Community
Wiki Posts
Search

J. K. Place, Florence

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:18 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
J. K. Place

JK Place Florence

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

JK Place Florence

Piazza di Santa Maria Novella 7 Florence, IT 50123

J. K. Place, Florence (0 Photo)

JK Place Florence

J. K. Place is a young (2003), extremely small, boutique hotel with just 20 rooms. The hotel was created by design to offer a more personal experience than a typical hotel. There is no public lobby; guests enter by ringing the doorbell (as in a private home). There is no reception desk. Guests are greeted as they enter, and check in takes place seated in the living room. The intent is to create a feeling of being "at home" within a relaxed, luxurious atmosphere.

Service

The outstanding feature of this hotel is its personalized service. Claudio, the general manager, is a native of Florence and sits down with guests to help them plan their stay in the city. He has authored a concise guide to Florence — which the hotel gives to guests — which looks to be a very helpful resource.

Dining

The breakfast room is perhaps paradigmatic of the hotel's style. There is a single, large table around which guests sit for breakfast — with a choice of eating in the TV room just off the breakfast room. After breakfast, the room turns into a kind of Club Lounge, providing refreshments throughout the day. All soft drinks, coffee, and tea are complimentary (not only in the Lounge but from the minibar in your room). WiFi is complimentary throughout the hotel.

Room Types

I was only able to see several rooms because of high occupancy. Room #3, called a Master Room, is an open plan Junior Suite located in front of the building with a view of Piazza di Santa Maria Novella and its the church. At 60 sqm, it is extremely spacious, though also quite pricey at 1100€. The Penthouse is a duplex suite, also large at 50 sqm. Its extraordinary feature is a large rooftop terrace with a fabulous view of the Duomo for 900€. Junior Suite #22, also with a Duplex arrangement, is a better value at 700€ as it offers enough room for four guests. The living room sofa converts into a King bed, and the suite has two full bathrooms. Children up to age 12 stay free; extra adults are 100€ per day, including breakfast and Club access. I was not able not see any of the regular guestroom categories.

Most rooms have a separate step-in shower and tub and single vanity. Some have a separate WC.

J. K. Place, Florence

Would you like to write a review on the JK Place Florence?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.