Wiki Posts
Search

Boston Luxury

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:47 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
RC Boston review: here or in the Ritz Carlton Forum RC Boston thread?

To my fellow Luxury Forum peers, would it be more appropriate to post my Expert Review of the RC Boston here in this thread or its own thread here in the Luxury Forum or post it in the Ritz Carlton Forum in the RC Boston thread? Is there enough interest here?

Thanks for the input!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:06 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Of course we’d like to see it in this forum.
I personally like trip reports in their own thread. They get lost otherwise and become difficult to search for.
FlyerEC and bhrubin like this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ericka
trip reports in their own thread. They get lost otherwise and become difficult to search for.
this works well when separate threads >
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/ericka.html
Statistics then "Find all threads started by Ericka"
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=18598&starteronly=1

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 18, 2018 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:26 pm

I want to see it here^ I look forward to it.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:35 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

RC Boston review posted

I posted the Expert Review in its own thread here in the Luxury Forum. Mods are welcome to move it eventually to this Boston Luxury thread if and when they feel that’s most helpful.

Ritz-Carlton Boston: Excellent Executive Suite stay despite Luxury Suite air con fail
Old Apr 21, 2018, 11:08 pm

Anyone care to share recent experiences with the Langham?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:09 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Ritz-Carlton Boston now my go-to

So I’ve now had two more stays at the Ritz-Carlton Boston in 2019 since my first stay in 2018. My most recent stays have been near-perfect.

As always, I’ve been upgraded as an Ambassador elite to an Executive Suite. My suites have always been pre-cooled to 65 F, setting the RC apart from every other Boston luxury hotel which wouldn’t even guarantee 67 F (that includes the MO, the FS, and XIV Beacon). There’s been a fan at the foot of the bed. There’s been extra bottles of water. They brought a coffee maker on request. They blacked out the bedroom windows so it was truly blackout.

On this current stay, I noticed the entry room rate had dropped once I was within the cancel window. So I asked if I might get a $100 F&B credit in good faith since I couldn’t use a Marriott Luxury card lower rate that offers that same credit. The very friendly and obliging FDA graciously provided me with the credit. That’s extremely impressive IMO.

I am most impressed with this Ritz-Carlton property. From room service, to concierge, to the bellmen, to the amazing bartender and bar servers, everything has been pretty flawless. The only thing that isn’t perfect is a not perfectly functioning bidet in the toilet. Not too bad.
instyleprincess likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Four Seasons One Dalton stays?

Hello, I did a search for this property but nothing came up. Has anyone visited this property yet? It would take an amazing hotel to take me away from the original FS.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
Hello, I did a search for this property but nothing came up. Has anyone visited this property yet? It would take an amazing hotel to take me away from the original FS.
https://www.fourseasons.com/content/...ies/onedalton/
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Thank you, Vuittons. Have you stayed here yet?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:13 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
I've had two sets of clients who have now stayed/visited both the original and new One Dalton.

They all appreciated the new hard product but much preferred the location and vibe of the original FS. I think the new FS was a bit too hip for their taste
I've not yet seen it in person.
Goodmorning2U likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:21 am

Bar Boulud at the Mandarin Oriental has closed ...

https://www.boston.com/food/restaura...-boulud-closed

Also perhaps worth noting, Meritage in the Boston Harbor Hotel closed back in February to be converted to event space.

https://www.boston.com/food/restaura...sing-its-doors

Last edited by 330West; Jun 17, 2020 at 10:36 am
Old Jun 17, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I enjoy Boulud's restaurants in other locations, including Bar Boulud in NYC, but this one was just not very good. Poor and rude service, overpriced food, and insanely salty. I've had to send back dishes here, and I very rarely do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.