Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for Holiday Ideas - May - Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2014, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Looking for Holiday Ideas - May - Beach

Hello everyone,

im looking for a holiday idea, end of may 2015, 10 adults and 8 kids of varying ages (4-14).
Price not an issue, luxury it has to be.
But obviously it has to have some entertainment value for the kids as well.
Reachability: Half of us flying from Singapore and the other half from Germany...

Any good ideas?

Thanks!
Old May 15, 2014, 6:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not an area I'm expert in but I'll kick off the discussion by suggesting the Maldives or Seychelles.
Old May 15, 2014, 10:04 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Wow that's a huge group flying in! Might want to check out Alila Villas Soori's 10-bedroom estate for that in Bali. Decent weather in May too, I believe: http://www.alilahotels.com/soori/the-soori-estate

Maximum Occupancy 20 adults or 12 adults and 8 children
Size (m2 / sq.ft.) 5250 m2 / 56510 sq.ft.
I may be wrong, but Phuket/Samui weather is a bit iffy around that time? Could run into rain. Otherwise, couple of adjoining villas at either as part of a larger estate might work.

Maldives is a great option too - but depending on how long you stay there, that might get a bit dull for the kids? Although with so many of them around, perhaps they'll themselves entertained.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
I would consider Dubai/Abu Dhabi that can be easily reached by both departure Countries and is almost half way.
But you should be comfortable with high temperature that end of may can easily hit around 35°.

If the location works then you have many hotel options to consider depending from your test/needs.

That period of the year, all the Mediterranean works well. My personal favorite for kids is the Romanos in Southern Peloponnese where you have just plenty of entertainment for kids (and adults as well) even if in May/June you always want to check if they are fully operational (this is true for all the Mediterranean location that mainly consider high season July/August).
Old May 17, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Might want to try a villa at Puri. I did that last year with 16. Worked out well. As others have suggested May is a bit iffy for Phuket but not awful. Amanoi is another option, but not much to do outside of the resort. You might also want to look at Coco Prive in the Maldives but that's basically beach only as well.
Old May 17, 2014, 9:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by 5khours
Might want to try a villa at Puri. I did that last year with 16. Worked out well. As others have suggested May is a bit iffy for Phuket but not awful. Amanoi is another option, but not much to do outside of the resort....
Villa at Puri will be very doable especially short flight for those in Singapore . Note that trip is in May , weather now seems ok for the time of year - rains ' over night ' .
N'oi will be interesting too depending how long the trip is .

If not , an Amanusa villa or a few at Kila will be nice . Longer flight from Germany .
Possibly Amanwella .
Maybe too hot in Pulo but excellent beach .

Maldives beaches likely more ' corally ' but fewer options for other activities .

Last edited by FlyerEC; May 17, 2014 at 9:18 am Reason: Typo , add info
Old May 17, 2014, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael82
end of may 2015
10 adults and 8 kids of varying ages (4-14)
Price not an issue
Half of us flying from Singapore half from Germany
what kind of accommodations / budget?

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Maldives or Seychelles
also mauritius - FS has cheapest residential villas and looks like €50pp for dinner package

FS seychelles has residential villas too but much more expensive

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Dubai
almost half way
35°
good point re temperatures

dar al masyaf 11-room gulf summer house (booked individually)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post22095959

Coco Prive in the Maldives
maldives 3BR+ >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post17010290
(apparently cheval blanc 4BR is also private island)

villa at Puri. I did that last year with 16
Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Villa at Puri
how does one get from villa to beach at puri? some are far?

if they are open to anywhere, certainly lots of options, especially with flexible budget

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm
Old May 17, 2014, 7:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

unclear whether theyre looking for ~9BR villa or 9 rooms and what '"price not an issue" means

FS seychelles has residential villas too but much more expensive

maldives 3BR+ >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post17010290
(apparently cheval blanc 4BR is also private island)

how does one get from villa to beach at puri? some are far?

if they are open to anywhere, certainly lots of options, especially with flexible budget
Exactly that , $ not an issue . Luxury & meeting preference of all in group - this is key

One ( a couple of ) Puri villa has direct access to a tiny beach .
For the others , owners can drive down with own or Aman will ' buggy ' down if they wish ( usual mode ) .
This is an Aman , the flagship , where they are known to do everything to make things easy ' comfortable enjoyment / relaxation to the hilt ' for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.