Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Doubletree Charlottesville

Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Doubletree Charlottesville (8 Photos)

Here's a stay report from 7/5-7/6

The hotel is on US 29 about 5 miles north of Main Street/Downtown/UVA etc. and 5 miles south of CHO. That puts it about 10 miles from Monticello. The area is saturated with fast food and sit down chain restaurants, gas stations and stores (it's across the street from a Walmart and two miles from a Mall).

The hotel is 9 stories tall though the lobby and entrance are on the 3rd floor. There's a lot of meeting space just off the lobby which also has a two computer business center. The lobby also has a large bar (that's open until midnight) and restaurant (open until 11). There's a pool area a level down from the lobby. 

Check In

Handled quickly and told I was upgraded to the Executive Floor AND it was open on weekends! Huge bonus there. Amazingly, a few minutes after check-in the agent called my room to apologize for "insulting me". She and I were talking about Hilton and she'd asked "do you work for Hilton?" and decided later she thought that sounded rude. I'd thought nothing of it but it was nice of her to make sure I wasn't insulted.

Room

Executive King on the 9th (top floor) which required key card to get to. It was a large room with desk, sitting area with couch (and oddly placed chair), coffee table, comfortable bed with outlets next to it (yes!) and a large TV with a good selection of channels. The bathroom was a little small but the shower had amazing water pressure. No complaints about the room.

Amenities

Exec Lounge/Other: Evening snacks was beer and wine for a cost (a glass of wine was $9), one hot dish (mini quiches), cold cuts, cheese, bread, cookies and vegetables and dip. Breakfast was hot eggs, pastries, bagels, cereal, fruit, yogurt and granola bars. The lounge was open 24 hours for soda/water/juice. They also had a book exchange. Even though you had to use a key to the get to the 9th level, you also had to use a key to get into the lounge.

Overall

No complaints about this hotel minus one elevator being out of service leaving only one operational. My rate was $116 and I would stay here again.

Would you like to write a review on the ?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.