Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Carmel, California, resorts (2014 onwards)

Carmel, California, resorts (2014 onwards)

Old Apr 23, 14, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Any Updates on the best property

Keep in mind, I'll have two young kids with me.
Old Apr 28, 14, 8:28 pm

Programs: United 1K 2 MM
Originally Posted by Hotelsforlife View Post
Keep in mind, I'll have two young kids with me.
We like Bernardus Lodge: while it is a sort of "wine country" vibe, there are ususally several families w kids, and there is a nice big pool. Plus, out in Carmel Valley, the weather will be warm enough to use it. Proximity to Garland Ranch Park is a plus for hiking, there are trails for all ages and it is very popular with families.

Don't forget the Monterey Aquarium!
Old Apr 28, 14, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Started a new thread rather than resurrecting a thread last posted into 7 years ago.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Apr 28, 14, 11:03 pm

We stayed in the Spanish Bay Inn with our two children in December and loved it. It was relaxed, DH played golf a few times and we were close to everything.

I love the Carmel area and we have been two years in a row now. (from Australia)
Old Oct 21, 14, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Trying to decide between Bernardus Lodge and Carmel Valley Ranch for Sept 2015 while attending a wedding at the nearby Holly Farm. We have a 110 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback, but Bernardus has already given us permission to stay despite their 75 lb pet limit.

We're leaning towards Bernardus since I know they are about to have a refurbishment this winter, hopefully sprucing up the decor to more contemporary standards--since we've heard it's been a bit dated for the past several years.

Any thoughts from people who have been to either or both properties, or thoughts on another property we should be considering? We don't have to bring our dog, but Carmel is such a dog-friendly destination that it seems a shame to visit without him.

Thanks!

Last edited by bhrubin; Oct 21, 14 at 11:36 pm
Old Oct 21, 14, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K
I've stayed at Bernardus. It was very nice. Can't go wrong there.

Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
Trying to decide between Bernardus Lodge and Carmel Valley Ranch for Sept 2014 while attending a wedding at the nearby Holly Farm. We have a 110 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback, but Bernardus has already given us permission to stay despite their 75 lb pet limit.

We're leaning towards Bernardus since I know they are about to have a refurbishment this winter, hopefully sprucing up the decor to more contemporary standards--since we've heard it's been a bit dated for the past several years.

Any thoughts from people who have been to either or both properties, or thoughts on another property we should be considering? We don't have to bring our dog, but Carmel is such a dog-friendly destination that it seems a shame to visit without him.

Thanks!
Old Oct 21, 14, 10:26 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
We have a 110 lb Rhodesian Ridgeback, but Bernardus has already given us permission to stay despite their 75 lb pet
That ... is a dog. Could you post a pic so those of us that are not cat people can drool?
Old Oct 21, 14, 11:10 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla View Post
That ... is a dog. Could you post a pic so those of us that are not cat people can drool?
Macallan, our 110 lb 6 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback.

Old Oct 22, 14, 3:40 pm
Original Member

Oh my!

Search this Thread