Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels in Beijing?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by kar don
Hmmm, is it worth doing the manor club?
It is .
the bar itself in the evening alone is worth it .
But that's too much time in the hotel for anyone
Perhaps you may just consider one night with manor club access.

The pool good too.
kar don likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bearbrick
It is .
the bar itself in the evening alone is worth it .
But that's too much time in the hotel for anyone
Perhaps you may just consider one night with manor club access.

The pool good too.
Just so hard to justify. Four seasons club level is half the price with 3rd night free via amex fhr. I'm torn!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:31 am

Just so hard to justify. Four seasons club level is half the price with 3rd night free via amex fhr. I'm torn!
That's a deal indeed .

I am sure the FS is fine .
Never stayed there but as it's a holiday and transportion like the Subway is so convenient , why not ?!
Enjoy Beijing !
Old Nov 1, 2017, 11:41 am

Just saw that Bvlgari has opened a new property in Beijing. Design of the swimming pool is exactly the same as London. But location is not so good, far from Central Business District and far from the Forbideen City.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bearbrick
Thanks for your input. Independent of the location (was considering splitting the stay anyway), does the Aman really justify 3x the price in a city with a lot of luxury options?

WA is good but you may consider albeit a notch lower but still very good is the Rosewood - location not as " central " relatively speaking but doable .
Since you don't mention dates , you may consider Bulgari that just opened - probably wiser to give it a few more months to settle down - location for me is slightly off .

Other options for the higher end hotels would be The Chao - contemporary and independent- and China World summit wing - more corporate but solid .

Re Aman SP ... its a stunning property and its truly special for being what it is ...but its location means you should be around its vicinity - meaning the University district and the old summer palace for a day or two . Word of caution though - at the height of Winter in Beijing which is stunning especially when it does snow ... is rather inconvenient at the AMan , simply because one has to dress warm from one place to another within the hotel ...that's a deterrent for me .
bearbrick
So are you meaning the WA is better than the Rosewood? I am confused... Still trying to pick my hotel for Beijing over Christmas!!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:51 am

bearbrick
So are you meaning the WA is better than the Rosewood? I am confused... Still trying to pick my hotel for Beijing over Christmas!!
WA feels more boutique like , being "smaller" and is a new build but I prefer the layouts of the RW rooms .
I remember you're on a honeymoon - I think RW would be the wiser choice. ...and splurge on a Manor House access 😏
kar don likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:54 am

Does anyone know how the Jen compares to the Park Hyatt? What would you choose?
Old Feb 28, 2018, 3:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Jrichardf
Does anyone know how the Jen compares to the Park Hyatt? What would you choose?
The PH is obviously better, but it costs twice as much as Jen. I stayed at Jen late last year, and was thoroughly impressed.

ETA: Jen is clearly targeted towards millennials (e.g. all of their rooms have "selfie pillows"), but this honestly doesn't bother me because it is squeaky clean, has soft beds, a better gym than the other three Shangri-la properties, and a pretty good breakfast. It replaced the Trader's as their low end option, but is MUCH nicer.
​​​​

Last edited by moondog; Feb 28, 2018 at 4:16 am
Old Mar 1, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by moondog
The PH is obviously better, but it costs twice as much as Jen. I stayed at Jen late last year, and was thoroughly impressed.

ETA: Jen is clearly targeted towards millennials (e.g. all of their rooms have "selfie pillows"), but this honestly doesn't bother me because it is squeaky clean, has soft beds, a better gym than the other three Shangri-la properties, and a pretty good breakfast. It replaced the Trader's as their low end option, but is MUCH nicer.
​​​​
Thanks so much, Moondog, for that info. V helpful indeed. So, next question for you!, if Jen was CNY 986 a night and Park Hyatt was CNY 1178 a night (or 1440 inc breakfast), then which would you choose????
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:25 am

Thanks so much, Moondog, for that info. V helpful indeed. So, next question for you!, if Jen was CNY 986 a night and Park Hyatt was CNY 1178 a night (or 1440 inc breakfast), then which would you choose????
That's a much tighter spread than I would have expected. Perhaps the PH has more elastic demand than Jen. So if Park Hyatts are your thing, I'd probably jump at the chance. But, since our jen rate is 900 including breakfast (which I liked), and the north side of changan jie is generally more desirable, I myself would favour Jen myself if I was planning on eating breakfasts at the hotel (we often have breakfast meetings at other places).
Old Mar 3, 2018, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by moondog
That's a much tighter spread than I would have expected. Perhaps the PH has more elastic demand than Jen. So if Park Hyatts are your thing, I'd probably jump at the chance. But, since our jen rate is 900 including breakfast (which I liked), and the north side of changan jie is generally more desirable, I myself would favour Jen myself if I was planning on eating breakfasts at the hotel (we often have breakfast meetings at other places).
Thanks so much again for that info, Moondog. OK, I will have a think about this! Not going there until end of April. Have never stayed at a PH, and to be honest I'm not a massive fan of corporate chainey type hotels. More a fan of interesting and well designed ones and boutiquey ones. But the PH does look very nice, the views look incredible (tho maybe the views from the Jen bedrooms are good too) and I am a big fan of Lost in Translation(!?!) and the one in Tokyo is well out of my price range! So yeah, ok, I need to have a think about this! Many thanks again.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 4:42 am

for me, without a doubt Rosewood Beijing! great rooms with great F&B offerings.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:40 am

Thanks so much again for that info, Moondog. OK, I will have a think about this! Not going there until end of April. Have never stayed at a PH, and to be honest I'm not a massive fan of corporate chainey type hotels. More a fan of interesting and well designed ones and boutiquey ones. But the PH does look very nice, the views look incredible (tho maybe the views from the Jen bedrooms are good too) and I am a big fan of Lost in Translation(!?!) and the one in Tokyo is well out of my price range! So yeah, ok, I need to have a think about this! Many thanks again.
I suggest you go with the PH for this trip. In spite of my personal preference for Jen, the opportunity to stay in true luxury hotel for only y200 more is pretty enticing, and the view will be better as long as the pollution isn't too bad (IME April can be really bad on this front).
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:49 pm

Best lounge?

Which hotel has the best lounge in Beijing? I'm between the FS, Fairmont and New World right now. Thanks!
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by rollingby
Which hotel has the best lounge in Beijing? I'm between the FS, Fairmont and New World right now. Thanks!
Rosewood .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.