Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Surrey, NYC

The Surrey

Map| 4 Reviews | 75% Recommended

The Surrey

20 E 76th St New York, NY US 10021

The Surrey (0 Photo)

The Surrey

I did not like this hotel very much. It did not help that we had some service issues from a frosty check-in experience to extremely slow service (for housekeeping, bellmen, etc).

Room

The room product is nice -- we had a Grand Deluxe salon with King bed. Grand Deluxe Salons are about 400 sq ft. The room we were in was done in neutral colors with a predominant theme of grey. There is a sitting area by the window with two large and comfortable arm chairs with a large coffee table in between; a nice cushioned window bench to gaze out of the room (we had no views being on the 4th floor); a plush Duxiana king bed; flat screen TV and a large work desk. The bathroom was done nicely but this category of room only comes with a stall shower. Internet is charged at $14.95 per day for up to 4 devices.

The rooftop bar is very nice but with the humidity and heat of the weekend we were there it was not as pleasant to sit out there.

Service

Room service is from Cafe Boulud and is priced very high. There is a $7 Administration fee plus an 18% gratuity plus taxes. The bellmen are friendly but very casual which may or may not be agreeable to certain guests. Doormen can be a little crusty and front desk agents were frosty. The hotel offers a house car in the morning and evening hours on weekdays only also within a 10 block radius.

The Surrey

Would you like to write a review on the The Surrey?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jan 25, 2017, 12:02 pm
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
I had a similar middling experience at the Surrey with frosty check-in, overly casual bellmen and poor housekeeping. The room decor was not that special either for what is supposed to be a very high-end luxury boutique property. Had a terrible experience with our room where the housekeeping seemed to have left the turndown service half-done with garbage on the bathroom floor and other really bad details missing. They gave us a new room after we complained, but this wasn't that much nicer.

The only positives were the food, a great spa treatment and decent concierges. Otherwise, I would stay away. There are tons of high-end luxury hotels in New York and the Surrey just doesn't cut it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.