Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Any luxury hotels with private villas/plunge pools, & butlers in Mexico or Caribbean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any luxury hotels with private villas/plunge pools, & butlers in Mexico or Caribbean?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

My husband and I would like to stay at a luxury hotel in a private villa with a plunge pool and butler. Something like the Ritz Carlton Reserve Phulay Bay would be ideal, but we don't want to go halfway around the world. We hope to find such a hotel in Mexico or the Caribbean. Would anyone please be able to offer suggestions? Thanks in advance
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:55 pm
Community Director Emerita

St Regis Punta Mita has a few villas with private pools. All their suites have butler service. It's a beautiful property. The private villas are just off the sand. We were upgraded to one for one night of a stay. It was extraordinary.
smgainey likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 6:30 pm
A4K

Programs: N/A
Banyan Tree and Rosewood Mayakoba are both all villa resorts. Each room has a plunge pool so its nice to not have to buy up to the upper room levels to get a pool.

No Butlers that I know of, but the service at both are exceptional.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:28 pm

Second the Banyan Tree and Rosewood Mayakoba. In that area, Maroma has some plunge pool suites as well. Four Seasons Costa Rica and Ritz Reserve in Puerto Rico also have pool suites - have not been, but we are trying both over the coming months. Viceroy Anguilla also has plunge pools, but the service would not be on par (although the beach is definitely up there with resorts in Asia). Look forward to hearing other recommendations!
Old Apr 27, 2014, 7:56 pm

Programs: MR, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by smgainey
My husband and I would like to stay at a luxury hotel in a private villa with a plunge pool and butler. Something like the Ritz Carlton Reserve Phulay Bay would be ideal, but we don't want to go halfway around the world. We hope to find such a hotel in Mexico or the Caribbean. Would anyone please be able to offer suggestions? Thanks in advance
Another +1 for the the Rosewood or Banyan Tree in the Mayakoba development. We honeymooned at BT about a year ago and had a fantastic time.

As for your requests, both properties are luxury hotels and have plunge pools, but the Rosewood is the only one that offers a butler. If you book through FHR or Virtuoso, their buffet breakfast is included and it's absolutely amazing.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 8:43 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Rosewood Mayakoba has "butlers"
http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/may...about/services

You won't find dedicated butlers at almost any property unless you book a multi-room accommodation / presidential type. Lots of Mexican properties offer a butler service, but it is shared among a group of rooms and really isn't anything more than a dedicated point person to quarterback your requests. Experience at Mayakoba at both Fairmont and Rosewood and Punta Mita backs this up. Others are free to disagree.

Sounds like you are looking for a resort with a high guest to staff ratio.... Besides the Punta Mita options already suggested, i'd look into Imanta, Jumby Bay (weak plunge pool to be honest), Amanyara and Ritz Dorado Beach.

Last edited by ABG; Apr 28, 2014 at 10:26 am Reason: typos
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:40 am
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ABG
Rosewood Mayakoba has "butlers"
http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/may...about/services

You won't find dedicate butlers almost any property unless you book a multi-room accommodation / presidential type. Lots of Mexican properties offer a butler service, but it is shared among a group of rooms and really isn't anything more than a dedicated point person to quarterback your requests. Experience at Mayakoba at both Fairmont and Rosewood and Punta Mita backs this up. Others are free to disagree.
Totally concur about the 'butlers'. We've been to Rosewood Mayakoba three times, and each time we saw our butler exactly twice - once when we checked in and once when we checked out. A dedicated butler was not really needed however, as the service was usually pretty good (but better at the BT).
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:45 am

Rosewood Mayakoba has perfunctory butlers. Rosewood Las Ventanas al Paraiso, Los Cabos, has butlers in the pool suites.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Check these out: http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Proper...ault.htm?tab=2

2nd Floor Suite with rooftop pool looks especially enticing
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Wow, lots of great suggestions! Thanks so much everyone!!!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had a great time at Rosewood and stayed in the lowest category room which was still huge and had a plunge pool. I also generally like the St Regis Punta Mita but the pool suites on the beach have no privacy at all during the day (although the pools at the Rosewood are not that private either)
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:17 pm

The Sugar Beach in St Lucia meets all your requirements. Each villa and even the cheapest accommodation has a plunge pool and butler service. Although you do share the butler with other villas they do all the normal 'butler' things like unpacking and packing etc.. I thoroughly reccomend it - the setting is spectacular.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by smgainey
What about Dorado Beach, since you mention R-C reserve?

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques also has pool villas.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:45 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Amanyara villas come with dedicated housekeepers and chefs. The casitas are like small freestanding villas but don't have dedicate staff.....just the usual awesome Aman service.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
I manta in Punta Mita also has private pools with most all their casas. The one I had was quite a nice size and with beautiful vegetation around it. There are guest experience managers that essentially function as on call butlers - and the resort is so small, you get immediate attention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.