Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Peninsula Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:28 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The Peninsula Shanghai

The Peninsula Shanghai

Map| 3 Reviews | 100% Recommended

The Peninsula Shanghai

32 Zhongshan Dong Yi Road Shanghai, CN 200002

The Peninsula Shanghai (0 Photo)

The Peninsula Shanghai

This new hotel — which opened in October, 2009 — is the new flagship of the Peninsula hotel chain. In short, the Peninsula is an amazing luxury property. Situated at the northern end of the Bund, it is built in an art deco style, and walking through public areas, hallways, and guest rooms, one is impressed with the attention to detail as well as the beautifully selected materials — dark marble, carpeting, doors, wooden moulding, even the elevator doors. It is elegant without being flashy, and the interior design is aesthetic perfection.

Room

Every room except one corner suite was occupied at the time of our site inspection, but that suite completely wowed me. The interior design was stunning, with a definite feminine touch, and the bathrooms offered two sinks, each with its own vanity, a soaking tub, separate WC, and step-in rain shower. As an example of the attention to detail, even a nail polish dryer is provided in the bathroom. We were told that all the bathrooms in the property were similar to the bathroom in the suite.

Overall

If you are a leisure traveler in Shanghai looking for the very finest luxury hotel in town, and you prefer traditional to contemporary styling, there is no second choice. You will be happy with the Peninsula.

The Peninsula Shanghai

Would you like to write a review on the The Peninsula Shanghai?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.