Wiki Posts
Search

the luxury hotels of Vienna

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ouch. wonder if particular side of hotel can be best for quiet

Originally Posted by scented
Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental or Rosewood?

he is now doing other lower end projects as well (Andaz Vienna

cost cutting
indeed. recall rosewood owning some upcoming in europe

seem to recall (older) FS vienna project, dont recall status

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 2, 2017 at 10:43 am
Old May 2, 2017, 10:32 am

I wrote a note down for PH Vienna, which I'll one day use to write a full review of it, but it read thus: my first ever non-hand written welcome note - is this a symbol of all they are? Having a welcome note that was printed on a computer is not very welcoming, even if the GM apparently signed it.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:26 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
I'm not sure if there's another good candidate in Vienna (the RC looks nice, but no reviews; the SPG properties are a little old school for me)....
I will be staying at the Imperial in Oct with my mother...and probably touring/having drinks or a snack at any of the Bristol, PH, and RC while there if time allows. (I always love checking out the other luxury options in town when possible.)

My impression based on lots of research is that the Imperial is the toast of the town in terms of service...and that is most critical to me. The PH is the very modern equivalent but just lacks service quality in a bad way, as amply demonstrated already. The Bristol is supposed to be older world like the Imperial but without quite the sense of formality or quite the same attention to detail. The RC is supposedly a very nice business hotel but not remotely to the luxury standard of the others.

This may be more representative of the PH brand than anything; I haven't yet experienced one that quite makes it to the upper ranks of a luxury hotel (PH Istanbul is very very close though). FDW
As with all brands, there are better and worse examples. We had a tremendous stay at the PH Istanbul just a few years ago. Absolutely an amazing luxury hotel. We are having a very nice stay now at the PH Sydney--though not without a few service bumps. That being said, the PH Sydney also is absolutely of a high luxury standard. And I'd say the same for the PH Buenos Aires.

The PH Milan is lauded here on FT quite often, yet I found it extremely dated and lacking in atmosphere despite a wonderful location. The PH Vienna is lauded for its design and beauty, yet is extremely lacking for its service. Say what you want, but I can also cite many examples to say the same things about various FS, StR, MO, and even Aman properties.
Old May 4, 2017, 2:16 am

Further reports from PH Vienna seem to indicate that my in-room check-in was the exception, while other guests had to find their room themselves. Which is unheard of in the category of luxury hotels this property wants to position itself! Should anyone opt to book the hotel, I would strongly recommend an email to management beforehand.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by scented
Further reports from PH Vienna seem to indicate that my in-room check-in was the exception, while other guests had to find their room themselves. Which is unheard of in the category of luxury hotels this property wants to position itself! Should anyone opt to book the hotel, I would strongly recommend an email to management beforehand.
We didn't arrange it beforehand but had in-room check-in. This was likely because we had an airport transfer in one of the hotel cars. The airport transfer where they forgot the child seat for our daughter...
Old May 5, 2017, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jonjparr
We didn't arrange it beforehand but had in-room check-in. This was likely because we had an airport transfer in one of the hotel cars. The airport transfer where they forgot the child seat for our daughter...
Interesting, thanks for letting me know.
Old May 7, 2017, 5:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Can anyone comment on the restaurant at the PH Vienna?
Old May 7, 2017, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Can anyone comment on the restaurant at the PH Vienna?
What do you want to know? The Bank went from a more fine dining concept to its current incarnation, with a bar next to main dining room. It works well. While breakfast should be avoided for service reasons, I found both lunch and dinner rather pleasant. My favorite spots are one of the beautiful 'alcoves' -- so intimate. Service can vary from spotty to acceptable, waiting times can be long. I would go back to The Bank.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Interesting news, it's good to know...

Rosewood Vienna to open in 2021

Rosewood Hotels & ResortsŪ has been appointed by Central European financial services provider Erste Group Bank AG to manage Rosewood Vienna, which will open in 2021 as the brand’s fifth property in Europe. Housed in an historic 18th century building which was the former headquarters for Erste Group Bank AG, Rosewood Vienna will be ideally situated on Petersplatz, one of the most famous squares in Vienna’s Old Town. Located just steps away from the city’s most luxurious shopping and dining and its most famous historical sites, Rosewood Vienna will serve as an unsurpassed gateway to one of Europe’s most charming destinations.

Please see:

http://www.cpp-luxury.com/rosewood-v...-open-in-2021/

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^
Old May 30, 2017, 5:56 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a newer thread that should probably be used going forward. It is

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=14479

So I am going to close this one. If there are major objections, let the mods know.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.