Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Villa Feltrinelli (Lake Garda, Italy) hotel

Villa Feltrinelli (Lake Garda, Italy) hotel

Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:03 am
Original Member

When is best weather? What's it like in September and October? Nearest airport?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KatW
When is best weather? What's it like in September and October? Nearest airport?
Best Weather is subjective- nearly any time though from May through September should be quite warm and nice- also October can be OK but a bit more risky for rain and wind- nothing dramatic though and still worth a visit.

Airports in order of convenience: VRN/VCE/BGY/TSF/LIN/MXP/BZO
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:30 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jetboy
Entering the Villa Feltrininelli is a secluded affair. ... The Grand Hotel Villa Feltrinelli – Aman in all but name.
Lovely review which confirms why I've been wanting to go there for some years now. Unfortunately, for different reasons it never worked out, which is a shame as would be rather easy to reach from Zurich.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:37 am

It's closed for Winter? Rates are indicated only until October 12th.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:41 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Jetboy
Entering the Villa Feltrininelli is a secluded affair. Wrought iron gates slowly open up after you’ve pressed the almost hidden buzzer and announced your name to the hotel reception. Hardly noticeable from the main road you turn to the Villas private road meandering down the hill, as if to someones private residence. The Hostess greets you and suggests lunch at the enhancing restaurant overlooking Lake Garda, whilst the staff unpack your bags. From that moment onwards you know all your wishes will be taken care of, even before you have an inkling of a thought of something in your head.

The Villa is a complex of three Residences, with the main Villa Feltrinelli, Mussolini’s old summer palace, oozing of history and housing guest bedrooms and suites as well as a charming bar and a restaurant. The Decor in the main house is slightly darker than in the other two building housing two to three suites each. Bobs Boathhouse sits on the lakefront, offering a private pier and several bedrooms and terraces for exclusive use.

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner can be taken anywhere on the Villas grounds and staff are more than accommodating and initiative to your needs. Sitting by the immaculate croquet lawn with no staff in sight, enjoying a bottle of wine that was finishing a new one magically appeared with some delicious antipasti. There no need to sign for bills at the Villa, everyone know who you are. The food was italian, and mostly excellent, as you would expect, but the chef always happy to deviate from the menu if you had any special requests.

The Villa has a spectacular green marbled infinity pool, reflecting of the greenness of Lake Garda itself, with its crystal clear waters. The Villa has a private meticulously restored Riva that can be hired to explore the Lake or to be taken for lunches or cocktails at neighbouring towns and villages.

The suite I stayed was understated, but decidedly Italian. Wooden beans in the ceiling, exquisite bedding and breathtaking views of Lake Garda from the balcony. The Bathroom featured a double shower and a bath and, of course, Acqua di Parma toiletries in full sizes. It wasn’t the biggest suite I’ve ever stayed in , but you don’t come to Garda to sit in your room. I made full use of the swimming pool and the wonderful service provided there, swimming in the fresh lake, the unforgettable Riva and countless croquet matches. My only regret was that I only stayed for 2 nights. The Grand Hotel Villa Feltrinelli – Aman in all but name.

cheers,

JB
------------------------------
Visit WWW.GETSETJETSET.COM for more luxury hotel and restaurant reviews
Great review. We're planning to visit in either early to mid October 2015 (right after season and rates drop!) before or after a stay in Venice. Your description of "Aman in all but name" seals the deal for us!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
One of my favorite resorts in the world. There are also a couple if great restaurants in the nearby town for those who stay more than a few days. The restaurant at the villa is of course terrific. Renting a boat for a half day is wonderful. When we were there they took you out with it her guests for cocktails one day a week on a gorgeous villa owned yacht. Not sure if that us still part of the program, but worth asking!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:20 pm
Original Member

I'm convinced, now on my list (plus, you know, a cat!), maybe 2015 but more likely 2016.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:05 am

September seems to be better weather however it can easily be the other way around. If I was booking far in advance I would go for September...
Old Jul 31, 2016, 4:21 pm

Just back from Villa Feltrinelli. We stayed in the 1-bedroom suite called Bougainvillea (#33) in Casa Dei Fiori. We made our reservations 2 weeks ago so availability was limited!

Pictures don't do justice to the decoration, it is very difficult to capture the elegance and glamour of Villa Feltrinelli!

Obviously you shall expect high prices (transportation from/to Milan Linate airport is 350 Eur one way, we had a couple massage for 80 minutes at 440 Eur, and lunch / dinner will go up easily to 200 Eur per person, may be 100 only if you stick to a main dish with dessert).

The pool is gorgeous and the manicured garden makes the place very relaxing and peaceful. I could spend hours there, watching life on Garda Lake.

Complimentary minibar and laundry is a nice touch. I have to admit that my expectations were not so high, it was difficult for me to understand the praise and enthusiasm. But indeed you have to go and live the experience to understand why it is such a special place.

Some amenities could be improved (there is no proper spa, only a treatment room called 'Rejuvenation Room' with Aqua Di Parma products and no gym). And service while excellent is not perfect. But it's still worth it!

Shall we go back I would choose the 2-bedroom suite in Casa Dei Fiori or others buildings (Casa Rustica or preferably la Limonaia) as these enjoy a covered private terrace.

Last but not least, in July and August the traffic during weekends is a nightmare. It took 2 hours to arrive and 3 hours to come back. It you can afford it ask for a helicopter transfer!

Old Aug 1, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
350 € per way? For this price I get a very nice rental car.....
Old Aug 9, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Pictures don't do justice to the decoration, it is very difficult to capture the elegance and glamour of Villa Feltrinelli!
Completely agree.

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Shall we go back I would choose the 2-bedroom suite in Casa Dei Fiori or others buildings (Casa Rustica or preferably la Limonaia) as these enjoy a covered private terrace.
I can attest to the loveliness of La Limonaia as we stayed there a couple of summers ago. It was a perfect stay. Absolutely perfect.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:41 pm

I can completely understand the praise Villa Feltrinelli gets, but it just falls short in a few too many areas for my liking to rank it amongst the best out there. The setting is spectacular and is why the prices are so high, but if I took food, facilities, rooms, spa, gym etc etc I'd choose Park Hotel Vitznau in almost every criteria it could be set against. Absolutely worth visiting, but I'd take a long look around at alternatives being revisiting.

I absolutely will do a full write-up on this property, as it does deserve it, but for now here's a whole set of photos from our 3 night stay:

/
SanDiego1K, ray1022 and bhrubin like this.
Old May 27, 2018, 5:51 am

The Villa Feltrinelli is like staying inside a Faberge egg.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:37 pm

As promised, my full thoughts: Review: Villa Feltrinelli, Lake Garda ? The Good, The Bad and The Luxurious
obscure2k and ray1022 like this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:22 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Thanks for the review. Entertaining as always. Clearly, we need to bring you with us as our mosquito repellent.

This VF reminds me somewhat of Post Ranch Inn—spectacularly beautiful location and property with little to do but gawk, eat, and concomitantly blow money, and definitely not worth it for us. At least the PRI accommodations impress. These do not.

So sorry that my helicopter landing blew you away, but then I’d saved up for the stay by having 6000 non-alcoholic drinks here and there—in case you were wondering.

P.S. Still waiting for your La Residence review. How many non-alcoholic beverages do I need to consider to get that?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.