Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Dorchester Collection is buying Hotel Eden (Rome)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:15 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders

Just read this bit of news, a very interesting development! Hotel Eden is a Starwood hotel (Le Meridien) and a member of Virtuoso. Dorchester Collection should do a really great job of renovating, and I predict Hotel Eden will become one of the premier hotels of Rome. Great location near the top of the Spanish Steps, across from the Borghese Gardens.

Dorchester Collection acquire [sic] EDEN Hotel in Rome
Aug 27, 2013

According to Italian media, the Sultan of Brunei, owner of the Dorchester Collection has recently acquired the EDEN Hotel in the Italian capital for an alleged 105 million euros. Situated downtown Rome, in Via Ludovisi, the Eden Hotel is one of the iconic European heritage hotels, having been established in 1889. The hotel features 121 rooms and suites, an outdoor roof-top terrace restaurant, a bar and a garden restaurant with stunning views of the city.

The Eden Hotel in Rome is likely to undergo extensive renovations and an ample re-design to join the luxury standard of the Dorchester Collection Group. Dorchester Collection fully owns and operates: The Dorchester, London; Coworth Park, Ascot; 45 Park Kane, London Le Meurice, Paris; Plaza Athenee, Paris; Bel Air, Beverly Hills; The Beverly Hills; Principe di Savoia, Milan and is developing Le Richemond, Geneva which it will operate under a third party management agreement.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidO
Just read this bit of news, a very interesting development! Hotel Eden is a Starwood hotel (Le Meridien) and a member of Virtuoso. Dorchester Collection should do a really great job of renovating, and I predict Hotel Eden will become one of the premier hotels of Rome. Great location near the top of the Spanish Steps, across from the park.
Very Interesting and a wonderful location - should be a great new option in Rome.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Very Interesting and a wonderful location - should be a great new option in Rome.
+1 Location is really good (2 blocks from Via Veneto and still in a really quiet area).
However, unless changing rooms categories with the refurb, entry level rooms are the smallest i've ever encountered
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:33 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by vincentb89
However, unless changing rooms categories with the refurb, entry level rooms are the smallest i've ever encountered
Diamond Club will come with a guaranteed upgrade at booking!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 4:35 pm

Fantastic.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 11:26 am

Even the suites were not exactly huge at the old Eden, but knowing Dorchester, they will knock together the rooms and make something really special. I wonder if, now that Dorchester Collection are in Rome and Four Seasons will be, if the other high-enders will follow. A MO would be nice. I also heard that Aman were quietly looking, which would be even nicer.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Even the suites were not exactly huge at the old Eden, but knowing Dorchester, they will knock together the rooms and make something really special. I wonder if, now that Dorchester Collection are in Rome and Four Seasons will be, if the other high-enders will follow. A MO would be nice. I also heard that Aman were quietly looking, which would be even nicer.
Indeed a good news.

vuitton do you know where FS is going to be in Rome?
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Whould be great! The actual choices like Hassler and St. Regis are not like my dream came true
Old Aug 29, 2013, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
Whould be great! The actual choices like Hassler and St. Regis are not like my dream came true
Actually my stay earlier this year at the Hassler was considerably better than I expected (there is a Trip Report) however I would like to see also a more modern option (this being said I have and will return also to the Hassler which has the top floor terraces which are pretty great).
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Even the suites were not exactly huge at the old Eden, but knowing Dorchester, they will knock together the rooms and make something really special.
I hope that they do. I've stayed at the Eden twice, and wasn't happy either time thanks to the minuscule rooms. We could barely get the bathroom door to open thanks to it coming up against the bed last time we stayed. I did love their roof top terrace at least.

I wish someone would open a top end hotel near the Parthenon. I used to stay at the Crowne Plaza (now rebranded), just steps from the Parthenon, several times a year while in Rome on business. I loved the location as I could easily walk to much of historic Rome.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:12 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Actually my stay earlier this year at the Hassler was considerably better than I expected (there is a Trip Report) however I would like to see also a more modern option (this being said I have and will return also to the Hassler which has the top floor terraces which are pretty great).
JK Place Roma is to open shortly and looks very nice and is contemporary -- same group as JK Place in Capri and Florence.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:20 pm

Rome may finally have a luxury hotel...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by The_Daddy
Indeed a good news.

vuitton do you know where FS is going to be in Rome?
FS took down the web-page which pertained to Rome. It was the same owner as FS Florence, but then FS Forence was recently sold, so I wonder if Rome has problems (or a new owner!). It is a heritage building requiring considerable renovation - not in the centre, but a little way out. Can't find the address! Sorry.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Miles & More, Hyatt Gold Passport
FS location in Rome:

former Zecca dello Stato building at piazza Verdi
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Trickster10
FS location in Rome:

former Zecca dello Stato building at piazza Verdi
If I locate it correct it whoudn´t be the best location for sightseeing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.