Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Amanoi only open for direct booking now, grand opening should be around mid October.
SPA and some pavilions still under interior construction now. I will post some photos later too.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Amanoi only open for direct booking now, grand opening should be around mid October.
SPA and some pavilions still under interior construction now. I will post some photos later too.
Are you sure cause Susan Noonan the GM told me all reservations are still handled by Aman concierge in Sri Lanka... Please post pics soon cause we all wanna see more...
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:39 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Really enjoying this thread!!

Just one question: we will be travveling to Amanoi from HCMcity in March. For HCMcity you recommended us to stay at the Park Hyatt. Now it seems that the Hyatt will be closed for renovation from mid Feb to beg Apr next year. I am thinking of staying in the Intercontinental instead. Do you know it and recommend it or should i rather stay somewhere else?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:42 am

Thanks for the very useful report. I have booked beach villa for early next year. Do the beach villas have direct access to the beach (like Amanpulo) or a few minutes walk away from it?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Musken
Really enjoying this thread!!

Just one question: we will be travveling to Amanoi from HCMcity in March. For HCMcity you recommended us to stay at the Park Hyatt. Now it seems that the Hyatt will be closed for renovation from mid Feb to beg Apr next year. I am thinking of staying in the Intercontinental instead. Do you know it and recommend it or should i rather stay somewhere else?
Actually you have two options if Park Hyatt will be closed for renovation which I understand cause it was not so good about the design. Intercontinental Asiana is certainly good having the standards of an hotel of this group and a quite good service or if you want something more intimate you can choose a luxury boutique hotel recently renovated named Villa Song just in front of the Mekong River (www.villasong.com). I think it can be a nice alternative and a good start before and after the Amano'i journey.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
I will let 5khours post details, as everyone would like to see photos. Here you go.

Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by KrazeeJoe
Thanks for the very useful report. I have booked beach villa for early next year. Do the beach villas have direct access to the beach (like Amanpulo) or a few minutes walk away from it?
No direct access. The Beach Villa is at the same level as the Beach Club, but you have to go through the Beach Club to get to the beach. From the beach villa it's about 50 meters straight line from the villa to the Beach Club, but you actually have to loop back to the road through the villa entrance so it takes a couple of minutes to walk.

Last edited by 5khours; Sep 15, 2013 at 9:35 pm
Old Sep 6, 2013, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by seiknujnama
Copy of pictures in post 37 removed here to avoid duplication.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotes
It looks quite amazing but I just regret to see no flowers in the room or anywhere else in the resort...

Last edited by RichardInSF; Sep 8, 2013 at 9:19 pm Reason: take out lengthy redundant info
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by 5khours
No direct access. The beach villas are at the same level as the Beach Club, but you have to go through the Beach Club to get to the beach. From the nearest beach villa it's about 50 meters straight line from the villa to the Beach Club, but you actually have to loop back to the road through the villa entrance so it takes a couple of minutes to walk.
Hope to see your pics too but actually, when i look all the details of the pictures posted by an other flyer talk member, it looks a bit sterile...
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Amanaddicted
Hope to see your pics too but actually, when i look all the details of the pictures posted by an other flyer talk member, it looks a bit sterile...
Whoudn´t surprise me. I think, this problem is not uncomman with Aman
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by 5khours
Sorry for the slow posts, but I thought everyone would like to get at least a little information as soon as possible. I'll try to finish up as quick as I can.
Thank you very much for taking the time to "feed" our collective curiosity with such detailed information while still on site....hopefully we'll meet in Puri so I'll have the chance to have you for few drinks; if not, thanks again.

This comparison among the scenario there and the Amalfi Coast is really interesting...
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I'll try to get some pics up. I'm just using an iPhone so I don't how they'll come out. I agree though that the other photos make the place look like a dump.

I was supposed to fly out tonight, but I decided to stay for a few more days. I guess I was the first "real" guest at the resort and have had the place to myself all week. Apparently though there some other guests coming tonight and tomorrow.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:46 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Actually you have two options if Park Hyatt will be closed for renovation which I understand cause it was not so good about the design. Intercontinental Asiana is certainly good having the standards of an hotel of this group and a quite good service or if you want something more intimate you can choose a luxury boutique hotel recently renovated named Villa Song just in front of the Mekong River (www.villasong.com). I think it can be a nice alternative and a good start before and after the Amano'i journey.
Thanks a lot for your answer. The Villa Song looks very nice, but not sure that I understand how far away from the sights and markets etc. in the city center it is. Looks like being far, but I do not know the city at all, so please help me here.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:54 am

Villa Song is not right in the city center but being along the Mekong is relaxing. However, planning to walk to the city center which corresponds to District 1 is not possible or hard but taxis are easy to use. But for sightseeing, it's surely better to be in city center so Intercontinental Asiana would be the only option. Consider HCMC as a big city where there is not much to see. Cholon area is quite interesting as well as all the streets around the market but it's more for atmosphere than beautiful monuments and buildings. HCMC is more vibrant than cultural... Hope it helps
Old Sep 6, 2013, 6:56 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Villa Song is not right in the city center but being along the Mekong is relaxing. However, planning to walk to the city center which corresponds to District 1 is not possible or hard but taxis are easy to use. But for sightseeing, it's surely better to be in city center so Intercontinental Asiana would be the only option. Consider HCMC as a big city where there is not much to see. Cholon area is quite interesting as well as all the streets around the market but it's more for atmosphere than beautiful monuments and buildings. HCMC is more vibrant than cultural... Hope it helps
Thanks again. Maybe it is actually better to stay a bit outside then, and take taxis in to see the (few) sights and a market or two. We also like to go and see the Mekong Delta when there, which I guess we can do from wherever. I have sent them an email now and will stay out of this thread with my not-fully-related-to-Amanoi-questions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.