Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lyon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Lyon

During my research here on flyertalk I realized that Lyon - a city I love - is not well if not at all covered recently.

I wonder what's a very good choice there at the moment. A mix of charming hotel, comfortable and good location.

What are your opinions and experiences?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:12 am

Two choices in Lyon, though you certainly won"t find the same hotel quality that in Paris (no real 5 star, or Grande Dame in this city)
. Cour des Loges (excellent location in the "Old town", le Vieux Lyon).It fits your three requests (charming, location and comfort), service is warm (hotel managed by the Sibuet family : les fermes de marie in Megeve, la bastide de marie in the south among others)
. the sofitel if you're more into standardized 5 star luxury with generic room design
Old Oct 20, 2013, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks! What do you think of the Royal or the Carlton which seem to have very good ratings?
Old Oct 20, 2013, 10:26 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I would second Cour des Loges -- best Concierge in the city. Gerard is awesome -- he got us into Bocuse on short notice and even got me a signed menu sent to the hotel when I forgot to ask for one the night before.

We had a lovely top floor Jr. Suite which opened up onto the roof top terrace -- for the most part, it was a private terrace just for us, though all guests have access.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone seen the mezzanin rooms at Cour de Loges?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I love the city of Lyon! Great food, nice wandering around, and day trips! Cour des Loges is the most convenient location and they do have a great concierge, but I am not crazy about the rooms. I really like Villa Florentine which is on the hilltop with I think nicer rooms and still a good concierge. Only issue is taxi everywhere vs walk. View however is quite nice. It is my preferred hotel, but depends on importance of walking everywhere!
Old Apr 23, 2023, 12:20 pm

Anyone have any recent experiences at hotels in Lyon, and have any favorites?

Considering Villa Florentine but would ideally like to be somewhere walkable to city center and other neighborhoods. Also saw that Cour de Loges is now closed and being renovated to a Radisson Hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.