Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Il Salviatino

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:09 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Il Salviatino

Il Salviatino

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

Il Salviatino

Via Del Salviatino 21 Florence, IT 50137

Il Salviatino (0 Photo)

Il Salviatino

A new 45 room hotel that opened just two years ago, Il Salviatino is a remarkable property located in Fiesole, just outside Florence. I was part of a group of travel agents that stayed here for two nights in order to introduce the property to a wider market. The current owners purchased a 16th Century Florentine villa, once the home of the Salviatori family, that had fallen into ruin. The villa has been restored, including some frescoes, marble fireplaces, mosaics, and its formal Italian garden. It is set in a parklike setting in the Fiosole hills with a commanding view of Florence.

Room

I stayed in an impressive second floor Junior Suite (room 25) on the front corner of the building and could see central Florence and the Duomo from my window. The suite featured a large bedroom and separate living room with sofa and table and had 20 foot ceilings and its original eight foot wooden paneled doors. The bathroom, like all those I saw at Il Salviatore, had one large pedestal sink, a step-in rain shower, and a separate WC (no tub). The hotel does need some work to complete its full potential, most notably better lighting in the guestrooms, bathrooms, and other public areas of the hotel. (Management is aware of and will address issue). This is not a property for individuals who have difficulty climbing steps.

Overall

Il Salviatino does not attempt to recreate the kind of Renaissance grandeur that the Four Seasons offers. Rather, the intent is to give the feeling of an authentic Florentine villa with the kind of home environment that a prosperous family of merchants enjoyed in centuries past, and I think the renovation was largely successful. The hotel offers personal service and a homey environment, with an informality that the more formal Villa San Michele does not. We were all charmed by the setting, with the caveat that the room product still needs some work. However, the price point is extremely reasonable. Lead-in rooms start around 250€, and with the Virtuoso amenities, this is a very good value.

Il Salviatino

Would you like to write a review on the Il Salviatino?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.