgraded with near certainty.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

showers only or combination, i am guessing 2 combination

"suites" that arent one-bedroom are frequent topic here too

do Rooms Managers always know exact details for this?

jonjparr, yes lots of room/bathroom discussion here
some book entry level and just see it as hotel deficiency

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 4, 2017 at 12:09 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:05 am

Does anybody else here actively avoid room categories with showers over the bath? I can't stand them. The only place I will abide them are airport hotels.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by jonjparr
Does anybody else here actively avoid room categories with showers over the bath? I can't stand them. The only place I will abide them are airport hotels.
Same.
Can't stand them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.