Wiki Posts
Search

Cairo's 2 Four Seasons: Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by stephem
Thank you. I really should have sent a note to a 4S VP that one of my family members knows, but I was so irked by the stay that I couldnt find the motivation to put pen to paper.
Why not just send a few line email to the 4S VP with link to this thread... if we dont take initiative then what will change?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Fantastic Four Seasons Nile Plaza Cairo vacation

We just completed an exceptional 6 night stay at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. It was a life long dream of my mother’s to visit Egypt with her grandchildren and I am so happy we made the Four Seasons our home base. We also toured the Ritz-Carlton, immediately adjacent to the Cairo Museum and facing the Nile. I will give my impressions of that property towards the end of my discussion of the Four Seasons NP.

We booked the car service, visa service, and meet you at the airplane service. Our time was limited and for the first time ever, I felt the value for this additional comfort was warranted. I highly recommend the car service from the airport to the hotel. It made the end of a very long trip from the states comfortable and we felt very safe in their standard S class car with their very friendly and helpful English speaking driver.

If there was one word to describe the excellent luxury service we received throughout our stay it would be, helpful.

The Visa service was expensive and not worth the additional cost in my opinion. The private arrival hall the representative takes you to is one shared by all VIPs at the airport and not luxurious, its merely comfortable. It is true however, we waited in no lines, and we were whisked through customs in less than a minute to the waiting car. Opinions on value for money will vary on this point.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I was very happy with the high quality of the building, tastefulness of the art, and the furniture. The style reminded me of the Four Seasons San Francisco, with the sycamore wood paneling and the soaring ceilings. Almost everyone smokes in Cairo but the ventilation and the architecture made it of passing remark, and I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke.

The hotel was decorated throughout for the holidays, with gorgeous trees and decorations.

When I approached the Front desk there were 5 agents working hard, as this is high season and during the New Years celebration. I was greeted warmly right away and whisked up to a Four Seasons suite, we also had a Superior city view room. They did the check in, in the suite and it was very fast and the gentleman helped acquaint us with the hotel during the process.

The balconies for all of the rooms are furnished with excellent quality, comfortable, and clean furniture. Even on a lower floor the room was very quiet and peaceful.

I liked that this property stocked L’Occitane toiletries.

The Spa

With separate men's and women's sauna and steam room, and miniature hot pools, and separate relaxation rooms with floor to ceiling windows of the Nile, we felt the amenities were very good. Service was attentive but not overbearing and always present when we needed them. Modesty in Egypt requires the use of bathing suits, even in the separate women and men's area. They have eucalyptus to for the steam rooms upon request, and selection of nuts and dried fruit laid out in the relaxation room. Without a doubt, Waleed, from Giza, was a standout massage therapist. Ask for Waleed. Gender for massages is also segregated and once there was no gentleman masseuse and they apologized. Despite imploring, they would not assign Waleed as the therapist for my mom. Oh, the trials one faces at the Four Seasons, haha.

Breakfast every morning was an affair to look forward to. French juiced mango was offered and ever ready. They had a lovely juice bar included with the buffet, as well as beef bacon (no pork in Egypt), and a very popular omelet station. The views of the Nile from all of their restaurants was exceptional.

We ate at Bella (their Italian restaurant), 8 (Chinese), the Upper Deck (by the pool), and the Lobby Lounge. Most hotel restaurants in North America are, generally speaking, not big money makers for the hotels. However, at the Four Seasons NP I felt that these restaurants were tremendously successful and constantly patronized. My favorite restaurant was 8 because of the staff, the decor, and the view. The food at all of the restaurants was good but not particularly memorable, unlike the gorgeous views.

There are two pools, one indoor and one outdoor, both pools have a Jacuzzi attached to them. The one outdoor, has two parts, one of which is a relaxing pool and the other a lap pool.

There was not a "house" car, of which I was aware. They did have various cars for hire, managed by the hotel but we took our chances with Uber.

If you use Uber, it is imperative that you choose "Uber Select". This is the Cairo equivalent of an Uber Black car in the US but will in reality will only provide you with a nice but middle of the road with regards to cost, think Hyundai.

nolan222 and AnaTravel like this.

Last edited by Goodmorning2U; Jan 9, 2019 at 12:59 pm Reason: updates
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:16 am

My reply didn't post - I'll try again.

Goodmorning2U, sounds like you had a great stay at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. This is my preference over the Four Seasons First Residence. The NP wins on location, spectacular views, spa and gym. Staff at both hotels are professional and look after guests well. Did you try the limousine service in addition to the airport pick up? Looking forward to your next impressions.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:48 pm

Can someone provide the email addresses for the internal reservations departments at the two FS Cairo hotels? Seems that one can call them, tweet at them, message on FB, etc...but their reservation departments' email address are not provided.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:03 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:54 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
We just completed an exceptional 6 night stay at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza. It was a life long dream of my mother’s to visit Egypt with her grandchildren and I am so happy we made the Four Seasons our home base.

We booked the car service, visa service, and meet you at the airplane service. Our time was limited and for the first time ever, I felt the value for this additional comfort was warranted. I highly recommend the car service from the airport to the hotel. It made the end of a very long trip from the states comfortable and we felt very safe in their standard S class car with their very friendly and helpful English speaking driver.

If there was one word to describe the excellent luxury service we received throughout our stay it would be, helpful.

The Visa service was expensive and not worth the additional cost in my opinion. The private arrival hall the representative takes you to is one shared by all VIPs at the airport and not luxurious, its mearly comfortable. It is true however, we waited in no lines, and we whisked through customs in less than a minute to the waiting car. Opinions on value for money will vary on this point.

Upon arrival to the hotel, I was very happy with the high quality of the building, tastefulness of the art, and the furniture. The style reminded me of the Four Seasons San Francisco, with the sycamore wood paneling and the soaring ceilings. Almost everyone smokes in Cairo but the ventilation and the architecture made it of passing remark, and I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke.

The hotel was decorated throughout for the holidays, with gorgeous trees and decorations.

When I approached the Front desk there were 5 agents working hard, as this is high season and during the New Years celebration. I was greeted warmly right away and whisked up to a Four Seasons suite, we also had a Superior city view room. They did the checkin in the suite and it was very fast and the gentleman helped aquaint us with the hotel during the process.

The balconies for all of the rooms are furnished with excellent quality, comfortable, and clean furniture.

I liked that this property stocked L’Occitane toiletries.

More soon...

So glad you’re family had a safe and enjoyable time! Egypt is on our bucket list.

Curious, was the Giza tourist bus bombing before or after your stay? We were in Marrekech a few months after their big attack and while we felt safer with the extra security, it was also very sad.

Last edited by Ericka; Jan 7, 2019 at 12:12 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
Thank you, AnaTravel! Yes, we had a great stay. By limousine service, do you mean a house car to take us around within a certain radius? If so, we did not try this service.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:19 pm

Hi Ericka!

Oh yes, we were there when the bus was blown up and were on the same highway of the accident perhaps two hours after the accident but did not know of the incident until our return to the hotel.

Overwhelmingly, we felt safe and we were safe. There are more violent deaths in my hometown each day than there are attacks against tourists in the average year in Cairo. I would return and bring my family in heartbeat. That said, my heart goes out to good people of Egypt because not only does the rare attack against tourists keep people away, but it also makes it difficult for the citizens of Egypt to get tourist visas to visit places most of the world takes for granted, such as visiting Europe.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:28 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Hi Ericka!

Oh yes, we were there when the bus was blown up and were on the same highway of the accident perhaps two hours after the accident but did not know of the incident until our return to the hotel.

Overwhelmingly, we felt safe and we were safe. There are more violent deaths in my hometown each day than there are attacks against tourists in the average year in Cairo. I would return and bring my family in heartbeat. That said, my heart goes out to good people of Egypt because not only does the rare attack against tourists keep people away, but it also makes it difficult for the citizens of Egypt to get tourist visas to visit places most of the world takes for granted, such as visiting Europe.
Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:29 am

Thank you, AnaTravel! Yes, we had a great stay. By limousine service, do you mean a house car to take us around within a certain radius? If so, we did not try this service.
The Four Seasons NP has a limo service. Smartly dressed chauffeurs and nice clean cars. It's good value for small groups. Worth knowing for your next visit!
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:11 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
The Four Seasons NP has a limo service. Smartly dressed chauffeurs and nice clean cars. It's good value for small groups. Worth knowing for your next visit!
I don't believe either hotel has their own service. They are both outsourced. Very good, nonetheless.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ericka

Interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing.
Hello @Ericka I am sure you realize that in the USA there are close to 40,000 deaths each year by car accident and another 40,000 or so because of gun violence.

Roughly, for every 100,000 deaths in the USA eleven are from gun violence and unlike in Egypt who respond strongly to terrorist activity here we dont really care to do much of anything about violence. I guess what I am trying to say is safety is very subjective. Would you wonder the same things about safety going for a drive around St. Petersburg Florida walk around downtown New Orleans?

One thing is for sure, you will most likely have a much nicer hotel experience at the Four Season's Cairo NP then any hotel in the USA (I keep referencing USA as that is where I am mostly based).
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:20 am
Suspended

hotel pool in the winter months

I know about the heated indoor pool within the spa complex of the NP but I believe they forbid children (seems silly not to have a family swim for even a couple hours per day as I have hardly ever seen this pool used by anyone). Are the outdoor pools at either property heated or even used during these next few months?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I don't believe either hotel has their own service. They are both outsourced. Very good, nonetheless.
It is outsourced. Yet it is easy to book in the hotel. For first time visitors to Cairo it is worth comparing options - as other limo services are available. The staff at the FS make everything seamless and it's reassuring to know they are there to help.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I know about the heated indoor pool within the spa complex of the NP but I believe they forbid children (seems silly not to have a family swim for even a couple hours per day as I have hardly ever seen this pool used by anyone). Are the outdoor pools at either property heated or even used during these next few months?
The hotel advertises the pools as heated - including the children's pool. I only ever use the indoor pool so I can't tell you if that statement should be treated with a pinch of salt. The whirlpool in the indoor area is heavenly and big enough to float in after a swim in the main pool. Decent gym too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.