Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lower Manhattan best options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Lower Manhattan best options

There are non suite rooms at Greenwich with soaker tubs. For downtown option, it tends to be my first choice. For me, Firmdales are a bit twee.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 9:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by grumbler
There are non suite rooms at Greenwich with soaker tubs. For downtown option, it tends to be my first choice. For me, Firmdales are a bit twee.
I forgot that the Greenwich room has a soaker tub. It's only a queen room so it's a no go for us... Some of the deluxe rooms have soaking tubs but there is no way to guarantee a soaking tub and king bed unless you book a suite.

FDW
Old Aug 10, 2014, 6:21 pm
hkn

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, Jumeirah Sirius, Tablet Plus,
My picks would be...

Crosby Street Hotel –.not completely flawless and rooms on the smaller side. But the Firmdale folks know how to run a hotel. Food was way better than expected at the CSH. Plus: Location is superb. A review with my pics and a little more opinions can be found right here.

The Mercer –.not the celebrity hangout it used to be but still everybody in the lobby will discreetly scan you to determine whether you're famous or not. Staff is fantastic. Rooms are roomy. Location is first class. See more here.

Soho House –.since it was mentioned in this thread. Maybe not the obvious choice for a luxury accommodation but still... the larger rooms are ginormous and the rooftop bar/pool area is one of the nicer places to hang out in the city.
Also, their restaurant has improved. Not much to complain about. Pics of my 'Playhouse Room' with a freestanding egg-shaped bathtub next to the bed here.

My 3 cents.

:: hkn ::

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.