Cairo's 2 Four Seasons: Thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cairo's 2 Four Seasons: Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:11 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stephem
Thanks for posting, I havent been to Cairo in a few years, maybe 10 and am heading back with my wife and three kids next summer for a quick pyramids tour and a cheap business class ticket ;-) This looks like a fabulous place to stay, had done the LM Pyramids in early 2000s and it seemed tired then so can only imagine it now. Haven't looked yet, but is this property in FHR or any promo I should look for? Also, when I was last there I used this awesome woman at Casual Cairo detours as a guide and she seems to have retired. Any suggestions? Looking for someone who can help organize whatever we can pack in during 23 hours, but also keep the locals from hassling us.
The LM is a dive in comparison.

FHR and Virtuoso are both offered.

If I had 23 hours I would simply book the hotel E or S Class for the day. From memory it's only $200ish USD and let them arrange everything for you.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by stephem
Thanks for posting, I havent been to Cairo in a few years, maybe 10 and am heading back with my wife and three kids next summer for a quick pyramids tour and a cheap business class ticket ;-) This looks like a fabulous place to stay, had done the LM Pyramids in early 2000s and it seemed tired then so can only imagine it now. Haven't looked yet, but is this property in FHR or any promo I should look for? Also, when I was last there I used this awesome woman at Casual Cairo detours as a guide and she seems to have retired. Any suggestions? Looking for someone who can help organize whatever we can pack in during 23 hours, but also keep the locals from hassling us.
I booked through Lady Egypt Travel. I loved them as they were locals and so professional. What I did like was the personal guide we had would let us experience Egypt as a tourist and would tell locals selling things to go away after they asked us once to buy. They didn't keep us perfectly sterile which I liked.

I can't recommend them highly enough. They were not just about the money. I only had to pay half of my 4 week trip with them prior to arriving. When I arrived they said we'd pay the rest with EFTPOS however my card wouldn't work on their mobile machine. They said not to worry, they'd just try again the next day.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:01 pm

I have a cheap fair out of Cairo and Im thinking of spending 2 nights here.
Whats the difference between this and the Nile hotel?
Both are the same rate!
Is it just a matter of location?

Edit: There is also the ritz carlton. However, that is double the price of the FS, so I can cross that off the list.
I am committed to two nights in Cairo, wife wants to see pyramids, etc.

Last edited by surftb15; Apr 3, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:32 pm

Has anything changed since this review?
I am considering both but just need to pull the trigger.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:07 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by surftb15
I have a cheap fair out of Cairo and Im thinking of spending 2 nights here.
Whats the difference between this and the Nile hotel?
Both are the same rate!
Is it just a matter of location?

Edit: There is also the ritz carlton. However, that is double the price of the FS, so I can cross that off the list.
I am committed to two nights in Cairo, wife wants to see pyramids, etc.
Do not stay at the RC. The hotel lobby is full of local men loitering and smoking. The photos online look nice, but all of the common areas are still the Nile Hilton. It is definitely not worth the price.

The FS NP is geared more toward tourists. There's a luxury department store downstairs.

The FS FR is in Giza, which is close to the Pyramids and has views of them is rather inconvenient to see anything else and the traffic is very bad.

We stay at the latter but I would recommend NP.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Do not stay at the RC. The hotel lobby is full of local men loitering and smoking. The photos online look nice, but all of the common areas are still the Nile Hilton. It is definitely not worth the price.

The FS NP is geared more toward tourists. There's a luxury department store downstairs.

The FS FR is in Giza, which is close to the Pyramids and has views of them is rather inconvenient to see anything else and the traffic is very bad.

We stay at the latter but I would recommend NP.
I ended up booking First Residence because it was $140 dollars and the NP Was $275.

There for 2 nights, possibly 3.

Ill check out the other FS on the return flight!
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:30 pm

I ended up booking First Residence because it was $140 dollars and the NP Was $275.

There for 2 nights, possibly 3.

Ill check out the other FS on the return flight!
FR is less popular and has a much more exclusive feel. Luxury mall downstairs and a Pizza Hut two doors up (think 1980s Western Pizza Hut).

Book a room that has a view of the Pyramids. I've written several reviews on here. It's a solid property and the head Concierge Tamer is exceptional. I would argue get the hotel to arrange your sightseeing in one day and do the Egyptian Museum first thing when they open to bear traffic then do the Pyramids.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:39 pm

FR is less popular and has a much more exclusive feel. Luxury mall downstairs and a Pizza Hut two doors up (think 1980s Western Pizza Hut).

Book a room that has a view of the Pyramids. I've written several reviews on here. It's a solid property and the head Concierge Tamer is exceptional. I would argue get the hotel to arrange your sightseeing in one day and do the Egyptian Museum first thing when they open to bear traffic then do the Pyramids.
Great - I have just emailed the concierge.
Do they do airport pickup?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 6:30 pm

The more I look into it, the more it seems there is to do.
I am actually going to spend 3 nights here now.

Day 1 - Land @ 5:05 am, Check in, Sleep, River Cruise, market
Day 2 - Pyramids, Sphinx, etc
Day 3 - Mosques, etc
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:09 pm

The more I look into it, the more it seems there is to do.
I am actually going to spend 3 nights here now.

Day 1 - Land @ 5:05 am, Check in, Sleep, River Cruise, market
Day 2 - Pyramids, Sphinx, etc
Day 3 - Mosques, etc
They have E and S Class options. Do the S Class, it can be a long drive. Car has wifi.

Have you prebooked for early arrival? Otherwise I would recommend booking through a Virtuoso agent.

The FS FR actually has built its own luxury super yacht but it won't move from outside the hotel.

If you want a tourist itinerary do: Pyramids one morning then the Muhammad Ali Citadel and Mosque. Next day do the Egyptian Museum first thing in the morning, then Khan el Khalili and river cruise.

The key to Cairo is to cross the city in the morning to not get stuck in traffic.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 9:49 pm

They have E and S Class options. Do the S Class, it can be a long drive. Car has wifi.

Have you prebooked for early arrival? Otherwise I would recommend booking through a Virtuoso agent.

The FS FR actually has built its own luxury super yacht but it won't move from outside the hotel.

If you want a tourist itinerary do: Pyramids one morning then the Muhammad Ali Citadel and Mosque. Next day do the Egyptian Museum first thing in the morning, then Khan el Khalili and river cruise.

The key to Cairo is to cross the city in the morning to not get stuck in traffic.
Yes, I booked with a travel agent.

I actually added a night so I'll be there for 3 nights now.

​​​​​​Land at noon. There seems to be a lot to do and I don't want to rush a thing.
Old May 13, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We have changed plans and now plan to be in Cairo arriving on a Tuesday late in the evening (around midnight) and then departing on the morning BA flight on Friday. So that gives us all day Wed/Thurs as opposed to just 24 hours as I had originally been thinking. I have 3 kids and will be August and hot so I know the only way this will work is if we have a nice swimming pool at our hotel ;-) I may book LM in the airport for Thursday night just to have a jump on getting into the airport by 7am for the BA flight, so am primarily trying to figure out what to do for Tues/Wed nights.

I think First Residence would be ideal for a day at the Pyramids and it has a very nice looking pool, but I am wondering if being isolated would work for us on Day 2? As for properties that are more central, thanks to the poster above for advice on giving the Ritz Carlton a pass, there is something odd in their Trip Advisor comments right now where they arent allowing new comments due to some discussion related to a "media event" I can't find too many pictures, but the Nile Plaza pool looks kind of basic in terms of size and siting. But I do see that the Fairmont has a nice looking roof top pool that I think the kids would love and I would do the Gold floor for lounge access. Any opinions as to FR vs the Fairmont in terms of the feel of the property? My wife looked at the FR pics and I could tell that was her first choice, so don't want to book Fairmont and have her totally let down ;-) Maybe we should just do the FR for all three nights so we can unpack and have a comfortable base and we'll just deal with the traffic...
Old May 13, 2018, 4:28 pm

The Fairmont and Towers are in Heliopolis, near the airport. So it’s no more convenient than the FR.

FS NP is more central for the Museuem, Nile Tower etc.

The pool and indoor spa, steam and sauna are much nicer st FR.

I would pick the FR; do the Pyramids on the morning of day 1 then do the central sights on the morning of day 2. This helps avoid traffic.

There is no club lounge but F&B (excluding alcohol) is pretty cheap and of very good quality at the hotel.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:34 am

I have booked FS First Residence for 3 nights and then 2 nights at the end of a 2 week tour.

I requested a Nile view and the agent booked a Premier room so I asked to make sure it was a renovated room and facing west, she now says it is a corner room with a partial view of the Nile.

I am also now considering changing to FS FR with pyramid view for the first stay and FS NP Nile view for the last 2 nights in case we want to revisit the museum.

​​​​​​Can anyone advise which rooms at FS FR have a full Nile view and/or a Pyramid view as the FS website is not helpful. I have overspent on the Oberoi boat so trying to keep to normal rooms at the hotels as much as possible!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Cyan123
I have booked FS First Residence for 3 nights and then 2 nights at the end of a 2 week tour.

I requested a Nile view and the agent booked a Premier room so I asked to make sure it was a renovated room and facing west, she now says it is a corner room with a partial view of the Nile.

I am also now considering changing to FS FR with pyramid view for the first stay and FS NP Nile view for the last 2 nights in case we want to revisit the museum.

​​​​​​Can anyone advise which rooms at FS FR have a full Nile view and/or a Pyramid view as the FS website is not helpful. I have overspent on the Oberoi boat so trying to keep to normal rooms at the hotels as much as possible!
It's hard to describe. Some corners face the Giza Zoo, Pyramids and the Nile is to your left (street side).

90 degrees counter clockwise to those rooms are Nile view but there is another building in front of you. The pool is immediately in front of you.

Tell them your preference and I'm sure they'll accommodate.
Cyan123 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.