Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

The Brando (French Polynesia)

The Brando (French Polynesia)

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:41 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by atojbk
anyone have any recent stays lately? seeing if anything has changed since it's been last reviewed.
I believe @BESVISOR has been recently?
BESVISOR and atojbk like this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:48 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Haha, thanks @chinmoylad

Yes, just visited last month and booked a family yesterday for it. Some great deals at the moment if you can travel before April.

I've been too busy to do a write up but hope to share some detailed thoughts/photos on here this weekend. If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by BESVISOR; Jan 30, 2019 at 9:57 am
Old May 8, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: LH Miles & More
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Haha, thanks @chinmoylad

Yes, just visited last month and booked a family yesterday for it. Some great deals at the moment if you can travel before April.

I've been too busy to do a write up but hope to share some detailed thoughts/photos on here this weekend. If anyone has specific questions, please feel free to PM me.
Would be interested in some details as well. Could you please share them here in the thread as well?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:56 pm
Original Member

BESVISOR likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 9:20 pm
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Thanks for the post @KatW
Really miss having coffee with fresh squeezed coconut milk here!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:55 pm

Programs: -
Is scuba diving included in all-inclusive rate? Can any experienced divers comment on the quality of the diving here?
What drinks/wines do they serve?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by jfkcnf
Is scuba diving included in all-inclusive rate? Can any experienced divers comment on the quality of the diving here?
Not included; when we went in 2018, shared was 319 / private was 1081. Certification was 2514.

I dont have the drink menus but Im sure if you were to ask, theyd be willing to send/provide.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:25 am

Thanks. How did you like the diving?

Will reach out for menus, thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 8:45 am
Original Poster

My understanding is that all foreign nationals must produce a valid medical certificate to prove they have tested negative 3-4 days prior to boarding a plane for Papeete. If they cannot produce this they will not be allowed to board the plane. Once they land in Papeete they must self-isolate for 14 days and also perform another Covid test 4 days after their arrival.

This is a fluid situation of course and may change, for the better or for the worse. US tourists seem likely to be excluded from any of these protocols.

Please don't 'reach out' for menus. Just drop them an email.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 11:46 am
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by jfkcnf
Not included but depending on dates, etc. have gotten some chargeable perks included for clients before. Booked a client there for Xmas/NYE and included some perks.
If you use a TA, he/she might be able to pull some strings.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:03 pm

Ok boomer

Originally Posted by Pausanias
My understanding is that all foreign nationals must produce a valid medical certificate to prove they have tested negative 3-4 days prior to boarding a plane for Papeete. If they cannot produce this they will not be allowed to board the plane. Once they land in Papeete they must self-isolate for 14 days and also perform another Covid test 4 days after their arrival.

This is a fluid situation of course and may change, for the better or for the worse. US tourists seem likely to be excluded from any of these protocols.

Please don't 'reach out' for menus. Just drop them an email.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:45 am

Hello- any recent reviews of Brando? Any advice as to which Villa to request? Planning a stay
Old Jul 16, 2022, 2:52 pm
formerly htang333

Originally Posted by off2rome
Hello- any recent reviews of Brando? Any advice as to which Villa to request? Planning a stay

I just had clients return from Brando and had some hiccups. They are not at their best it seems. Very busy and probably understaffed.
Unfortunately, I'm seeing this across the board. Many properties are running at record occupancy but do not have enough trained staff to support, it feels like.

I've got a few more clients heading to Brando over the next couple of weeks and again in Nov as well. Will try to share feedback.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
Unfortunately, I'm seeing this across the board. Many properties are running at record occupancy but do not have enough trained staff to support, it feels like.
That's exactly the problem at the moment at many properties.
Old Oct 25, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
We stayed at the Brando in 2015. We loved the Villa, the setting, and the privacy. We thought the food ok ( not fabulous), and the service was very friendly but there were quite a few misses. Having said that we really enjoyed our stay and have been wanting to return.

We will be embarking on a Seabourn expedition cruise from Papeete to Guam, stopping in many hard to reach islands including Tonga, Samoa, the Soloman islands, New Guinea, Micronesia, etc. We are planning on flying into Papeete early and given we will have a limited amount if time and have been to FP previously by land several times we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to re-visit the Brando for 3 nights to relax and chill out before our expedition trip. Has anyone been lately? I’m wondering if the food and service has improved? Which villas people recommend now ( we stayed on mermaid bay last time but think we might prefer Turtle Beach this time for sunsets, swimming, and snorkeling. Mermaid bay was lovely but quite shallow. We will be there in early to mid April.

We are also thinking of doing breakfast only given we went on the included activities last time and given our expedition cruise will be busy we just want to relax for a few days prior to embarking. Any recent feedback would be greatly appreciated since our last visit was 8 years ago and they were relatively new. Thank you in advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.