FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:21 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by phant0m
I'd like to know this as well for my upcoming trip.

Booked a Mountain Pool and I hope to get upgraded to a Ocean Pool.
That's what we did; our travel advisor (@Besvisor) worked hard to ensure us an upgrade. Though they didn't do it at booking we were accommodated a couple days before check in

FDW
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:27 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Amex Platinum, Inspirato, UA Spouse of GS,Amanjunkie,Starwood Platinum,Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Can someone please share Mr. Pillet's email address with me? Or is there a standard format for Aman email addresses? Or is writing to Joy just as good as writing to Mr. Pillet?
Messaged you with his email address.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ray1022
Messaged you with his email address.
is it better to proactively email the GM with your stay preferences, or should that be something left for your TA to do? Or wait for the pre arrival email?

I have an upcoming stay at Amanoi in May, this will be my first Aman stay, so I am not sure of the usual protocols around emailing the GM.

If the consensus is that it doesn't hurt to email the GM, then may I kindly request a PM with the GMs email as well please?

Thanks.

Last edited by specboi; Jan 11, 2019 at 1:27 am
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by specboi
is it better to proactively email the GM with your stay preferences, or should that be something left for your TA to do? Or wait for the pre arrival email?

I have an uocoupco stay at Amanoi in May, this will be my first Aman stay, so I am not sure of the usual protocols around emailing the GM.

If the consensus is that it doesn't hurt to email the GM, then may I kindly request a PM with the GMs email as well please?

Thanks.
I would tell Joy directly myself. She's your go-to person for making it a special stay.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would tell Joy directly myself. She's your go-to person for making it a special stay.
Thanks, would you be so kind as to PM me Joy's contact information?

Thanks
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:37 am

Hi guys,

I am planning my honeymoon in November and thinking of finishing our trip through Asia with some nights at Amanoi. Would be the first Aman for us. Do you recommend staying at mid/end of November and how many nights would you stay (thinking of 3 or 4)? How is the weather around that time, have read that it can be quite stormy and rainy.

Thanks for the assistance :=)
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:25 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by elgato
Hi guys,

I am planning my honeymoon in November and thinking of finishing our trip through Asia with some nights at Amanoi. Would be the first Aman for us. Do you recommend staying at mid/end of November and how many nights would you stay (thinking of 3 or 4)? How is the weather around that time, have read that it can be quite stormy and rainy.

Thanks for the assistance :=)
Huge congrats on the milestone!!!

I'd suggest not going to Amanoi in mid-late Nov. There's a good chance of strong wind and rain.
Not worth risking ending your Honeymoon in disappointment. There are many other Amans you can sample in SE Asia with better weather

If you're going another time, I'd suggest min of 4 nights at Amanoi, easily. It's one of our favorite Amans.

Cheers!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:29 am

Thanks for the advice, any recommendations as we are traveling through Vietnam for 2 weeks and looking for the perfect /luxurious ending. We are flying back to Frankfurt from Singapore, so have no issues with flying to another country/location for the last stop. Before Amanoi we are staying in Hanoi.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the advice, any recommendations as we are traveling through Vietnam for 2 weeks and looking for the perfect /luxurious ending. We are flying back to Frankfurt from Singapore, so have no issues with flying to another country/location for the last stop. Before Amanoi we are staying in Hanoi.
The November winds are fierce enough to ruin a perfect ending. Their unique microclimate is something else.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:48 am

How about in January? is the weather better?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:22 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
How about in January? is the weather better?
No - the best time to go is around April/May to September. You may get a few days outside of this timeframe where it's nice, but it's always a risk. Hell even within that time frame, you could end up with 2-3 days of really heavy winds.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:06 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Just saw Luxury Escapes has a deal which includes daily breakfast, lunch and one dinner. No Ocean Pool Pavilions https://luxuryescapes.com/au/offer/a...I00000bPm8jQAC

IME booking direct through the property will match any deal available elsewhere if asked.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Brillanty run

Was here end of March.
Fantastic calm weather.
New GM Nicolas Pillet is even improving the great service and hardware:
New Rock Studio for Chefs table and Cooking Classes.
Great new South American Chef with ambition and ideas.
New accommodation types, upgrading old Pavillons with pools and terraces.
Top quality in Spa and throughout the staff.
Overall: The quality of the hardware is shockingly high, different to other tropical hotels every scratch is completely renovated after each stay, so everything still looks brand new.
--> Best resort in the world for me!
ray1022, FlyerEC and scented like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by deer
Was here end of March.
Fantastic calm weather.
New GM Nicolas Pillet is even improving the great service and hardware:
New Rock Studio for Chefs table and Cooking Classes.
Great new South American Chef with ambition and ideas.
New accommodation types, upgrading old Pavillons with pools and terraces.
Top quality in Spa and throughout the staff.
Overall: The quality of the hardware is shockingly high, different to other tropical hotels every scratch is completely renovated after each stay, so everything still looks brand new.
--> Best resort in the world for me!
Last time I was there end of March and had perfect weather. Next year I have some time in early March, but I'm wondering if the risk of windy weather is too high? Maybe Pulo better.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
Last time I was there end of March and had perfect weather. Next year I have some time in early March, but I'm wondering if the risk of windy weather is too high? Maybe Pulo better.
Winds will calm down during February, so early March will be fine.
Anyway: Amanoi is good & enjoyable even when there is wind...
Londonjetsetter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.