Wiki Posts
Search

Rosewood Baha Mar (Baha Mar, Bahamas)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:11 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
check ocean club availability and plan on having to change airfare
They aren't showing any availability. I already tried that. That is why i need to know sooner rather than later.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by Valveking
I have had an August 1st booking for quite a while now and am starting to get nervous. Everything I have read indicates that the Chinese contractor and the Chinese owners are in some sort of feud and they are more or less in a work slowdown.

MY TA emailed them for me yesterday and has not heard anything back. This is starting to look a little dicey.
Valveking - keep me posted. I can provide a contact if needed. Your TA should know how to reach Rosewood's Sales Director for the Baha Mar property. Also, let me know what they tell you/what they offer you. I feel I was being too generous by only asking them to cover my flight change fees. Seems they are offering others free nights in addition to covering change fees.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:39 pm

Assuming they ever get this place built- is the weather too dicey to go in October?
Old Apr 23, 2015, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ray1022
I feel I was being too generous by only asking them to cover my flight change fees. Seems they are offering others free nights in addition to covering change fees.
I'd have to agree with this
Old May 27, 2015, 4:31 pm

August trip cancelled

The Rosewood Baha Mar just called, and cancelled my August trip there (said the hotel would not be opening in August due to large delay in the construction schedule.

I've probably been lucky, never had a trip cancelled on me before. Definitely a pain, especially since I was bringing a friend and his son with me for a quick break before summer vacation.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:59 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by japanesegeek
The Rosewood Baha Mar just called, and cancelled my August trip there (said the hotel would not be opening in August due to large delay in the construction schedule.

I've probably been lucky, never had a trip cancelled on me before. Definitely a pain, especially since I was bringing a friend and his son with me for a quick break before summer vacation.
Sorry to hear that- any compensation? The Grand Hyatt has been offering 20K HGP points per night plus airfare related charges for cancellations...

FDW
Old May 28, 2015, 7:46 am

I reschedule my trip for President's day. I doubt this hotel is finished until late this year. What a mess. Sorry about your trip.
Old May 28, 2015, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Sorry to hear that- any compensation? The Grand Hyatt has been offering 20K HGP points per night plus airfare related charges for cancellations...

FDW
Their offer was either
1) I can go to the hotel, from once it opens until November 2016, and get two nights free in a One Bedroom Suite Ocean View (had originally booked a Junior Suite Ocean View) with free breakfast daily and free transportation to and from Nassau Airport. And any airfare related charges turned into credit on resort fees.
or
2) If Atlantis is more expensive than the Rosewood (for a comparable room), they would cover the rate.

Could just be me, but Option 2 seems like a terrible offer.

As far as Option 1 goes, not that I wouldn't reschedule for next year, it's possible, but rescheduling is hard especially when you are trying to bring friends, so am a nervous about accepting the time limited offer. I am going to ask to see if they'll
(a) give me more time
or
(b) make the offer good for any Rosewood hotel. I'm sure I'll be in a city with a Rosewood at some point over the next year.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 5:53 pm

Rosewood Hotels wants out of Baha Mar

Looks like Rosewood Baha Mar won't be happening.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-N...ut-of-Baha-Mar
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:08 am

After cancelling my hotel stay on me, Rosewood is now emailing me saying that the gift certificate for two nights at the Rosewood Baha Mar and $750 resort credit (valid between November 15th, 2015 and October 31st, 2016, can be used at another luxury property within the Baha Mar settings (if and when if opens up) and is not redeemable at another resort within the Rosewood Hotel Group. This despite the gift certificate saying on it that the gift certificate was for the Rosewood Baha Mar.

Seems like a pretty non-luxury way to do business. One of my favorite things about luxury hotels is they usually keep the drama to a minimum, so I can just focus on having a fun vacation. I do feel bad that they made a bad business deal with Baha Mar, but that's not my fault. Instead I'm out $750 in change fees for the flight there, and have negative feelings toward Rosewood.

Last edited by japanesegeek; Sep 11, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:19 pm

At this point they have offered me absolutely nothing other than a stay at Las Ventanas for 3 times as much. What a joke!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Revisiting this thread - has Rosewood offered anyone any compensation for airline change fees, etc?

I'm going to reach back out to Rosewood again and complain about this. Previously they said they would (1) cover our change fees by way of a resort credit to be used on our revised stay dates and (2) then also offered a 2nd trip complimentary for a few nights. Obviously neither of our trips happened or will ever happen. And as a result we are out of pocket or airline change fees.

Wondering if they provided anyone any resolution? Seems poor practice that Rosewood would not at least provide a resort credit at one of their other properties.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:50 am

They have offered absolutely nothing. They told me that it was the job of that particular resort to offer any compensation and because that resort is not ever going to be a Rosewood, then we get nada. I have a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth from it and will not be staying in Rosewoods if there is another decent alternative.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Valveking
They have offered absolutely nothing. They told me that it was the job of that particular resort to offer any compensation and because that resort is not ever going to be a Rosewood, then we get nada. I have a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth from it and will not be staying in Rosewoods if there is another decent alternative.
Thanks for confirming. I, too, have the same negative feeling towards Rosewood now. One of the reasons I give my business to companies of this caliber is to be taken care of if and when things go wrong...here Rosewood has done nothing for loyal customers. Their management team really should have shown some goodwill here.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

have to talk to senior people at corporate.. (or the parent company)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 29, 2016 at 8:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.